Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

We can respectfully disagree. I saw nothing this year that indicates even with Tamari Key that was a Final Four capable team. And no offense to Tamari Key but she's no where close to being in the same conversation as Angel Reese.

Hopefully she can prove me wrong.
Even with Key we would not have been in a final four, and Key is not in the same class as Reese, she’s a good piece but not elite. If we can get 2 elite guards we can be I. The final four next year.

Last edited:
"'Next year, if it's those two [Clark & Buckers] in the final,' Auriemma said, 'it won't be six million [viewers], it'll be 10 million.'"

Maybe, but I won't be one of them. I never watch ConU, and Clark, though certainly highly skilled, is not a compelling watch for me.

"'Next year, if it's those two [Clark & Buckers] in the final,' Auriemma said, 'it won't be six million [viewers], it'll be 10 million.'"

Maybe, but I won't be one of them. I never watch ConU, and Clark, though certainly highly skilled, is not a compelling watch for me.

At this point I’ll be shocked if Bueckers plays a college game. Several non-contact injuries. Just not sure she’s built for it.

Time will tell with all things but I think the grandiosity people speak of Bueckers with is unfounded at this point. She’ll have a lot to prove, when/if she returns.

Connecticut will have everyone back next year except for Sénéchal and Juhaz, plus whichever all-world freshmen they have coming in, so it will be a tall task for any other team to beat them. I highly suspect no one will IF, of course, everyone is healthy. Both Bueckers and Brady will be hungry. Edwards is tremendously experienced, big, strong and extremely physical, so she can challenge any opposing post including Reese and Key.

Ugh.

Connecticut will have everyone back next year except for Sénéchal and Juhaz, plus whichever all-world freshmen they have coming in, so it will be a tall task for any other team to beat them. I highly suspect no one will IF, of course, everyone is healthy. Both Bueckers and Brady will be hungry. Edwards is tremendously experienced, big, strong and extremely physical, so she can challenge any opposing post including Reese and Key.

Ugh.
UConn will have some fun in having a very deep roster and trying to figure out minute distributions. Do they start Muhl, Bueckers and Fudd together, or is someone going to the bench? I think that a healthy Bueckers offsets the loss of Lopez Senechal, but Juhaz won't be easily replaced, at least initially. They may go small with Edwards playing center. Not sure that Brady is going to be game ready to start as a redshirt freshman coming off an injury. I do agree that if everyone is healthy, they will be the overwhelming favorites...but of course we saw what that meant for SC this season so you never know what will happen.

At this point I’ll be shocked if Bueckers plays a college game. Several non-contact injuries. Just not sure she’s built for it.

Time will tell with all things but I think the grandiosity people speak of Bueckers with is unfounded at this point. She’ll have a lot to prove, when/if she returns.
One was non-contact. The other was in a pickup game. That's two...not several. She was POY as a freshman. Nothing unfounded about that. A Bueckers at 80% is better than 90% of players at 100%. She's been built the way she is all her life and...here she is. She'll be back because she's too competitive.

I think for the people on here that had a problem with Reese but had no issue with Clark’s antics. If nobody had anything to say all would be equal.

So you think Clark doing the hand gesture for a second, to seemingly no one in particular OR maybe to someone, is equivalent to Reese getting in Clark's face, pointing at her ring finger, doing the save hand wave gesture, and following her around for fifteen seconds? That just doesn't check out. It appears from the outside that Reese was itching to get at Clark all game and taunt her, and she got her wish. She made it personal - for reasons which we can make some pretty good guesses about - and wanted to rub Clark's face in it.

If you think all that should be file under "taunting" and that it's either okay or at least equivalent behavior, then, I mean, that's your opinion, but I would say a lot of people don't agree with that stance.

Last edited:
One was non-contact. The other was in a pickup game. That's two...not several. She was POY as a freshman. Nothing unfounded about that. A Bueckers at 80% is better than 90% of players at 100%. She's been built the way she is all her life and...here she is. She'll be back because she's too competitive.

She also had issues with her upper body and missed time and those are only the ones we know about. Serious durability problem.

[QUOTE="Amb3096, post: 22589680, member: 62086" Not sure that Brady is going to be game ready to start as a redshirt freshman coming off an injury.[/QUOTE]

Don't underestimate the value of an entire year of watching and learning and just plain maturing a bit more. Plus, we don't really know for sure she hadn't at some point started working out with the team, so she will not be green like a true freshman. It is likely she will come back way better and smarter next season than she would have been this season.

Plus, I could be misremembering, but don't many of the Connecticut players do school on their own schedule in one of those "individualized studies" programs? That program gives athletes more flexibilty as to when and how often they get into the gym to put up extra shots on their own time either by themselves or with teammates. Pretty sure our players are still under the dinosaur system of actually having to attend classes at ungodly times like regular students.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
She also had issues with her upper body and missed time and those are only the ones we know about. Serious durability problem.
I’d say she’s due her opportunity to over come her prior injuries. I’m praying Key gets back healthy. Thankfully she’s being treated by a medical staff that’s been there.

Ugh.
Meh. I would take Cardoso over Edwards. But that's just me.

VN Store

Back