Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The power 5 conferences put in a rule i think about 4 year scholarships. This doesn’t apply to uconn i don’t think since they aren’t in one. No shade, i just wonder if they operate on a different thing.
I didn't know about the Power 5 (&ND) adoption. The NCAA still has the one year stipulation. I don't know how UConn operates. I assume that because in basketball, baseball, hockey, and field hockey we recruit power 5 level athletes, that we would step up. I couldn't find any articles on it but I'll keep my eyes out.

Well I've heard Jeff Walz cursing during a game when they going to call him out?

Jeff didn’t have 11 players transfer. Sorry but the Syracuse issue seems different to me.

Jeff’s players seem to love him and he doesn’t generally have a lot of transfers unless it’s someone not getting playing time. Have a feeling Hillsman will be relieved of his duties. It’s going to be really hard to explain away 11 negative experiences with his program.

Last edited:
Ex
Well I've heard Jeff Walz cursing during a game when they going to call him out?

Exactly.. I believe that there's players who like to follow the lead when few players have issues. The way Geno handle his players roughly that would never happen to him. Even pat was tough with players. I remembered when she kicked them out of locker room. Not saying that those players are lying, if u look at Cardosa she was last to left and I believe that her leaving wasn't issue but because all the players left.

Last edited:

Not here for this. Alexis may have had a good experience during her time and she may have a good relationship with Hillsman. She doesn’t speak for the 11 ladies who departed this past season though.

The issues may sound small, but having 11 players transfer (20 since 2018) is still cause for an investigation. A bit sad that it took an article in the news to encourage it. Also appears numerous managers and former staff had something to say about the culture he created. Wasn’t positive.

The kissing on the forehead and touching without consent is enough to fire him these days. And he should be. I’m an adult male and would never, ever kiss someone, who isn’t my grandma, on the forehead. I also avoid physically touching anyone I’m not certain wants to be touched. Basketball practice or not. Most 18-24yo women do not want to be touched anywhere by anyone unless they expressly consent. Men need to figure that out. Doesn’t matter how innocent it seems to you, to them it feels threatening. And you don’t know someone’s past experiences. To someone who experienced child sexual or physical abuse even innocuous touching can trigger a very strong emotional response.

As far as the players going after his family and career. Seems like a stretch. I haven’t seen anyone mention anything about his family. His career is fair game. If he’s treating players like crap he has no business being a coach. Seems he wasn’t a big fan of rebuilding after the good class of Seniors they had in 2017. Hard to duplicate that success and you can’t just force it out of people.

VN Store

Back