Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

A lot of coaches saying they like the neutral court system for all NCAA games. I am personally against it I like the two home games for the top 16 format better. I hope the NCAA keeps it that way.

the first two rounds net very few upsets so I agree with this,,,but from the S16 on, I love the idea of no home court advantage...it made for one of the most fun to witness mens and womens tourneys in years

the first two rounds net very few upsets so I agree with this,,,but from the S16 on, I love the idea of no home court advantage...it made for one of the most fun to witness mens and womens tourneys in years

Don’t they move to regional sites for the sweet 16 and elite 8s? Wouldn’t the formats stay the same ?

That is exactly what they do most of the time. Sometimes the regionals are in a favorable location to the top seed. but not their home court.

Ohio State junior Dorka Juhasz, a 6-foot-4 forward, is transferring to UConn, she announced on social media on Monday.

Juhasz averaged 14.6 points and 11.1 rebounds for the Buckeyes this season and was a first-team Big Ten honoree as a sophomore in 2020. She announced earlier in April that she’d be entering the NCAA transfer portal.

A native of Hungary, she was rated the No. 12 international player coming out of high school in 2018. She’s played on a number of Hungarian national teams and averaged 11.7 points and 9.4 rebounds at the FIBA Under-19 Women’s Basketball World Cup in 2017.

Juhasz joins Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Aaliyah Edwards, Piath Gabriel and Aubrey Griffin in UConn’s frontcourt.

Ohio State junior Dorka Juhasz, a 6-foot-4 forward, is transferring to UConn, she announced on social media on Monday.

Juhasz averaged 14.6 points and 11.1 rebounds for the Buckeyes this season and was a first-team Big Ten honoree as a sophomore in 2020. She announced earlier in April that she’d be entering the NCAA transfer portal.

A native of Hungary, she was rated the No. 12 international player coming out of high school in 2018. She’s played on a number of Hungarian national teams and averaged 11.7 points and 9.4 rebounds at the FIBA Under-19 Women’s Basketball World Cup in 2017.

Juhasz joins Olivia Nelson-Ododa, Aaliyah Edwards, Piath Gabriel and Aubrey Griffin in UConn’s frontcourt.

Rich getting richer and not content.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I thought they had a five star freshman post coming in as well. Somebody got to ride the bench not playing that many people.

Exactly. Have seen this there before. I get that it’s “UCONN” and that’s the big draw. It does not seem to be a great place to transfer TO though. The only transfers I can think of were Natalie Butler and Azura Stevens. And of course EW. The former two did not play much. Depth minutes here and there. Any other year and I don’t think EW would have played much. Next season included.

Last edited:
It's a hitch to see UConn, year after year, get so many damn top rated players.....

There just might, maybe, be a correlation between those top rated players and 13 consecutive Final Fours. Or even worse, a total of ten losses, not last year, but over the last five seasons. Sure, they have had some not so highly ranked players who developed into stars—Gabby Williams for example—but it's often the highly ranked kids who get the job done.

There just might, maybe, be a correlation between those top rated players and 13 consecutive Final Fours. Or even worse, a total of ten losses, not last year, but over the last five seasons. Sure, they have had some not so highly ranked players who developed into stars—Gabby Williams for example—but it's often the highly ranked kids who get the job done.
Gabby was a McD AA who was ranked in the top 15 by ESPN. She was pretty highly acclaimed coming in.

Agree that UConn's success is probably the greatest recruiting tool Geno can ask for. He knows that if kids want to play in the Final Four, then UConn's on the short list of schools with the track record to get them there

Gabby Williams isn't a good example because she was a highly ranked player.
ASGR-2
Bluestar-6
Hoopgurlz-14
Prospects Nation-18.

Gabby was a McD AA who was ranked in the top 15 by ESPN. She was pretty highly acclaimed coming in.
ASGR-2
Bluestar-6
Hoopgurlz-14
Prospects Nation-18.

Thanks to both of you for the correction. I confused her with Kia Nurse, who ESPN ranked in the 30s.

ASGR-2
Bluestar-6
Hoopgurlz-14
Prospects Nation-18.

Kia Nurse was Hoopgurlz- 33. Here's the rest of her rankings.
ASGR-14
Bluestar-10
Prospect Nation N/A

It just goes to prove hoopgurlz is not the WCBB know all on recruiting.

VN Store

Back