Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

One hit wonder, niche following. Basically plays in a lot of celebrity golf tournaments. I believe he lives here in the Nashville area. Hoping myself or other UT fans run into him soon.
Definitely not a one hit wonder. Multiple Grammys, 27+MM album sales, and an album that is in the top 20 of all time album sales certainly define something MUCH larger than a niche following.

Reactions: shiverz
What is your freaking point? He lives in Nashville because this is the place to be if you want to be involved in country music. Some piece of pseudo hype crap from USC Jr does not change that. Rucker and Timberlake say hello from Troubadour.
I would, however, be glad if he took his sorry has been ass back to SC. Maybe he can get an MLB team for Columbia or Charleston😂😂😂😂

Home is not always where we live.

Law was the head coach at Illinois for 5 seasons before she came to Tenn. She went 69–93, was in the cellar of the Big Ten every year, and went to the WNIT twice but didn't made it out of the early rounds, before she was fired.
Hope she gets another chance if she is interested.

Me, too. Dang, if a player like Pointer is waived, that really goes to show you just how tough it is to make a WNBA roster these days. Just ... brutal.
Today was a bloodshed on the waiver list. Other rookie players waived:

• Mya Hollingshed (#8 pick)
  • Elisa Cunane (#17)
  • Raina Perez
  • Moon Ursin
  • Chloe Bibby
  • Aleksa Gulbe
  • Nancy Mulkey
And they're just getting started...

Today was a bloodshed on the waiver list. Other rookie players waived:

• Mya Hollingshed (#8 pick)
  • Elisa Cunane (#17)
  • Raina Perez
  • Moon Ursin
  • Chloe Bibby
  • Aleksa Gulbe
  • Nancy Mulkey
And they're just getting started...

Cunane and Hollingshed can both play. Pretty surprised to see them waived so soon.

I did think Hollingshed was drafted way to high.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Cunane and Hollingshed can both play. Pretty surprised to see them waived so soon.

I did think Hollingshed was drafted way to high.
I thought Hollingshed was too high and Cunane too low. But yeah...I was shocked to see them not even make it to at least the final cuts. I fail to see the logic in keeping an over the hill player like Lavender instead of someone like Cunane, but I guess she just didn't leave a lasting impression if they thought Jantel was the better option. So many teams still are way over the roster limit, so there will be more surprising cuts to follow. We'll probably see quite a few players from the first round follow them out. Hopefully some of them get a chance with another team, but I can see it just turning into a vicious cycle of ongoing waivers.

I thought Hollingshed was too high and Cunane too low. But yeah...I was shocked to see them not even make it to at least the final cuts. I fail to see the logic in keeping an over the hill player like Lavender instead of someone like Cunane, but I guess she just didn't leave a lasting impression if they thought Jantel was the better option. So many teams still are way over the roster limit, so there will be more surprising cuts to follow. We'll probably see quite a few players from the first round follow them out. Hopefully some of them get a chance with another team, but I can see it just turning into a vicious cycle of ongoing waivers.

Ya know, WNBA GMs have always seemed to me to be more loyal (and emotional, sometimes to the detriment of their franchises) to longtime players who are on the downside of their careers than maybe makes good business sense. Some of it may simply be the extremely short training camps and then such short seasons that they figure it's easier to keep the oldsters that already know their systems. Or maybe they just don't want to be the ones to put the women out to pasture. I don't know. It just seems like maybe it's a lot easier to send the full-of-promise/bright future kids who they've only known two or three weeks packing than a waning veteran.

I have mixed feelings about it, for sure.

Ya know, WNBA GMs have always seemed to me to be more loyal (and emotional, sometimes to the detriment of their franchises) to longtime players who are on the downside of their careers than maybe makes good business sense. Some of it may simply be the extremely short training camps and then such short seasons that they figure it's easier to keep the oldsters that already know their systems. Or maybe they just don't want to be the ones to put the women out to pasture. I don't know. It just seems like maybe it's a lot easier to send the full-of-promise/bright future kids who they've only known two or three weeks packing than a waning veteran.

I have mixed feelings about it, for sure.
In this case, Lavender was a new addition to the team, so it's not like she was someone like Catchings or Bird who played for one team her entire career. If they have a hard time being the one to break the bad news to a player, they probably shouldn't be a GM. But I do wonder just how badly some of these rookies are performing in training camp if they let someone like a Lavender take a roster spot from them.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back