Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Each team will stand on their regular season performance and not on how well they played in exhibition games. How you do against such an overmatched opponent is virtually meaningless.
With that being said, Georgia College's women's basketball team is not on the same level as the Fort Hayes team.
Massey has Ft Hayes as #293.
Georgia College as #726.
To deny the obvious is cognitive bias.

FT Hayes record over the last 2 years - 45-11. Georgia College (who????) over the same period - 6-37. Stones and glass houses?

200.gif

We got a report that "exhibition mania" is out of control in here.

Each team will stand on their regular season performance and not on how well they played in exhibition games. How you do against such an overmatched opponent is virtually meaningless.
With that being said, Georgia College's women's basketball team is not on the same level as the Fort Hayes team.
Georgia College as #726.
Just out of curiosity, where does Massey have Georgia College ranked?

So Tennessee's freshmen class is better than South Carolina's, Cardosa will be better than Boston, and UConn is in big trouble this season.

Y'all are cracking me up with these meaningless exhibition game hot-takes...
@Darth_Vol the thing I liked the most out of the UConn xobishun was that Piath Gabriel had 6 points and 2 rebounds. So she had a good season.

Reactions: PRG
FT Hayes record over the last 2 years - 45-11. Georgia College (who????) over the same period - 6-37. Stones and glass houses?
Oh well who cares you need to understand if we beat someone to us they are one of the best teams in the country and if you beat someone they are not any good! Just reality deal with it 😂

Outplayed Boston? For one Boston didn’t play as much and when she and Cardoso played together (which was most of the time she was in) Boston played the 4. Boston was terrific. The starters only played part of the first quarter. After that it was different combos of players mixed with part starters. Since we play NC State on Tuesday I’m sure she’s trying to find out who can play at a high level immediately. It’s not like we have 3 or 4 games to work those things out. On the other hand it will be great if Cardoso DOES outplay Aliyah. The two of them played very well together.

I guess I attended the wrong game.

I doubt Fort Hays is ten points better. Georgia college only lost to UT Chattanooga by 28- 70 to 42 and have 9 new players from last years team. No way to prove anything by past records or anything like that, but I am really good with the eye test and what I saw is about two decent players on both teams then it went downhill. What I also saw from UConn is a weak inside game. I think SC will dominate them inside when they play so better hope the perimeter players are on those days no way UConn can handle the load that is Boston and Cardoza.

Last edited:
Georgia College as #726.
Last years rankings and 9 new players on Georgia College team. We need to see some games this season to get an actual new ranking. When you have an influx of nine new players things can change dramatically.

No doubt, and it needs to stop. I believe significant changes will be made to transfer rules/recruiting in the next year or two. It’s a new landscape and we are just starting to hear some of the negatives. The NCAA is already mulling limiting how many scholarships can be used on transfers. They are afraid it will stunt attrition of high schoolers to a lot of teams and basically create a semi-pro league within women’s college basketball. You’ll have teams of freshman playing against teams of transfers.

The recruiting is going to become an issue and a huge distraction for teams. Coaches should not be contacting players until the recruiting period and only after the player has put their name in the portal. I heard several players call out coaches for this in the off-season. Either for contacting them when they weren’t even planning to transfer, or harassing players even after they made it clear they’d already made a decision on their transfer.

Last edited:
So you are saying Fort Hays is a really great team. Since I watched the game I beg to differ they did not have one D1 player on the team. Just like the team we played quite void of any talent or ability other than one or two players that could make an occasional three.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It's an exhibition. Was your team aggressive after the long layoff? Good. Did coach play a lot of players and different combinations? Good. Did anyone get hurt? No. Good. Did your team execute the offense? Good.

That's how you win an exhibition. Georgia College and Ft. Hays State won their exhibitions and are ready to compete for their league championship. Great job everybody.

First of all, an exhibition game is just that. The first game has players moving in and out, with the coach trying different combinations to find line ups that work in different situations. The score means nothing, but the experience for the players and coaches is invaluable. As far as Fort Hayes State, the WBCA preseason coaches poll ranks this team as #4 in the country in Div II.

2nd of all i said what i said ...

I doubt Fort Hays is ten points better. Georgia college only lost to UT Chattanooga by 28- 70 to 42 and have 9 new players from last years team. No way to prove anything by past records or anything like that, but I am really good with the eye test and what I saw is about two decent players on both teams then it went downhill. What I also saw from UConn is a weak inside game. I think SC will dominate them inside when they play so better hope the perimeter players are on those days no way UConn can handle the load that is Boston and Cardoza.
Massey is pretty good with their predictions.

They had Chattanooga beating Georgia College 70-45.

They have Chattanooga beating Fort Hayes 66-63.

They have Fort Hayes beating Georgia College 70-52.

Not all, as some else here called them “short white girls” are created equal.

Massey is pretty good with their predictions.

They had Chattanooga beating Georgia College 70-45.

They have Chattanooga beating Fort Hayes 66-63.

They have Fort Hayes beating Georgia College 70-52.

Not all, as some else here called them “short white girls” are created equal.
I would be willing to bet money that UT Chattanooga could beat that team that played your team by more than three points. I seriously doubt it would be more than a ten point game with Ga and Hayes after seeing both teams in action. You are free to think what you wish just quit asking me to do the same after seeing both games. UConn played their starters 103 minutes our starters played 79 minutes. Finally Ashyia Willis was as excellent a player as any player Fort had on their team. The girls I saw that were white looked to be about equal in talent plus some of the girls on Georgia college were not white.

Reactions: Rooster1
6’3” Edwards 17 points, 5 rebounds
6’5” Nelson-Ododa 8 points, 5 rebounds
6’5” Juhász 15 points, 8 rebounds

19-31 from the field.
Not too great against less than six footers let's see what they do against SC. Edwards was the only one I saw that might give teams like SC and Stanford any trouble inside. They better have a perimeter game or they will lose to SC twice.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back