Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

UConn leading Syracuse 27-21. Definitely not like the buzzsaw UConn teams of the past. They find a way to win, but they don't dominate outside of the BEast like they used to.

Cardosa is really good, but Edwards from UConn has been matching her. Like SC, UConn is screwed if Edwards/ONO pick up 2 fouls early.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Looking at the bracket, if UConn and Baylor meet and Baylor does not win UConn will probably make it to the title game.

Baylor has some weapons and how about Carrington coming off the bench and scoring consistently.

Reactions: T.J.
No doubt, SC is down to 7 serviceable players due to injuries, there is a freshman phenom on bench that Dawn has been slow to unleash, she will have to rethink that for this tourney, usually 8 is needed, though Geno has won it all with 7 several times.
Dawn is bringing in 3 players in top 10 this next class, and another top 25. She reloading and only loses Grisett.
Very doable for South Carolina. They won the '17 NCAAT going only 7 deep after Coates' injury.

Just did a little research in this century (2000 tournament on) Uconn is:
10-0 in the NC games
10-7 in the Semi finals
17-2 in the Regional finals
19-1 in the Sweet Sixteen.
20 years, 19 Regional finals, 17 FF.

Reactions: CaliKid
UConn makes record 27th consecutive sweet 16....unreal

Yep, on a related note, I read an article today with UConn player and coaching quotes about Westbrook. It was absolutely glowing about her on and off the court. It sounds the complete opposite from board chatter about her at TN. Makes it seem like it is unlikely she was the real problem.

Yep, on a related note, I read an article today with UConn player and coaching quotes about Westbrook. It was absolutely glowing about her on and off the court. It sounds the complete opposite from board chatter about her at TN. Makes it seem like it is unlikely she was the real problem.

or she has matured. Either way good on her.

I don't understand the hate for Evina. It should be clear that Holly was the problem all along.

During her time with Tennessee, I don't recall any significant conduct issues with Evina. It was only when she gave that interview at the end of the season that all of a sudden she became the second coming of Satan.

I don't understand the hate for Evina. It should be clear that Holly was the problem all along.

During her time with Tennessee, I don't recall any significant conduct issues with Evina. It was only when she gave that interview at the end of the season that all of a sudden she became the second coming of Satan.

I agree i do think she matured and the things she went through caused her to mature. That’s what college is supposed to do make you grow and learn.

I don’t know if it was so much Evina as much as her moms post too.

Either way i would have loved for her to stay but she moved on and so did I... I am worried about our LVs and the exit sucked no doubt about it but i have hope

Reactions: Lucy and mlindsay
I have slept and have gotten over the loss. I am moving on to baseball season. However, I can't wait to see what the transfer portal holds for the Lady Vols. I would think that the coaching staff would be fishing that portal well.

I don’t think he’d leave NC State to come here. But he definitely would’ve taken the job when he was still at UTC, which was the case when Pat retired.

We'll never know, but it's irrelevant. Only former players or coaches under Pat need apply...

We'll never know, but it's irrelevant. Only former players or coaches under Pat need apply...
I think the reason Moore stayed at UTC so long was specifically because he wanted to succeed Pat. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he left for NC State the year after UT gave the job to Holly.

I have slept and have gotten over the loss. I am moving on to baseball season. However, I can't wait to see what the transfer portal holds for the Lady Vols. I would think that the coaching staff would be fishing that portal well.
If no one leaves the current roster, only one spot will be available. Can only have 15 on scholarship?

Maryland up 36-14 on Alabama in the 2Q. The Terps have 6 players averaging double figures. I honestly don’t think South Carolina stands a chance in the Elite Eight. SC will get paint points and rebounds, but I can’t see them stopping Maryland from scoring and I don’t think SC can score with them.

Maryland up 36-14 on Alabama in the 2Q. The Terps have 6 players averaging double figures. I honestly don’t think South Carolina stands a chance in the Elite Eight. SC will get paint points and rebounds, but I can’t see them stopping Maryland from scoring and I don’t think SC can score with them.

Boston will be so tired from running up and down the court with Maryland

VN Store

Back