Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

What a miserable human. His dog probably hates him too.

tenor.gif

And she is 40 years old and has never coached a basketball game.

Her only claim to fame: played for Pat Summitt (no title) and was ESPN talking head for several years.

“Claim to fame”? Maybe you are trying to say she wasn’t qualified for a blue blood coaching job. But the lady was the best WBB studio person at ESPN after entering college as a reserved personality. She was on the Board at the University of Tennessee before age 40. She was a coach for the Boston Celtics in addition to her athletic accomplishments. She’s actually accomplished a lot before age 40.

I'll take that bet, and I think you would too if you were honest. How many titles did GG win again? Mulkey has three. If LSU is willing to pay, they absolutely deserve to leave Tennessee in their dust and battle South Carolina for conference supremacy. If only Tennessee was that stupid...

Honestly it pisses me off that LSU, with their limited time in the sun for about six years and not being remotely relevant for the last five years or so, is willing to throw money at a three time NC coach, while UT was looking for a bargain after Holly. Hoping that Williams can get some recruits to UT, because with Staley reeling in top 5 classes every season and with Mulkey coming to the SEC, we're definitely going to need it.

My question is, can she recruit to LSU like she did at Baylor? She has lots of AAU pipelines right now being at Baylor. Texas recruiting is very cliquish, which Gail found out when she went to Texas.

I hope there is a 180 change in decision.... I dont want Kim in the SEC

The whole Mulkey saga is very interesting.

Is she simply playing the Baylor AD and Pres for more money, or more influence? Is this just a high stakes game of chicken?

Is Mulkey throwing a fit because she may not get her way on the new arena location? Does her say and influence mean less now that Baylor MBB has a NC?

Is it possible that the arena situation potentially involves so much public money that even as big as Mulkey is, the money contributed from the city of Waco or the state of Texas dwarfs her strongly held opinions?

I would think that Baylor would everything they could to keep her, but who knows. Really interesting drama.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Honestly it pisses me off that LSU, with their limited time in the sun for about six years and not being remotely relevant for the last five years or so, is willing to throw money at a three time NC coach, while UT was looking for a bargain after Holly. Hoping that Williams can get some recruits to UT, because with Staley reeling in top 5 classes every season and with Mulkey coming to the SEC, we're definitely going to need it.

My question is, can she recruit to LSU like she did at Baylor? She has lots of AAU pipelines right now being at Baylor. Texas recruiting is very cliquish, which Gail found out when she went to Texas.

It comes down to $$$. LSU has it. Tennessee did not, and would not today. The athletic department is still paying out coaches who were dismissed before contracts expired. Covid has not helped.

It comes down to $$$. LSU has it. Tennessee did not, and would not today. The athletic department is still paying out coaches who were dismissed before contracts expired. Covid has not helped.
$$$ also comes from the football program last time I checked LSU is a year off their NC in football while our FB program is a complete clown show right now.

Reactions: krichunaka
I will say it again, it is stupid to bet $3 million a year with a long term commitment of $15 million to get any WBB coach to come to your school. Maybe you pay that to a coach that is historically great at your school like Pat Summitt or Geno Auriemma after long term success.

I wouldn't be surprised that she winds up being the Gail Gostenkors of LSU WBB. She won't dominate the SEC like she did the Big 12.

$$$ also comes from the football program last time I checked LSU is a year off their NC in football while our FB program is a complete clown show right now.
Was a complete clown show. TN no longer paying Jones or Pruitt, just got to get past NCAA penalties. Got a fine new Coach for now and the future!

LSU is willing to pay and the amount is 2.8 million a year. Different twitter sources are saying she is going to take the job has some kind of problem with the Baylor AD. We'll see how it turns out they will all be eating crow if she decides to stay at Baylor.

VN Store

Back