Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Not really a rehab tape. More of a workout video. These girls work so hard and Azzi is a beast

Just watch the video, never mind who the players are. I'm sure this kind of workout is done in many schools, but it is mindboggling to me how hard they work just to try to be the best they can be. We see them on the court, but that is the easy part that we get to see. God bless these girls for what they do, and pray that they all remain healthy in their pursuit for excellence.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
If Paige makes $1m a year, that will be $43m more than her entire University does. UCONN is losing over $44m a year from their athletic department with no relief in site.

I guess UConn must really live in your head to bring up a point like that. It's not over 44. It's actually 43.5 and that report does not consider the 26.4 million in donations. It's pretty expensive to run a football program as an independent. You see we didn't get 43.7 million like each SEC school did. It's all OK though because as a top 25 public university there was plenty of money to cover the short fall.

I guess UConn must really live in your head to bring up a point like that. It's not over 44. It's actually 43.5 and that report does not consider the 26.4 million in donations. It's pretty expensive to run a football program as an independent. You see we didn't get 43.7 million like each SEC school did. It's all OK though because as a top 25 public university there was plenty of money to cover the short fall.
Large state income tax…just sayin’😬

Reactions: NeedOrange
There was “so much money to cover it” that UCONN had to drop 4 varsity sports. UCONN is spending close to $80m a year on athletics but their actual athletic revenue is $36m, hence the $44m a year deficit. The University covered $37m out of their own pockets and added $7m to student fees to cover the rest. That isn’t sustainable And they don’t have a solution.

Amid financial struggles, UConn to cut 4 sports after 2020 season

There was “so much money to cover it” that UCONN had to drop 4 varsity sports. UCONN is spending close to $80m a year on athletics but their actual athletic revenue is $36m, hence the $44m a year deficit. The University covered $37m out of their own pockets and added $7m to student fees to cover the rest. That isn’t sustainable And they don’t have a solution.

Amid financial struggles, UConn to cut 4 sports after 2020 season
"The financial plan approved creates a bright future for UConn athletics". Like I said you must think of UConn all the time. But don't worry you're not alone.

I know that recently the state of Connecticut was running a huge budget deficit of something like $500 Million. Didn't UCONN eliminate a couple of sports due to their dire financial situation?

"The financial plan approved creates a bright future for UConn athletics". Like I said you must think of UConn all the time. But don't worry you're not alone.

I don’t know who you are trying to fool. UCONN has over $100m in underfunded pension and healthcare benefits it cannot meet. It just dropped 4 sports and is looking to drop 4 more because it’s still losing $44m a year on athletics. The university just asked the state to bail it out of a $175m shortfall from last years budget and is in such dire fiscal shape it has eliminated 25% of its admin. The only “financial plan” UCONN has right now is to beg the state of Conn to keep it afloat.

Last edited:
I don’t know who you are trying to fool. UCONN has over $100m in unfounded pension and healthcare benefits it cannot meet. It just dropped 4 sports and is looking to drop 4 more because it’s still losing $44m a year on athletics. The university just asked the state to bail it out of a $175m shortfall from last years budget and is in such dire fiscal shape it has eliminated 25% of its admin. The only “financial plan” UCONN has right now is to beg the state of Conn to keep it afloat.

The pension issue is a state issue. All UConn employees are state employees and the deficit in pensions and health care are state related. My personal experience its from over 50 years of liberal state leadership that bought votes with all state unions. It has almost bankrupted the entire state. But it just goes to show where your head is. You talk a lot about SCAR and their second ranked recruiting class but your hope is that something, anything will stop what UConn is doing on the basketball court.

Reactions: brassie
true stuff….they will be a beast for the next 3-4 years…
6 years - Geno isn't done with the 22 class yet and I'm liking what I am hearing about 23. They have one more recruit out there and possibly two. They have two guards that are a UConn lean that are very exciting. Getting one will complete the 22 class.

I am also excited for Vanderbilt in the 23. They might be able to grab a couple in the 22 class, but by 23 they will be a force in recruiting in the south and possibly the nation. Vandy will have their 100 million facility up and CSR has already developed relationships with the top 23's and 24's. With Kim, Texas, Oklahoma, and a rejuvenated Vandy, the SEC is going to be very interesting.

The pension issue is a state issue. All UConn employees are state employees and the deficit in pensions and health care are state related. My personal experience its from over 50 years of liberal state leadership that bought votes with all state unions. It has almost bankrupted the entire state. But it just goes to show where your head is. You talk a lot about SCAR and their second ranked recruiting class but your hope is that something, anything will stop what UConn is doing on the basketball court.

So what you're saying is the State of Connecticut will being raising taxes soon to pay for UConn WBB. The tax sheep there will be happy with that.

