Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

31 min, 12 points, 3 3's, 6 rebounds, ONE turnover. Comical that you focus on the last stat.

Well, I did laugh out loud when that happened...especially when your hysterical coach grabbed her, yelling, "Why? Why???" Thought he was about to strangle her even as she looked dumbfounded at her own rookie error.

I really enjoyed that part of the game.

But, overall, Westbrick had a good game. Now let's watch South Carolina take care of their "unfinished business."

Last edited:
Well, I did laugh out loud when that happened...especially when your hysterical coach grabbed her, yelling, "Why? Why???" Thought he was about to strangle her even as she looked dumbfounded at her own rookie error.

I really enjoyed that part of the game.

But, overall, Westbrick had a good game. Now let's watch South Carolina take care of their "unfinished business."
Yes, that was quite dramatic, and funny.

Somebody is going to be crying come about 9 pm Monday night. It will either be Boston or Westbrooks. South Carolina looks like they could dominate inside if they so choose to play that way. They have a big advantage inside. UConn has some advantage on the perimeter. Look forward to the game it was who we thought would be playing anyway before the season started. None of the players on either team have ever won a National title one team will get one Monday.

Can either team beat south carolina?
It’s doubtful. They both had an opportunity earlier in the season. UConn gets one more chance, but it looks to me that PB is at around 70% and favoring that knee, which is a really big factor Nobody is talking about. Especially with how aggressive and fast the SC defense plays.

Last edited:
Somebody is going to be crying come about 9 pm Monday night. It will either be Boston or Westbrooks. South Carolina looks like they could dominate inside if they so choose to play that way. They have a big advantage inside. UConn has some advantage on the perimeter. Look forward to the game it was who we thought would be playing anyway before the season started. None of the players on either team have ever won a National title one team will get one Monday.
Edwards and Ono are tough down low, they dominated the boards vs Stanford…

Edwards and Ono are tough down low, they dominated the boards vs Stanford…
They won the boards by nine but is wasn't a factor in winning the game because Stanford won the turnover battle by 8 and the shots on goal by 9. UConn had 7 more free throws so that makes the shots on goal still a plus five for Stanford. The loss was because it was probably the worst shooting performance of the season for Stanford. They were getting good looks still the Hull sisters were something like 3 for 16. If UConn can win the boards and stay even on the turnovers then yes they might beat SC. SC will deserve to lose if they let UConn win the boards with skinny Ono and Edwards. Boston and Cardosa should dominate those two. I think the game might come down to how well Henderson and Cooke do as a duo shooting the ball. Whenever SC has a close call or a loss those two usually shoot something like 5 for 20 from the field. My take on the game is that Boston needs to totally dominate Ono and I think she will. I have seen much lesser players dominate her over this season. The weak effort that Brink and others gave last night is hard to understand. Stanford never looked locked in and their shooting never worse than what they did last night.

Twice in the last three games PB has had to leave the game with what appeared to be a blow or impact to her damaged knee…..she recovered both times to re enter the game obviously but I’m not so sure how stable that knee is currently. I’m surprised it isn’t a talking point so far, because it may be that she is seriously endangering further injury to that knee. It always seemed that she came back early from her injury, I don’t know. But she was in obvious pain twice now from that same knee. And she is favoring it.

Twice in the last three games PB has had to leave the game with what appeared to be a blow or impact to her damaged knee…..she recovered both times to re enter the game obviously but I’m not so sure how stable that knee is currently. I’m surprised it isn’t a talking point so far, because it may be that she is seriously endangering further injury to that knee. It always seemed that she came back early from her injury, I don’t know. But she was in obvious pain twice now from that same knee. And she is favoring it.

