Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I will wait and see, I think she's going to fail and it not be what she had in Waco. She was very successful with keeping majority of the top players she wanted from the state in the state. And she had an assist with Kalani Brown because of her relationship with the Brown family (from her days at LA Tech). DiDi Richards, Nalyssa Smith, Lauren Cox, Brittany Griner, Odyseey Sims, were all Texas players. The only "stars" she had that wasn't Texas players were Kalani, Nina Davis, and Sophia-Young.

Let's see what she does with the "stars" in Louisiana. The SEC isn't the Big 12.

Gail Goestenkors,,,Vic Schaefer,,,Kim Mulkey
I wish someone would do an article on the equality of success rate for high profile coaches in W-NCAA BB who moved during their peak and the results thereof

Reactions: mlindsay
I hope your right we don't need another powerhouse in the SEC to deal with. Need to see if Ursin is headed there with Gusters and if the LSU trio is coming back for another season. If that all occurs they put a strong team out on the court next season. I don't know much about the five freshmen Caldwell recruited that are coming In looks like she is making room for some moves before July Ist arrives.
You may get more monsters that you think. If Barker goes to GA, If Mulkey draws transfers, there's two programs that are on a quick upswing that will show out in a season or two. And, IMHO, in 3 years you may have Vandy to worry about. 'For the times, they are a-changin'"

Details:

Inside Geno Auriemma’s new UConn deal: Breaking down the salary, bonuses, perks and exit fees

UConn was smart to give him the extension. It removes a potential negative other coaches could use in recruiting against him.

How long will he stay?

"When asked about retirement in recent years, Auriemma said he suspects he’ll just know when it’s time to step away. Part of his equation, he’s mentioned, would entail whether he can still recruit the hard-working, championship-minded kids he’s had come to Storrs over the last 36 years.
Bringing in the right kids also doesn’t seem to be a problem in the immediate future. Auriemma gave glowing remarks on UConn’s incoming freshman class, which features No. 1 overall recruit Azzi Fudd, Caroline Ducharme, Amari DeBerry and early enrollee Saylor Poffenbarger.
“It’s a combination of kids that I love,” Auriemma said of the 2021 signees in November. “I love them as kids, I love them as people because they are really, really exceptional human beings. ... We got four exceptional people, as exceptional as any group of players I’ve ever brought in, ever, in my 35 years, in what kind of people they are, and their backgrounds and their situations, all that stuff."

Last edited:
Details:

Inside Geno Auriemma’s new UConn deal: Breaking down the salary, bonuses, perks and exit fees

UConn was smart to give him the extension. It removes a potential negative other coaches could use in recruiting against him.

How long will he stay?

"When asked about retirement in recent years, Auriemma said he suspects he’ll just know when it’s time to step away. Part of his equation, he’s mentioned, would entail whether he can still recruit the hard-working, championship-minded kids he’s had come to Storrs over the last 36 years.
Bringing in the right kids also doesn’t seem to be a problem in the immediate future. Auriemma gave glowing remarks on UConn’s incoming freshman class, which features No. 1 overall recruit Azzi Fudd, Caroline Ducharme, Amari DeBerry and early enrollee Saylor Poffenbarger.
“It’s a combination of kids that I love,” Auriemma said of the 2021 signees in November. “I love them as kids, I love them as people because they are really, really exceptional human beings. ... We got four exceptional people, as exceptional as any group of players I’ve ever brought in, ever, in my 35 years, in what kind of people they are, and their backgrounds and their situations, all that stuff."

He gets it is about recruiting. It’s like your horses better meet the dosage index bar if you want to win the KY Derby.

Reactions: mcannon1
Why not? He has a good chance of picking up some more titles if Fudd plays up to her reputation.

Gonna be rooting hard for SC and Stanford to prevent that from happening...
He's going to leave some championships on the table whenever he retires. Whether it be 7, 10, 15 or 20 years from now.

i must have... just like i hear that all we do is bash Dawn , nobody mentions the ones of us who appreciate her and post positively.

Now i know people scoffed at the #1 banner but didn’t see the Aja Wilson posts...

it's the combination of the banner and the bronze statue that make it seem like Dawn is forcing a legacy that is, so far, just a few good years. How man schools put up a #1 banner, one that I know of. How many players that won a single National Championship have a bronze statue, one that I know of. How many coaches blame a defeat on the brand of basketball (which they use at least 10 times a year), one that I know of. It's just not a classy look.

VN Store

Back