Evidently not having that football and TV revenue is a killer. A little surprised at the total donor donations as well. So glad Tennessee is in a high revenue conference and has a large amount of rich donors.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
No women's basketball program makes a profit so in all state schools the taxes pay for women's basketball.

Not true. It is correct no WBB turns a profit, however, in the SEC the cost of nonrevenue sports is paid entirely from the AD budgets. That is why FB is so important to power 5 schools, it has gotten them into conferences where they generate the revenue needed to cover their budgets for athletics. Now if a school in a power 5 conference chooses to spend more than they make that's on them.

SEC schools do not go to their State legislatures with hat in hand asking the taxpayers to subsidize their sport programs. They do sometimes have State University municipal bonds issued for large projects like stadiums, arenas etc., but that is not a subsidy, it is a debt incurred which the AD must pay back with interest from their AD revenues.

Schools not in large high revenue conferences don't have the luxury of athletic departments that pay their own way. I can understand you not being aware of this. In the SEC and B1G for example, member schools total expenditures are almost always right at or within 1% of total revenue taken it. Its called a budget and most know how to follow one. Some schools like UCONN, only take in around half the revenue of what they spend. I believe UCONN in 2019 (not using 2020 covid #'s) took in about 46% of their expenses, leaving the state and students to foot the rest of the bill. That is not sustainable.

How SEC athletic departments ranked in total revenue for 2018-19 fiscal year (savannahnow.com)

Last edited:
No women's basketball program makes a profit so in all state schools the taxes pay for women's basketball.

"The university just asked the state to bail it out of a $175m shortfall from last years budget and is in such dire fiscal shape it has eliminated 25% of its admin. The only “financial plan” UCONN has right now is to beg the state of Conn to keep it afloat."

So you're saying that this post from Rooster1 isn't true?

"The university just asked the state to bail it out of a $175m shortfall from last years budget and is in such dire fiscal shape it has eliminated 25% of its admin. The only “financial plan” UCONN has right now is to beg the state of Conn to keep it afloat."

So you're saying that this post from Rooster1 isn't true?

I'm not sure what all of this has to do with the opportunity that NIL has given to allow young women to profit from their ability. Bueckers is in the photo posted, but I'm sure there are others. Instead of applauding the moment, the thread devolves into an irrelevant UConn hate fest. Remember, that NIL opportunity would also apply to a Lady Vol player - assuming they can land an elite recruit.

Reactions: Argonaut
I'm not sure what all of this has to do with the opportunity that NIL has given to allow young women to profit from their ability. Bueckers is in the photo posted, but I'm sure there are others. Instead of applauding the moment, the thread devolves into an irrelevant UConn hate fest. Remember, that NIL opportunity would also apply to a Lady Vol player - assuming they can land an elite recruit.

Wow... so you gonna just come on the board and throw shots huh? 😒 You need to also remember that there are posters who love the LV who also give Uconn AND their players their due.

Feel free to stay on the boneyard lol.

Last edited:

Ask needorange. I simply made a comment that if Paige makes $1m a year she will be making more than UCONN which loses $43.5m a year on sports. needorange then went off on some falsehood about taxes etc.

Not true. It is correct no WBB turns a profit, however, in the SEC the cost of nonrevenue sports is paid entirely from the AD budgets. That is why FB is so important to power 5 schools, it has gotten them into conferences where they generate the revenue needed to cover their budgets for athletics. Now if a school in a power 5 conference chooses to spend more than they make that's on them.

SEC schools do not go to their State legislatures with hat in hand asking the taxpayers to subsidize their sport programs. They do sometimes have State University municipal bonds issued for large projects like stadiums, arenas etc., but that is not a subsidy, it is a debt incurred which the AD must pay back with interest from their AD revenues.

Schools not in large high revenue conferences don't have the luxury of athletic departments that pay their own way. I can understand you not being aware of this. In the SEC and B1G for example, member schools total expenditures are almost always right at or within 1% of total revenue taken it. Its called a budget and most know how to follow one. Some schools like UCONN, only take in around half the revenue of what they spend. I believe UCONN in 2019 (not using 2020 covid #'s) took in about 46% of their expenses, leaving the state and students to foot the rest of the bill. That is not sustainable.

How SEC athletic departments ranked in total revenue for 2018-19 fiscal year (savannahnow.com)

Yes I know. Your AD budget got $47 million dollars from the SEC. You have a great ability to expound common knowledge as if it were some great revelation. But your women's basketball team lost money. That is what I said so this is nothing but a wordy attempt to obfuscate my comment

Now, for the third time, UConn must really live in your head for you to go to this length to find something to bash them. Try to address my comment or stop replying

Last edited:
Wow... so you gonna just come on the board and throw shots huh? 😒 You need to also remember that there are posters who love the LV who also give Uconn AND their players their due.

Feel free to stay on the boneyard lol.

Any shots thrown were counterbattery, :)

VN Store

Back