Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

A lot of UConn fans are scratching their heads. I don't know of any that expected her to sign with UConn, especially because of their stuffed roster. Everything I read on the UConn boards had her headed to Stanford.

i saw where Geno had turned up the heat because he really wanted Kiki Rice ... she is talented and would have carved out a spot on an even loaded uconn roster

Where did you see that? And how exactly did he “turn up the heat”?

The insider had the beat on where Janiah and Talaysia were committing before everyone else knew, the same one who nailed Gary Blair before everyone else knew and a lot of other info.

I also saw where Uconn made visits to see Sidwellfriends a couple times (yes they have multiple highly recruited/ranked athletes) and i know some people in connection with that team. Any time you here "yea they want Kiki" then i'll believe them and yes they would know. It's a big compliment when Geno has a loaded roster like that and still thinks you can contribute...

yup so that's where i saw and heard it. sort of made sense when the two matched up...

Last edited:
I am a part of a recruiting insider, the same one that said where Janiah and Talaysia were committing before everyone else knew, the same one who nailed Gary Blair before everyone else knew and a lot of other info.

I also saw where Uconn made visits to see Sidwellfriends a couple times (yes they have multiple highly recruited/ranked athletes) and i know some people in connection with that team. Any time you here "yea they want Kiki" then i'll believe them and yes they would know. It's a big compliment when Geno has a loaded roster like that and still thinks you can contribute...

yup so that's where i saw and heard it. sort of made sense when the two matched up...
Got them right on together, cause they tried it!!! 🤝

Got them right on together, cause they tried it!!! 🤝

😁 Right, i didn't want it to come across as snarky but i also just didn't pull that out of thin air 😂

There are a lot of things i see or even hear and don't bring to the board because it is just that but this i heard from a reliable source

Last edited:
i saw where Geno had turned up the heat because he really wanted Kiki Rice ... she is talented and would have carved out a spot on an even loaded uconn roster
UConn recruited her hard and I even saw some posts of a few UConn fans thinking she was coming there on here and elsewhere saying they were not through with recruiting. I think she liked UConn evidently liked UCLA better it happens each player is an individual that has their own reason for what they do. Unlike what UConn fans think they lose recruits they go all out on to other schools just like everybody else. They don't like you to say that, but it happens each and every year.

I am a part of a recruiting insider, the same one that said where Janiah and Talaysia were committing before everyone else knew, the same one who nailed Gary Blair before everyone else knew and a lot of other info.

I

That recruiting insider is a bit of a mixed bag. First Stanford and Duke for Rice, then Duke was in the lead, reported UConn was still in the running and then radio silence. UCLA never once mentioned for Rice. All over the place on Barker (SC the leader a month ago) so not a whole lot of credit on that one either.

Definitely has sources but expensive for a few tidbits.

Reactions: mcannon1 and olddog
That recruiting insider is a bit of a mixed bag. First Stanford and Duke for Rice, then Duke was in the lead, reported UConn was still in the running and then radio silence. UCLA never once mentioned for Rice. All over the place on Barker (SC the leader a month ago) so not a whole lot of credit on that one either.

Definitely has sources but expensive for a few tidbits.

Oof, i get personalized emails sent to me and i got when both Barker and Cooper shifted courses. So i knew that. I knew about Saniah tyler and the whole story behind Amiya as well. That insider is more on than not. I also got a deal cut for me LOL so for what i pay it's gives me a lot of info.

And as far as what I heard about Rice it wasn't just from the outsider 😄 but both said the same thing so it sort of matched up.

I am going to reduce what i say on here seems like we have some spies and wandering eyes who come here but just for all the true TN fans know we have some very exciting things going on🍊

Last edited:
"Some" of you might like to know more about our freshman. This is a fine group of young women who have their heads screwed on the right way.

Fabulous Freshmen - University of South Carolina Athletics
200.gif

"Some" of you might like to know more about our freshman. This is a fine group of young women who have their heads screwed on the right way.

Fabulous Freshmen - University of South Carolina Athletics
I don’t think we’d like to know about them, but I’m definitely excited to see them play!

Rivers and Johnson were monsters in high school, with the addition of Cardosa, who I think is the most important piece to you all winning a championship this year, and the rest of that freshmen class, it’s going to be exciting basketball being played in South Carolina this year. The roster was already final four ready, but those pieces, IMO will put you all over the top this year.

VN Store

Back