Non-Lady Vol news 2018-19

Baylor Lady Bears (@BaylorWBB) Tweeted:
Tonight we celebrate the 2018-19 season at our annual postseason banquet!
#SicEm Baylor Lady Bears on Twitter

Team awards at the banquet

Co-MVP Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox
Academic Lauren Cox top GPA 3.92
Co-Defensive Lauren Cox & DiDi Richards
Coaches' Moon Ursin
Most Improved Juicy Landrum
Newcomer of the Year NaLyssa Smith
Melissa Jones Hustle & Courage Chloe Jackson

I remember Melissa Jones well, I didn't know there was an award named after her, very fitting. She was always so fun to watch, it was amazing that she came back and played even while she was visually impaired.

Reactions: BUBear
Baylor Lady Bears (@BaylorWBB) Tweeted:
Tonight we celebrate the 2018-19 season at our annual postseason banquet!
#SicEm Baylor Lady Bears on Twitter

Team awards at the banquet

Co-MVP Kalani Brown & Lauren Cox
Academic Lauren Cox top GPA 3.92
Co-Defensive Lauren Cox & DiDi Richards
Coaches' Moon Ursin
Most Improved Juicy Landrum
Newcomer of the Year NaLyssa Smith
Melissa Jones Hustle & Courage Chloe Jackson

Do we have one of these banquets?

I remember Melissa Jones well, I didn't know there was an award named after her, very fitting. She was always so fun to watch, it was amazing that she came back and played even while she was visually impaired.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissa-jones-18190359

Melissa Jones, BA '11

Melissa Jones, BA '11, will go down as one the most beloved student-athletes in Baylor history. Lady Bear fans adore her as much for her basketball acumen and clutch play as they do for her off-the-court service and engaging, down-to-earth demeanor. At the year-end basketball awards ceremony, coach Kim Mulkey bestowed one of the highest honors an athlete can receive -- Jones' number five was retired. Fittingly, she was also the recipient of the team's inaugural Melissa Jones Hustle and Courage Award.

Last edited:
Azzi Fudd went down with knee injury over the weekend at @usab3x3 still waiting on a injury update.

Reactions: gule
She could have moved on i`m pretty sure she was on every top team radar.

Correct. Miss St, ND, Louisville, NC State, Texas and more were in contact with her but Dawn is the coach that developed her and made the country recognized how talented she is. Smart decision to finish her career at SC where she could better her draft stock and possibly win a national championship. No other coach knows or cares for KiKi like Dawn and I’m sure she realized that and realized she belonged in Columbia.

Correct. Miss St, ND, Louisville, NC State, Texas and more were in contact with her but Dawn is the coach that developed her and made the country recognized how talented she is. Smart decision to finish her career at SC where she could better her draft stock and possibly win a national championship. No other coach knows or cares for KiKi like Dawn and I’m sure she realized that and realized she belonged in Columbia.
Is this official, I thought someone just said it was a joke?

VN Store

Back