Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Rochelle Norris (6-5 RS SO center, Stafford, VA) has entered her name into the transfer portal, out of West Virginia WBB, where she played in 13 games this season, starting 2 and averaging 3.2 PPG and 3.5 RPG in 13.6 MPG

Rochelle Norris (6-5 RS SO center, Stafford, VA) has entered her name into the transfer portal, out of West Virginia WBB, where she played in 13 games this season, starting 2 and averaging 3.2 PPG and 3.5 RPG in 13.6 MPG
I think she would be a really good pickup for some team. Evidently she didn't like the 13 minutes she was getting and a limited amount of shots 16 for 32 for the season which is like 3 shot attempts per game. She has some athleticism wouldn't mind if she landed with us. I think she could be developed into an outstanding post player.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think she would be a really good pickup for some team. Evidently she didn't like the 13 minutes she was getting and a limited amount of shots 16 for 32 for the season which is like 3 shot attempts per game. She has some athleticism wouldn't mind if she landed with us. I think she could be developed into an outstanding post player.

Then what do you do with Emily ? you are correct Norris is very talented and has some skills.

why is she not playing at WV? Is she another project like Emily who i love to watch give her best?

Then what do you do with Emily ? you are correct Norris is very talented and has some skills.
Don't want to upset anybody but she has a lot more upside than Emily. I don't think we'll see her here and wonder why she wasn't used more there. Very fluid player just needs to develop her basketball skills a little more and the right program will be able to do it.

I don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers but the only people she needs to satisfy is Kellie and her staff. Emily is already on the team and has almost 2 years experience. Kellie recruited her so she is aware of what Emily is capable of. I would prefer a big with experience and talent who will contribute immediately. I am sure the staff is watching the portal closely for the right person.

I don’t want to ruffle anyone’s feathers but the only people she needs to satisfy is Kellie and her staff. Emily is already on the team and has almost 2 years experience. Kellie recruited her so she is aware of what Emily is capable of. I would prefer a big with experience and talent who will contribute immediately. I am sure the staff is watching the portal closely for the right person.
It is all just talk I am sure there is no interest either way. Emily is here to stay even though she was recruited and signed by Holly. She is making strides a lot better player than she was even at the beginning of the season. We do a lot of speculative talk here everytime a player enters the portal and it is mostly just talk and nonsense to pass the time until we have a game.

It is all just talk I am sure there is no interest either way. Emily is here to stay even though she was recruited and signed by Holly. She is making strides a lot better player than she was even at the beginning of the season. We do a lot of speculative talk here everytime a player enters the portal and it is mostly just talk and nonsense to pass the time until we have a game.

I agree that Rochelle could be an interesting pickup. I do think Tamari will need a back up next season. Keyen should be healthy but I’m just not sure she’s big enough to guard in the post during SEC play. Striplin and Puckett will be freshman.

Doubt Norris lands in Knoxville though. She had a knee injury a couple years ago. Wondering if that’s limiting her time at WVU. She seems considerably more athletic than Ejifor but they were getting close to the same PT. Carey does seem to like playing small ball so she may not have fit into his system well. A lot of times he has Martinez at the 5. She’s listed at 6’2” but I don’t believe it for a second.

I’m thinking Rochelle ends up at Virginia or Virginia Tech. Pure guess but they need some players and that’s her home state.

Nobody is sidelining Emily. She’ll always play a role while she’s at UT. One of my favorite Lady Vols for a long time. Not so much for anything she does on the court, but how supportive she is from the bench. Always has a positive attitude and is the first one up, cheering on her teammates.

I don’t know that she’ll ever be able to crack the rotation beyond about 10 backup minutes though. The time she is on the court she does a great job making a positive contribution. The game seems to move a little fast for her though. She often gets great position and gets open but then she’s not expecting the pass.

The pass from JH was on Horston the other night though. That was way too cute, she just needed to dump it to Emily. The behind the back was pretty, but unnecessary. Not a pass your reserve post is going to catch often. I played with a guard who passed like that a lot and it was very frustrating. All you needed was a simple pass to your hands, and instead, you got some insane between the legs, behind the back pass at 50mph. Great when you’re athletic enough to do that, but not useful if nobody can catch it.

Edit: I meant to reply to @Rickster sorry @Volfan2012

Last edited:
Nobody is sidelining Emily. She’ll always play a role while she’s at UT. One of my favorite Lady Vols for a long time. Not so much for anything she does on the court, but how supportive she is from the bench. Always has a positive attitude and is the first one up, cheering on her teammates.

I don’t know that she’ll ever be able to crack the rotation beyond about 10 backup minutes though. The time she is on the court she does a great job making a positive contribution. The game seems to move a little fast for her though. She often gets great position and gets open but then she’s not expecting the pass.

The pass from JH was on Horston the other night though. That was way too cute, she just needed to dump it to Emily. The behind the back was pretty, but unnecessary. Not a pass your reserve post is going to catch often. I played with a guard who passed like that a lot and it was very frustrating. All you needed was a simple pass to your hands, and instead, you got some insane between the legs, behind the back pass at 50mph. Great when you’re athletic enough to do that, but not useful if nobody can catch it.

Got it.

Not sure any of our post players could have handled that pass... or Uros, Pember or Anosike, for that matter. Definitely a WNBA pass, but she needs to play to her team mate's strengths. If CKH didn't pull her aside for a little "Stare", she should have.

Should've fouled had one to give could have fouled the girl before she made the pass. They would've had to take it in with a little over a second left.

Arkansas hanging tough so far. 2 fouls on ONO has helped them on the boards. Honestly this UCONN team does not look like the well oiled machine they usually do. Arkansas is shooting well also, if they keep it up it could get dangerous down the stretch. Actually think this Arkansas team has more ability to put points on the board than UCONN.

Gonna come down to defense so I give it to UCONN in the second half. Fun back and forth game like ours was so far though.

Reactions: LadyVol1908

VN Store

Back