Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I’m not paying her as much as they are. She has proven unable to truly LEAD the Dream. She’s an overpaid complimentary player.
Tiffany is making $215k this year, but Cheyenne Parker is getting $191k and Erica Wheeler $185k. Honestly, Hayes' salary isn't the problem here. They aren't getting some young, future waive-list fodder that's going to make them better with the money they're paying her. There is enough dead weight on Atlanta that they should be looking to get a player better than Hayes to be the star and have Tiffany ride shotgun.

This is one of those celestial moments that I agree with sisaq. She will surely get invited to training camp next season, but it will be a challenge for her to make a final roster with the talent coming in.

I didn't disagree with that... He has been harping on her more so than usual. U know exactly what i mea lol

I didn't disagree with that... He has been harping on her more so than usual. U know exactly what i mea lol
I don't even bother to look for logic or reason from him anymore. I'm still reeling from the shock of actually agreeing with him for a change.

Macee Williams from IUPUI left Phoenix training camp lol they should call Snoop in she won’t walk out of training camp 😖
I hope that she had some good (i.e. physical limiations) reason for doing that, because that is just the height of entitlement and unprofessionalism. That should be the end of any WNBA dreams for Macee.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Tiffany is making $215k this year, but Cheyenne Parker is getting $191k and Erica Wheeler $185k. Honestly, Hayes' salary isn't the problem here. They aren't getting some young, future waive-list fodder that's going to make them better with the money they're paying her. There is enough dead weight on Atlanta that they should be looking to get a player better than Hayes to be the star and have Tiffany ride shotgun.

215k is much more than she should be getting paid for her talents… no team above .500 would be offering her that. Gotta be smart with salary caps

Giving it to Seattle. Here's another question, how long does Fisher last in LA?

I think this is his last season unless they have a good one.

I’m also going with Seattle today even though I’d prefer to see LA win. Hope to see Rae out there. She has not been cut as far as anyone has heard, correct?

Reactions: LVsinceJV
At the very minimum two. There are enough great players to field 4-6 more teams (48-72 players), IMO. Either add more teams or increase roster size from 12 to 16, which would allow everyone to draft a player or two to bring along slowly.

If there were opportunities for more players we’d probably see even more 26-28-year-old players coming into the league for the first time, too, as so many women really only reach their full potential several years after college.

The way it is now, I’m sure a lot of that type player are drafted or waived early, the motivation to keep working hard leaves for a lot of them because they all know the terrible odds of even being given another chance. There simply aren’t enough spots!

It's difficult to add teams or expand the rosters when most teams have <3000 fans in attendance per game and half the teams are in the red every season. The league benefited in the past couple of years from having a couple of new, very wealthy owners who don't mind losing money, and media outlets that were desperate to televise almost anything during the pandemic, but that's not a sustainable business model. Adding a couple of players to "bring along slowly" to the end of every bench isn't going to fill any more seats.

It's difficult to add teams or expand the rosters when most teams have <3000 fans in attendance per game and half the teams are in the red every season. The league benefited in the past couple of years from having a couple of new, very wealthy owners who don't mind losing money, and media outlets that were desperate to televise almost anything during the pandemic, but that's not a sustainable business model. Adding a couple of players to "bring along slowly" to the end of every bench isn't going to fill any more seats.

And where are you getting that info? Some of the venues still weren’t full capacity part of last year. Seattle Storm and Minnesota just announced ALL of their games would be televised. Seattle has sold over 3000 seasons tickets. The new owners are INVESTING in their teams and maybe don’t look at it as charity. Sounds like you are just spitting out the same information anybody who posts anything about womens sports on Twitter gets in their comments.

And where are you getting that info? Some of the venues still weren’t full capacity part of last year. Seattle Storm and Minnesota just announced ALL of their games would be televised. Seattle has sold over 3000 seasons tickets. The new owners are INVESTING in their teams and maybe don’t look at it as charity. Sounds like you are just spitting out the same information anybody who posts anything about womens sports on Twitter gets in their comments.

Seriously? I've been following the WNBA since before it's official inception (which was 16 years ago yesterday). Attendance stats, information about salary caps, pay structure, and related information are widely available...although not on Twitter. Here's a lengthy interview with Cathy Englebert that summarizes this very topic, where she clearly said the league needed to raise capital to improve its marketing, digital products, and fan base before jumping into expansion, which anyone who follows the league already knew anyway.
W.N.B.A. Raises $75 Million With Hopes of Business Model Revamp

Have a nice day.

VN Store

Back