SC needs to make her work hard on defense. Run her off screens and picks to wear her down. So she won't have any legs in the 4th.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They're taking things a bit seriously if they're still crying on Monday night. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: mcannon1 and AndyCT
Here's stat I like; Muhl 18 minutes 8 rebounds
Brink 27 minutes 7 rebounds

Sometimes the bigs get some help from an unlikely source
Last time Uconn and SC played I believe SC out rebounded the Huskies by 22 or something like that, in addition to out scoring them by 16. That would be the game where Uconn scored 3 total points in the 4th qtr. Not sure how Geno flips the rebounding script…and tbh, if SC hauls in 40%+ of their misses as they have done all season then it will be difficult to overcome that. Ono will almost certainly be managing her fouls in this game trying to keep pace on the defensive boards. She just isn’t built like the SC bigs.

Last edited:
This is the worst championship game ever I hope both teams lose because I can’t decide who the lesser of the two evils is

Evil? This isn't a morality play. It's a sporting event, a game! It is played by young women, not gladiators in service of tsars or warlords. Let's lighten up and enjoy the spectacle.

Whoever wins, who ever loses, has no effect on LV basketball. Whatever recruiting advantage either or both teams may have is already in place.

Evil? This isn't a morality play. It's a sporting event, a game! It is played by young women, not gladiators in service of tsars or warlords. Let's lighten up and enjoy the spectacle.

Whoever wins, who ever loses, has no effect on LV basketball. Whatever recruiting advantage either or both teams may have is already in place.
🙄

We good on Rocky Top🍊👍🏽!
Tennessee just won its last two recruiting battles beating out teams such as Louisville, Baylor, Texas, LSU, etc.

Auriemma attacked Tennessee in a post-game press conference after playing Vanderbilt a few years back, asserting the Lady Vol basketball program should be shut down, and continued by dragging UT, Fulmer, and the Lady Vols through the mud. He insinuated all sorts of horrible things about Tennessee, claimed to know all sorts of things about our program, in an effort to get special treatment from the NCAA but also to impugn Tennessee because why not? Is that evil in the context of the wider world, ehhh, but in the context of this sport? One hundred freaking percent. Evil. Evil. Evil.

South Carolina is the bloody paragon of integrity and virtue by comparison. A South Carolina win in the title game is a win for freedom, liberty, and democracy - and soft tacos over hard tacos. And also more reasonable used car prices. I pray for that salvation. And not just because I love soft tacos.

The National Championship game sounds interesting. But it probably want be. Both participants are very successfull. Each fan base should be excited. I follow another program and must wait another year.

Both participants have benefited from Tennessee's basketball story. Connecticut rose to prominence (to some extent) by winning big games against Tennessee, when Coach Summitt was in her prime. South Carolina found traction and jumped into the void created by Tennessee's stumbles. Both programs have earned their success.

If I watch the game, I will wonder what might have been if a healthy Coach Summitt was still with us. If you are honest with your self... you know the answer.

Transitions are always difficult. Two steps forward one step back. Coach Harper has three National Championship rings as a player. 18-1 this year before injuries took their toll. Nothing is promised. The only thing that is certain is there will be uncertainty. But I like our chances. The future is bright.

Last time Uconn and SC played I believe SC out rebounded the Huskies by 22 or something like that, in addition to out scoring them by 16. That would be the game where Uconn scored 3 total points in the 4th qtr. Not sure how Geno flips the rebounding script…and tbh, if SC hauls in 40%+ of their misses as they have done all season then it will be difficult to overcome that. Ono will almost certainly be managing her fouls in this game trying to keep pace on the defensive boards. She just isn’t built like the SC bigs.
Muhl only played 3 minutes, Fudd/10, both were playing on injured foot, and Ducharme didn't play at all. Much different team now.

I want both to lose and I don't care that it can't happen. People want what they can't have all the time. Furthermore, I want them to blow each other out for good measure and just be done with it. 🍊🍊

However, I would not be surprised, based on history, to see USC choke in the big game and Luigi take home yet another championship. It would just be so much simpler if both lose.

I want both to lose and I don't care that it can't happen. People want what they can't have all the time. Furthermore, I want them to blow each other out for good measure and just be done with it. 🍊🍊

However, I would not be surprised, based on history, to see USC choke in the big game and Luigi take home yet another championship. It would just be so much simpler if both lose.
Classy as always.

Reactions: CoryDallasLV

VN Store

Back