Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The thing with the Adia flipping the bird and Coach graves yelling obscenities at her and the fact her husband was just on the bench lettting him say all that to his wife? Didn’t even say anything after the game lol😂

Last edited:
Th thing with the Adia flipping the bird and Coach graves yelling obscenities at her and the fact her husband was just on the bench lettting him say all that to his wife? Didn’t even say anything after the game lol😂
I get it. I was married to a Cajun for 35 years, girl had a lotta spice with her, dontcha know…

So…UConn has two top-25 wins and are ranked #10????
Tennessee has only 3 wins against teams CURRENTLY ranked in the top 25. And after Kentucky falls out after two losses this week from the No. 19 spot and South Florida fall out after their loss to UCF, it will only be 1.

UConn will only have one after this week as well.

Reactions: mcannon1
Tennessee has only 3 wins against teams CURRENTLY ranked in the top 25. And after Kentucky falls out after two losses this week from the No. 19 spot and South Florida fall out after their loss to UCF, it will only be 1.
who cares about that they were ranked when we played them then it’s still a ranked win not our problem the AP voters are bad at ranking teams

Not necessarily. Both VCU and Kansas had good performances this week, so they could pop in this week. There would be several teams potentially in the TOP 25 if we hadn't whipped them (Kansas, VCU, aggies, UK though they may still be in it,ame USF, UCF, and Ole MIss (if they had beaten LVs they would be on a 17 or 18 game winning streak). All of those are in or borderline ranked teams that would be higher had they not lost to us.

We have four. And they count regardless.

Not necessarily. Both VCU and Kansas had good performances this week, so they could pop in this week. There would be several teams potentially in the TOP 25 if we hadn't whipped them (Kansas, VCU, aggies, UK though they may still be in it,ame USF, UCF, and Ole MIss (if they had beaten LVs they would be on a 17 or 18 game winning streak). All of those are in or borderline ranked teams that would be higher had they not lost to us.
Yes. And teams we’ve beaten could be ranked in the future.

I don't know if KY is punished by dropping out of the top 25 losing to both TN and SC on their home courts. They also had three games PPD so a 11-5 record looks a lot better than 8-5 also 4-2 looks better than 1-2 in the SEC considering the teams they would have played.

TN has 10 victories that the NCAA considers top 50 victories as of today. With two victories in the top 15 and 1 in the top 10. I know you were chiming in with the facts for uconn (i don't follow them as closely as you might) but i don't exactly know if they have close to that amount of top 50 wins. I remember seeing top 50 wins when watching the selection show and how it can decide seeding purposes when it gets down to it so i'm guessing that might be something that the committee looks at.

I'm glad these teams are ranked when we play them to help boost TN seeding😃 they'll most likely still be tourney teams which benefits TN. Teams like Kansas who nobody was even including now also look like a pretty good win

Overall LV fans are elated at the way our team is playing and the fact they are setting themselves up early for a great tourney seed! 😃

I swear Banghart paid for their NET ranking or something. I still can’t figure it out. They are 14-2. They have played 2 ranked teams and have lost both games. One by a very large margin.

Yesterday 1/16/2022 we start the day in the NET with UNC at #4 and UT at #7.

UNC loses by 5 on the road to a so-so ND team. UNC is a supposed offensive juggernaut but could only manage 65 against a middling defense with minimal size.

Conversely the Lady Vols have a 26 point victory over a top 20 opponent and put 84 points on the board.

Today in the Net those outcomes improve our standing from #7 to #6 leap frogging Iowa State while UNC has no change at #4.

HOW!?

Couple more losses and they had better start to slide dramatically or something is really weird there.

Last edited:
I swear Banghart paid for their NET ranking or something. I still can’t figure it out. They are 14-2. They have played 2 ranked teams and have lost both games. One by a very large margin.

Yesterday 1/16/2022 we start the day in the NET with UNC at #4 and UT at #7.

UNC loses by 5 on the road to a so-so ND team. UNC is a supposed offensive juggernaut but could only manage 65 against a middling defense with minimal size.

Conversely the Lady Vols have a 26 point victory over a top 20 opponent and put 84 points on the board.

Today in the Net those outcomes improve our standing from #7 to #6 leap frogging Iowa State while UNC has no change at #4.

HOW!?

Couple more losses and they had better start to slide dramatically or something is really weird there.
To add they are 2 and 2 in quantran one wins and we are 8 and 1 hard to understand their ranking,

0E9D69B3-84D8-41D6-AEFB-72FCDA361955.png

Interesting photo. Rae and her HS Teammate Dre Edwards getting to catchup after their game. HS coach was in the building as well. Cute that he was reppin colors for both his former players! UT shirt for Rae and UK jacket for Edwards.

What I found interesting is the comparison of Burrell and Edwards side by side. Rae is listed at 6’1” and Edwards is listed at 6’2”. I’ve had doubts Edwards was that big but this confirms it. Burrell is in slides so that maybe adds 1/2” and Edwards is in sock feet. Based on this photo I’d say Edwards is more in the range of 5’11” to 6’. Keyen is listed at 6’1” and I thought she had Edwards by a couple inches in the game.

Explains why Edwards has so much trouble when they hit SEC play. The size just isn’t there.

I don't know if KY is punished by dropping out of the top 25 losing to both TN and SC on their home courts. They also had three games PPD so a 11-5 record looks a lot better than 8-5 also 4-2 looks better than 1-2 in the SEC considering the teams they would have played.
It isn’t that they lost but that they lost by 20 and 26 points in two wipeouts.

they certainly could linger at 24 or 25. Voters are hard to predict.

TN has 10 victories that the NCAA considers top 50 victories as of today. With two victories in the top 15 and 1 in the top 10. I know you were chiming in with the facts for uconn (i don't follow them as closely as you might) but i don't exactly know if they have close to that amount of top 50 wins. I remember seeing top 50 wins when watching the selection show and how it can decide seeding purposes when it gets down to it so i'm guessing that might be something that the committee looks at.

I'm glad these teams are ranked when we play them to help boost TN seeding😃 they'll most likely still be tourney teams which benefits TN. Teams like Kansas who nobody was even including now also look like a pretty good win

Overall LV fans are elated at the way our team is playing and the fact they are setting themselves up early for a great tourney seed! 😃

I think they’ll drop to 22 or so but remain in the top 25. Both were sizable losses but both were to top 5 teams.

Have seen other programs move up in the rankings after losing to good teams 🙄

Watching the UNC vs UND game this morning since I missed it yesterday.

UNC lost this game toward the end of the third and it is 100% Banghart’s fault. UNC had the momentum down 2 48-50 with about 1:00 remaining in the third.

One of the UNC guards knocked the ball loose but Westbeld very obviously got to it first. The UNC player shoved her to the ground and a foul was called. Banghart spent 2 minutes arguing with the officials and looking incredulous over what was, I thought, a very obvious call. Both in live action and after the replay. Instead of refocusing her team she continued to argue with Dee Kantner about the call.

Meanwhile UND pushed their lead back to 6 with two Westbeld FTs and a quick score. The rest was history.

I think they’ll drop to 22 or so but remain in the top 25. Both were sizable losses but both were to top 5 teams.

Something to kill time.

Where does everyone think Kentucky will fall to after losing by 20 to South Carolina and 26 to Tennessee?

Ranked No. 19 in the previous poll.

After seeing that a couple of teams below them also lost, I'm guessing No. 24.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

i've also seen other programs stay put/move up after long hiatuses like it counted just as much as a win🙄

i've also seen other programs stay put/move up after long hiatuses like it counted just as much as a win🙄
i-see-what-you-did-there

VN Store

Back