Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I suppose it's also possible someone higher up in the food chain has strongly advised her to lay low BECAUSE she has a reputation for spouting off. Better to be criticized harshly for saying nothing than to put herself into a situation where she slips up and says something that makes things worse for Brittney. Just MO.

it's not about worse for BG. Her saying praying for her or get home safely again won't make things worse.

But i love your optimism ...

Wow. I knew there was bad blood, but to speak out like this...makes you wonder what else was going on in Kim's program.

And to the people saying .. Well they played for her!

1. They were 18 when they made those decisions

2. People gotta realize the pull she had with AAU coaches and how that played a role with student -athletes from Texas

3. Queen, Nylissa (spelling?), and Sarah Andrews all chose to stay at Baylor when kim wanted them to transfer too! That says something

I wonder if this means Williams or Velez will rethink their decisions...

Time will tell but I feel like this happens every 6 months with Mulkey where something ridiculous happens and she goes viral but somehow keeps her players continuously and land good recruits. I don't get it

I wonder if this means Williams or Velez will rethink their decisions...

Time will tell but I feel like this happens every 6 months with Mulkey where something ridiculous happens and she goes viral but somehow keeps her players continuously and land good recruits. I don't get it

Championships are loud 🤷🏼‍♂️

t's not about worse for BG. Her saying praying for her or get home safely again won't make things worse.
Exactly. Of course the State Department and her family have asked folks to be careful and not over-politicize. But for God sakes would it kill Lil Kim to find one F to give? I don't think it would cause an international incident if she just expressed general care and support. I can't imagine if it were an LVFL that Kellie or even Holly couldn't find a few syllables of concern.

I'm sure if questioned Kim would exactly say she's trying not to make things worse. I call BS on that. At least muster routine thoughts and prayers for your former player in a Russian prison!

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I think she said it once during late February or early March but I can’t remember which one but refused to answer anything else about her ever again. If she would have uttered those same few words we wouldn’t be here so it’s her fault

Thank you 😊 that's all i was trying to say!

And what’s crazy is she’ll likely end up with a number 1 recruiting class! 🥴 like what are the kids seeing?!?! 😩
What part of Don't bring politics into sports isn't everyone getting? As a coach who is recruiting at a high level and trying to build a fan base, the last thing you would want to do is make a mistake when talking about a political situation that involves a player not currently on your team. Kim might have been born at night, but not last night and she is not going to get sucked into that conversation.

I find this interesting but still doesn't excuse the behavior today

When did Kim stop making public comments? She's always the first ti get on national news to insult the referees or say something stupid and apologized next day. Oh now u couldn't say a word on national.

Reactions: dapeak
What part of Don't bring politics into sports isn't everyone getting? As a coach who is recruiting at a high level and trying to build a fan base, the last thing you would want to do is make a mistake when talking about a political situation that involves a player not currently on your team. Kim might have been born at night, but not last night and she is not going to get sucked into that conversation.

So every other coach in the world can get up to a mic and offer prayers and her to return safely… how much of a political statement is that unless your political stance is “she ain’t my problem. Had no business with hash in the first place. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and get out in your own” do your damn research on the actual situation and the actual sentences she should’ve been given. She’s a political prisoner and the ugly part of Volnation is rearing it’s head because of politics.

It isn’t politics to say that you’re praying for someone or to show ANY type of empathy for Brittany. She doesn’t have to go into a rant about the situation, the LEAST she can do is show an ounce of compassion! Don’t expect everyone to get that!!!

Now this is a real comment!! That said, why did she choose not to say anything at all yesterday? Is she afraid of making certain boosters angry and not getting those NIL funds? Interesting to say the least.

Reactions: Dak1219 and dapeak
It isn’t politics to say that you’re praying for someone or to show ANY type of empathy for Brittany. She doesn’t have to go into a rant about the situation, the LEAST she can do is show an ounce of compassion! Don’t expect everyone to get that!!!
You know the moment any public figure begins to discuss any topic, the follow up questions come and they are hounded on the topic. She nipped it in the bud and has given the media nothing to follow up with.

So every other coach in the world can get up to a mic and offer prayers and her to return safely… how much of a political statement is that unless your political stance is “she ain’t my problem. Had no business with hash in the first place. Pull yourself up by your boot straps and get out in your own” do your damn research on the actual situation and the actual sentences she should’ve been given. She’s a political prisoner and the ugly part of Volnation is rearing it’s head because of politics.
That's right, a political prisoner and most sports fans you talk to will bitch moan and complain that they do not want politics brought into sports. It's unfortunate, but ultimately the truth. This comment right here sums it up, "Now this is a real comment!! That said, why did she choose not to say anything at all yesterday? Is she afraid of making certain boosters angry and not getting those NIL funds?"

Now this is a real comment!! That said, why did she choose not to say anything at all yesterday? Is she afraid of making certain boosters angry and not getting those NIL funds? Interesting to say the least.

She said it here but that's way different when u cares for someone who played for u..you can't just say I've said it one time so I'm not gona say it again. If someone played for me or not played for me, as long as they ask me question about it I will respond no matter how many time I'm asked.

She said it here but that's way different when u cares for someone who played for u..you can't just say I've said it one time so I'm not gona say it again. If someone played for me or not played for me, as long as they ask me question about it I will respond no matter how many time I'm asked.
The problem with Mulkey is she has horrible media presence and can never reason through things before doing something dumb. I'm sure she is annoyed getting asked the same question over and over but to respond in that matter was a terrible look. Just say you have commented on it, or wish her well but to be so cold with it what is a bigger issue.

The comment she made before in that interview was perfect, you could then move on. But she loves to dig big holes.

I personally think she doesn't want to anger LSU fans/boosters because they are too critical for her recruiting base moving forward. That said her response also was a big stain on the WBB community and it has to be a major talking point every time she enters a recruits home.

Reactions: dapeak and sisaq
The problem with Mulkey is she has horrible media presence and can never reason through things before doing something dumb. I'm sure she is annoyed getting asked the same question over and over but to respond in that matter was a terrible look. Just say you have commented on it, or wish her well but to be so cold with it what is a bigger issue.

The comment she made before in that interview was perfect, you could then move on. But she loves to dig big holes.

Exactly... nothing is wrong just to say " we're praying for her and move on ".. But she acted like her name Is disgusting to her.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Kim Mulkey gone viral on twitter a lot more negatives than positives. My take is if you can't give even minimal support to a former player something really wrong with you morally. She refused to say a line or two hoping for Britney's safe return. Had a little bit of a hateful tone. Not a good luck and it has resulted in a twitter bashing for Kim today.

VN Store

Back