Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Why are you here instead of your board? Living rent free in yalls head
You should consider it a compliment that other fans come to your board. As for me I joined this board when Pat passed to give my condolences. I have always admired her and considered the Lady Vols to be the measuring stick. SC doesn't have the history UT has and may never have it but my admiration of the Vols has been tempered by the venom spewed at SC. I will always admire Pat however.

Amazing the talent disparity and Texas had nothing left from their win the other night
Everyone has one game of their life in them. Texas played its against Maryland. I'm sure people wonder how the LVs beat South Carolina. Neither us nor Texas is able to play at that level consistently yet though.

Pretty sure I've never seen a college team fail to score in a quarter. How embarrassing.

Lobo just said "You can't say enough good things about Dawn Staley." Well yes, you actually can. And you guys definitely do. I'm tired of the deification of Dawn, complete with video featuring the "dawn" rising over her face. Wonderful person and fine coach I'm sure, but enough already.

Every time ESPN anoints a team as the toughest out, they wind up out. First it was Maryland. Then Baylor. And most recently, Stanford, who is not looking so unbeatable tonight.

Everyone has one game of their life in them. Texas played its against Maryland. I'm sure people wonder how the LVs beat South Carolina. Neither us nor Texas is able to play at that level consistently yet though.

Pretty sure I've never seen a college team fail to score in a quarter. How embarrassing.

Lobo just said "You can't say enough good things about Dawn Staley." Well yes, you actually can. And you guys definitely do. I'm tired of the deification of Dawn, complete with video featuring the "dawn" rising over her face. Wonderful person and fine coach I'm sure, but enough already.

Yeah, Dawn isn't the best coach what she is a great recruiter and lets the talent and culture do the work......Holly was a great recruiter but couldn't coach a lick and had no culture at all

This is funny wat I just noticed watching sandford & Louisville lol. Pls tell all ur players to tie up their hair. A player 5'3 with eye lashes & long hair make her 5'8 running trying to catch her hair and eye lashes is crazy. Also noticed that all the white players hold up their hair while black players hair same height as them. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
It will be interesting to see if this national perception of preferential officiating for UConn affects how the officials call their remaining games....
Until the last call I didn't think those refs favored UConn at all. It was pretty evenly called and miscalled. I was surprised they swallowed the whistle on the final play though. Lord knows if that had been Key defending they would have called a flagrant and thrown her out of the game. But I think part of why they didn't call it was bc Carrington was out of control and kind of hurled herself into them, then exaggerated her fall as if she'd been tossed from a rooftop. No doubt if such a call had gone against the LVs and cost them a FF spot, I'd be on lockdown today. Tough ending, but she was never going to hit that shot and it was bad final play execution.

I've actually found myself enjoying watching UConn in this tourney. They are so smooth and efficient, especially on offense. They play hard, they play smart, and no one is a showboat or hotdog. Hate away, but I'm very happy for Evina and wish way more LVs of her era had gotten a chance to actually develop their talent,

Hate some more, but I've actually found myself appreciating Geno. He's done a great job weaving in Paige and he actually seems to enjoy this team. After his post game interview, full of the usual Genoisms, he turned away and jumped into the players huddle and let out a big ole YEAHHHHH! The kids went crazy. I can't remember him interacting like that very often.

We're seeing a couple of things pretty historic in the Women's game, the genius of Geno and the best freshman in a long, long time. I'm going to enjoy those things rather than bathe in the sins of the past. But I still can't STAND Diana Taurasi!

Every time ESPN anoints a team as the toughest out, they wind up out. First it was Maryland. Then Baylor. And most recently, Stanford, who is not looking so unbeatable tonight.

I think that has more to do with Louisville than Stanford. For a team that starts a bunch of midgets, Louisville is playing tough as nails.

On a side note, Fran Belibi's athleticism is eye-popping. She makes it look effortless.

Stanford is playing awful right now. Shooting bricks While Louisville is getting good looks and making their shoots. Has Brink even hit the rim on any of her 3 point shots?

Until the last call I didn't think those refs favored UConn at all. It was pretty evenly called and miscalled. I was surprised they swallowed the whistle on the final play though. Lord knows if that had been Key defending they would have called a flagrant and thrown her out of the game. But I think part of why they didn't call it was bc Carrington was out of control and kind of hurled herself into them, then exaggerated her fall as if she'd been tossed from a rooftop. No doubt if such a call had gone against the LVs and cost them a FF spot, I'd be on lockdown today. Tough ending, but she was never going to hit that shot and it was bad final play execution.

I've actually found myself enjoying watching UConn in this tourney. They are so smooth and efficient, especially on offense. They play hard, they play smart, and no one is a showboat or hotdog. Hate away, but I'm very happy for Evina and wish way more LVs of her era had gotten a chance to actually develop their talent,

Hate some more, but I've actually found myself appreciating Geno. He's done a great job weaving in Paige and he actually seems to enjoy this team. After his post game interview, full of the usual Genoisms, he turned away and jumped into the players huddle and let out a big ole YEAHHHHH! The kids went crazy. I can't remember him interacting like that very often.

We're seeing a couple of things pretty historic in the Women's game, the genius of Geno and the best freshman in a long, long time. I'm going to enjoy those things rather than bathe in the sins of the past. But I still can't STAND Diana Taurasi!

I agree with this. I don't think the officials had it in for Baylor either, WBB officiating just sucks. I do wonder if the national coverage of this blunder will weigh in the minds of officials moving forward though.

You don't have to like UConn but you have to admire the way they play. Watching objectively, it's just fun to watch over the rugby ball of some other teams.

As for Geno, I mean at this point who really cares? He has already passed Pat in wins and titles, records that will be shattered by the time he retires and won't be touched in our lifetimes. It is what it is...

I can't remember the last UConn game that I have watched from start to finish. It might have been one of those ND-UConn games during the Arike era but I'm not sure. I guess I will miss watching the greatness live. Oh well.

Stanford has came back and made this a game against Louisville.

VN Store

Back