Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

12-8 UConn halfway through the first half, with Evina about ready to finish a four point play and 9 points. UConn went on a 9-0 run after SC started the game with two quick 3s. UConn's defense look pretty good so far, but I think that it's just a matter before SC gets rolling.

I hope SC gets it rolling. UConn looking like the better team by a wide margin.

As many turnovers as SC had, UConn isn't far behind.

Interesting giant lineup that SC is using: 6'4 Amihere, 6'5 Boston and 6'7 Cardoso. They just had a sequence where the three of them were tapping a rebound around above Juhasz's head.

20-14 UConn after the first quarter. ONO is playing really well defensively so far with 3 blocks.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
SC may have absorbed UConn's best hit, and are only down 36-33 after being down by 13. UConn making their living in transition points, but SC starting to limit that.

I personally have no idea what's going to happen in the 2nd half. But this has been a good game so far.

Carolina always waits until the second half to begin playing. It will be interesting to see if that trend continues today. It may not follow the trend since it's UCONN on the other side.

Buekers is so good, she can get her shot whenever she wants, or make a pass to an open player. She plays both hands equally, how do you guard that? Impossible, she is literally a wizard.
I don’t know what S.C. can do to slow her

I believe South Carolina will win as well. I’m calling it 77-64 SC. I’ve watched all 3 of UCONNs games. SC is going to crush them on the boards and will score at will at the rim.

They were out rebounded by USF yesterday and Mununga had 15 points as well. She only managed 6 playing against us.

I was close on the point spread! Eventually SCs interior was just too much. Got them by 16 and I predicted 13. UCONN has a rebounding problem they need to fix ASAP or it’s going to plague them all season.

Last edited:
About what was expected SC's powerful inside game vs. UConn's perimeter game. Both teams turning it over a lot 11 to 9 in a half.

Geno won’t be pleased with this performance. Too many turnovers, nobody wanted to get a rebound and they only mustered 3 points in the final period. That’s not a good look.

Based on teams I’ve seen play this season I’d put them no higher than 8th in the poll. They aren’t the #2 team in the country.

Y’all can hold me to it, but this will be the first UCONN team to go out in the Sweet 16 in a long time. Mark my words, don’t see it happening for them this season. They have the best player but their team dynamic, interior play and rebounding are not working.

Both looked beatable to me. Many teams are still defining themselves but if these two teams are the top 2, it will be a wild season.
Who beats S.C.? They already have disposed of NCSU and UConn, maybe Md or “Stamford” but I don’t think so right now.

VN Store

Back