Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It wasn't really about your comment, Lady O. It was a weak attempt to humorously reference an allegation that I had recently made an anti-Italian "ethnic slur."

Meanwhile, what was Taurasi thinking? First she shoves the ref in the back; then when the ref turns around, Taurasi moves her backward with a forearm.

The only halfway-plausible excuse would be for T to say that she was concerned that her teammate might be hurt, but that's kinda far-fetched. And T has seen enough game injuries to know the procedure.
I was pretty sure it was humor 😉

Reactions: creekdipper
Yes, besides not throwing Taurasi out, read where Sky only had 4 foul shots for the entire game.

Yes, the foul line was the difference in the final score really. Pathetic as well because the Sky attacked the rim continuously in that game. Just got no calls.

The Sky were +10 on point in the paint but shot fewer FTs. Usually means the officiating was fishy when the team with considerably more paint points is not getting calls.

Last edited:
If officiating had been great it won't be a match at all, Chicago would've swept them...Chicago is a better team. Diana didn't wana play her grab & push because Refs were waiting on her.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Dang Vandersloot, Copper and Quigley are dominating and Dolson is a beast coming off the bench. As long as the rest of team does not do anything to hurt them this series ends Sunday. Picking an MVP from those 3 will be difficult but my vote is Vandersloot.

2021-22 Women's Basketball Roster - Texas A&M Athletics - 12thMan.com

Transfer U lost a lot of top players but still some talent there. They will be an interesting team to watch this season how will they finish after losing multiple key players.
Definitely gonna be a down year for them their top 2 post players Ndea jones and Cierra Johnson went pro and Aliyah Wilson the vet on the team who always brought a calming presence is in the WNBA playing for Indiana…who did Blair bring in to shore up the lost post production and are they any good?

Reactions: Volfan2012
Definitely gonna be a down year for them their top 2 post players Ndea jones and Cierra Johnson went pro and Aliyah Wilson the vet on the team who always bought a calming presence is in the WNBA playing for Indiana…who did Blair bring in to shore up the lost post production and are they any good?
He will probably go three guard with Wells, Pitts, and Nixon. They have a 6'6" girl on the roster don't know much about her. I figure 6'3" Jada Malone a freshman will get a lot of playing time. They look good at guard their inside game looks suspect. Patty another transfer looks like a candidate for a lot of playing time inside.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back