Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hoping to see someone step up defensively on Howard. She’s tough to stop but we got to limit her touches. If we make it really difficult for them to get her the ball we can turn them over.

Patterson worries me, she’s the type of player we have trouble with. Lightening fast and leads the SEC in steals I think. Her hands are quick.

I think it was TAMU that took Rhyne out of her comfort zone by double teaming her everytime she caught the ball and forcing her to give it up. Tennessee can try the same, but the danger is that leaves their shooters open.

I think the best strategy might be to resign yourself to the fact that Rhyne will get her points and guard her single coverage along with her teammates. The worst is trying to stop her from scoring with multiple defenders, but she does anyway plus racks up assists to open teammates hitting 3's.

I'm not sure who wins. I know that UConn tried to draw out Tamari by having Griffin and ONO shoot threes. They couldn't hit them, but McKinney and Edwards will if you don't come out and guard them. They are pretty evenly matched, but UK has a nice looking bench.

Oregon is having offense problems.

Washington State D is solid though. Tough team this season! The Ledger-Walker sisters are fun to watch. Kamie Ethridge and Laurie Kohn doing an excellent job there.

Senior.
Super super senior.
Senior.

The portal is going to be awash in B-list (and below...) grad transfers with this extra year of eligibility and it’s going to be very, very interesting to see how it shakes out. But smart move for these three to hit the pavement while others are still playing and before the pool gets crowded.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Stanford loses again, at home, to UCLA...

Stanford has technically not had any home games. They played in Santa Cruz on a neutral court last night. Due to the COVID restrictions in their county they are not able to play at home. Appears to be wearing on them a bit.

Guess I put the whammy on Stanford talking about how they have one of the most highly rated rosters in the country. The loss to UCLA is not a bad loss UCLA is a very good team. Colorado is the one that is the mystery how did they ever play down to a 6 and 6 team just shows you have to bring it every night and even the highly rated players have a problem with doing that.

Guess I put the whammy on Stanford talking about how they have one of the most highly rated rosters in the country. The loss to UCLA is not a bad loss UCLA is a very good team. Colorado is the one that is the mystery how did they ever play down to a 6 and 6 team just shows you have to bring it every night and even the highly rated players have a problem with doing that.

Obviously, it's the coaching. ;)

maybe she shouldnt have closed that game on Thursday when she obviously injured somethin
Players roll an ankle many times, go out and get taped and then come back in. This game for UConn is a walkover and they don't need her. And they are off until Thursday.

Maybe you wish she didn't close that game on Thursday?

Reactions: brassie
Players roll an ankle many times, go out and get taped and then come back in. This game for UConn is a walkover and they don't need her. And they are off until Thursday.

Maybe you wish she didn't close that game on Thursday?
yeah I obviously wish she didnt....and I questioned why Geno put her back in the game BEFORE she hit that shot

yeah I obviously wish she didnt....and I questioned why Geno put her back in the game BEFORE she hit that shot

Like I said, players do that all the time. I was watching Oregon play and Sabally stepped on a foot and REALLY twisted it. She was helped to the locker room. Looked really bad. 5 minutes later she was smiling and sat on the bench. And a couple of minutes later, she went back into the game.

You question it because you haven't been there. In the last minutes of a game the adrenalin is so high you would go back in with a minor bone break. During the time out she came back and tapped Geno on the shoulder and said she was ready to go back in. He told her to sit. He checked with the trainer and got the ok. Then she went back in. The facts were she felt good enough, the trainer said ok and Geno made the correct call.

You question it because you haven't been there. In the last minutes of a game the adrenalin is so high you would go back in with a minor bone break. During the time out she came back and tapped Geno on the shoulder and said she was ready to go back in. He told her to sit. He checked with the trainer and got the ok. Then she went back in. The facts were she felt good enough, the trainer said ok and Geno made the correct call.

There is a rule for coaching/playing,,,"you can play hurt, but you can't play injured"... sometimes it is impossible to diagnose on the spot and true, the athlete will NOT tell you what they really feel,, You saw Paige when she made that shot,,,her reaction,,pure Adrenalin and pure elation,,,pain was a distant second. If she had been in tremendous pain, she would have called for a sub for those last few seconds after the dagger

Looks like Geno put an injured player back in. Placing winning a game over the safety of a player. Wow!

Looks like Geno put an injured player back in. Placing winning a game over the safety of a player. Wow!
So you read none of the previous discussion? Trainer said it was OK. Player said it was OK. She played OK. He's only resting her now bc they're playing Sisters of the Poor and Needy again tomorrow. I know we're not very rational where Geno is concerned but no way he jepordizes the longterm health of his prize recruit, if only for purely selfish reasons.

So you read none of the previous discussion? Trainer said it was OK. Player said it was OK. She played OK. He's only resting her now bc they're playing Sisters of the Poor and Needy again tomorrow. I know we're not very rational where Geno is concerned but no way he jepordizes the longterm health of his prize recruit, if only for purely selfish reasons.
Oh, I read it.

VN Store

Back