Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Travis, watch Fulwiley when she gets in the game. Enjoy and have fun, I will be at the game Sunday if SC wins. Will be a little bitter sweet for me, I’m from Maine and Kenzie Holmes is very close to a family member of mine, I have watched her play at IU and am proud of her, she is the best BB player that has come from Maine. Watch out for the young man going to Duke next year btw, he is from Maine and the top rated player in his class. We don’t get a lot of Div 1 players from Maine so those of us from there originally pull hard for them.
Not looking forward to seeing Cooper Flagg in the ACC next year!

Not looking forward to seeing Cooper Flagg in the ACC next year!
He is something..has big shoes to fill coming after Kenzie ….not likely he stays long at Duke given the men players jump early, one of the reasons I prefer WBB tbh. Have I mentioned how excited I am about the women’s games this weekend, will watch them all and perhaps attend Sunday games.

Last edited:
IU 84 usc82
I’d wager some money, as much as you like that IU cannot score 84 against the no.1 defense in the nation. Side bet, can IU score 74? I’ll play that game with you also.

Can we start at $200 Gule on these bets…and if I win can I do the banner thing? And
If you are wondering, I will go higher, much higher, you name it, and then let your talk be backed up by your wallet. I will say you can go as high as $5,000. I’ll play. Will you? And yeah, I can set up the pay system before the game if you are in play and can back up your thoughts..it’s easy, Peace and Love. Lets do the rubber meets road thing ok?

Seems like the time we should settle this between us, and I have never antagonized you, but you insist, so let’s do it. If you are a poor we can play for $50, I would understand.

Last edited:
fish took the bait plumb to the bottom of the stomach. lol silly rooster errbody knows usc is gonna finish undefeated(cus kellie ruined the LV's chances with that dumbass no defense for 1 second crap) this year.. enjoy your banner little guy.

Reactions: olddog
fish took the bait plumb to the bottom of the stomach. lol silly rooster errbody knows usc is gonna finish undefeated(cus kellie ruined the LV's chances with that dumbass no defense for 1 second crap) this year.. enjoy your banner little guy.
Exactly what we all expected from you, a big nothing burger. I never took the bait, wanted to expose you, it worked. Was never any doubt. Curl up now.

just 4 the record, does anyone else here give a crap about me gigging our resident and obviously lonely gamechick fan? If so, maybe I'll feel bad... lol

Eh.

SC 78/ Indiana 61

Indiana plays with heart & desire but simply run out of gas in the 2nd half. They only play around 6 players & their center can't afford to be aggressive on defense or get into foul trouble which leads me to believe that the SC bigs will feast inside for much of the game.

I suppose Indiana will also play some zone to limit SC's outside shooting but they are not a good rebounding team offensively OR defensively so we are back to the SC bigs feasting again.

Reactions: travis929
Given out narrative has been that it is hard to integrate transfers into a coherent unit, what Coach Staley has accomplished this season warrants a lot of praise.

Per KY, I thought it was interesting that one Brooks first comments concerned the importance of getting his program more competitive in the NIL game. Looking at his history, he always has had decent teams but hit lightning in a bottle with Kitley and Amoore and that got him to his one FF. I am not shaking in my boots over his being at KY. Texas coming into the conference is the 500 pound gorilla....

Far be it from me to put words in his mouth but I imagine when he says "NIL" game he's also partially referring to the future athlete employee compensation model that will be implemented in the next 5 years (guesstimate). There is still a lot to work out (are athletes employees of the conference or university, do all athletes get the same dollar amount/is it done by sport, etc. etc.) but the clock is ticking to beat the O'Bannon and House anti-trust cases. After that's done regardless of NIL money, two conferences with annual tv distributions north of $100M+ and everyone else under $40M a year. Which teams/leagues are handing out bigger employment offers to recruits?

Kenny Brooks leaving VT for UK. Dusty May choosing Michigan over semi-blue blood Louisville. ACC basketball is in big trouble.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm going to watch the games (around my strategically planned nap for the men's S16 game late tonight) and I hope for some good games. But I can't bring myself to care much who wins any of them, except the 3 teams I'm praying don't win the whole thing. Still too raw.

VN Store

Back