Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I have come to the conclusion that, based on rankings, UConn defeated the 25th RANKED team in the country in Tennessee, but in reality, they beat one of the TOP TEN best teams. Being ranked in the top ten does not mean a team is one of the top best teams. The number one ranked team is not necessarily the best team, especially this season. I don't think there are ten teams better than Tennessee, not at this point of the season.

South Florida, as I mentioned earlier, is an absolute joke coming in at #13. They haven’t played since Jan 13th. Have one quality win over MSST (12/5/20) and a loss to Baylor (12/1/20) in what was DD Richards first game back from a serious injury.

They are not going to play another ranked team this entire season and are in a UCONNless AAC. They could very possibly win every game going forward. So where do they end up? They are #17 in the Net rankings and trending down.

Absolutely NO way they are the 13th best team in the nation. They’ll lose their first NCAA tournament game by double digits. Mark my words.

Michigan is in the same boat for me. How the voters are coming up with #12 based off of one win over Northwestern and a loss to Ohio State I’ll never understand. Northwestern is likely to lose their re-match against Iowa Thursday and won’t be in the top 25 anymore. Hillman scored 50 freaking points against Ohio State and they still couldn’t win. That’s not exactly a positive.

South Florida, as I mentioned earlier, is an absolute joke coming in at #13. They haven’t played since Jan 13th. Have one quality win over MSST (12/5/20) and a loss to Baylor (12/1/20) in what was DD Richards first game back from a serious injury.

They are not going to play another ranked team this entire season and are in a UCONNless AAC. They could very possibly win every game going forward. So where do they end up? They are #17 in the Net rankings and trending down.

Absolutely NO way they are the 13th best team in the nation. They’ll lose their first NCAA tournament game by double digits. Mark my words.

Michigan is in the same boat for me. How the voters are coming up with #12 based off of one win over Northwestern and a loss to Ohio State I’ll never understand. Northwestern is likely to lose their re-match against Iowa Thursday and won’t be in the top 25 anymore. Hillman scored 50 freaking points against Ohio State and they still couldn’t win. That’s not exactly a positive.
ur post make me laugh😂😭..the AP Poll is a joke tbh

Wild first quarter. Not much defense from either team honestly. 25 all after one. UGA came out red hot (73%) in the first quarter but that will cool. I don’t think they can score with Arkansas and based on their first quarter they can’t stop them without fouling.

8-8 from the FT line alone for Arkansas in that first quarter. Something we didn’t take advantage of against UGA. You take it right at them and they foul almost every time. We only shot 11 FTs the entire game.

Morrison on the bench with 2 fouls and Staiti took an awkward fall on he elbow and plodded to the locker room toward the end of the first.

10 turnovers in the first quarter for Georgia to Arky’s 1.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
remember that time when Arkansas was a top 10 team

They’re trying to play some defense but they have got to find some size somewhere. I don’t care how talented his guards are. If Neighbors doesn’t find a girl about 6’4” that can move a little bit and set a monster screen they’re gonna have an SEC season like this every year.

This would be almost a blowout for Arkansas already if they could get a stop. They have 12 points off 11 Georgia turnovers. Problem is every time they don’t turn UGA over they score. 73% shooting is not sustainable for UGA. I think they’ll cool off in the second half and Arkansas wins by 15. This pace doesn’t favor Georgia.

I have come to the conclusion that, based on rankings, UConn defeated the 25th RANKED team in the country in Tennessee, but in reality, they beat one of the TOP TEN best teams. Being ranked in the top ten does not mean a team is one of the top best teams. The number one ranked team is not necessarily the best team, especially this season. I don't think there are ten teams better than Tennessee, not at this point of the season.

You came to that conclusion?

Georgia is gassed. They tried to run with Arkansas in this first half. All they got is tired legs and a tie game. Their shooting percentage is about to go from 70% to 10%. Bricking 3s left and right now.

I do think Arkansas will get them today. They haven’t played a very smart game. 15 turnovers for UGA in that half. Crazy.

Georgia is gassed. They tried to run with Arkansas in this first half. All they got is tired legs and a tie game. Their shooting percentage is about to go from 70% to 10%. Bricking 3s left and right now.

I do think Arkansas will get them today. They haven’t played a very smart game. 15 turnovers for UGA in that half. Crazy.

Look at the FG % for each and the rebounds. UGA gonna win.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They’re trying to play some defense but they have got to find some size somewhere. I don’t care how talented his guards are. If Neighbors doesn’t find a girl about 6’4” that can move a little bit and set a monster screen they’re gonna have an SEC season like this every year.

Arkansas inability to find a decent post player is like our inability to find a decent point guard🙃

Look at the FG % for each and the rebounds. UGA gonna win.

Nah don’t think so. UGA is tanking. They are poorly coached. They gassed themselves in the first half. They can’t score with Arkansas.

Should be up 20 instead they’re down 5. We learned something in the first half. Tag a couple fouls on Morrison and their ball control is in the toilet.

Staiti is useless defensively. Erin Barnum has given her 5 up-fakes and shot 5 uncontested layups.

maybe Arkans

Arkansas inability to find a decent post player is like our inability to find a decent point guard🙃

I’m not sure why he hasn’t gotten a decent one. He doesn’t even need a post who can score. Would be great with a mobile big girl that can rebound and get a few putbacks. Really they just need one for defensive reasons. They cannot matchup up with any of the 5s in the SEC except maybe Florida.

Just needs a big body that can defend in the post and box out the opposing 5.

I’m not sure why he hasn’t gotten a decent one. He doesn’t even need a post who can score. Would be great with a mobile big girl that can rebound and get a few putbacks. Really they just need one for defensive reasons. They cannot matchup up with any of the 5s in the SEC except maybe Florida.

Just needs a big body that can defend in the post and box out the opposing 5.

Neighbors must be pissed that Dauda decided to go to Baylor to sit on the bench. That must suck to lose a local kid. Having her, Eaton and Wolfenbarger would have positioned them in the top 1/2 of the SEC standings for the next 4 years.

I'm surprised Rennia is projected to go so low. I'm assuming Collier stays in college so maybe she goes up, but I thought she'd be top 3 for sure.

Overall, outside of the top 10 (and even including some in the top 10), this is an abysmally weak draft. Probably the weakest I've ever seen.
Other than this player I agree about the weak draft.

1. Arella Guirantes, 5’11” Wing, Rutgers
Rutgers has played eight games thus far, none since January 3. Guirantes turned in big 30-plus point performances in close losses to Maryland and Iowa but did go cold (3-24 FG) in a loss at Nebraska. The outside shot continues to look good: 17-44 from deep this season after shooting about 39 percent on 96 attempts in 2019-20.

Reactions: Amb3096
Other than this player I agree about the weak draft.

1. Arella Guirantes, 5’11” Wing, Rutgers
Rutgers has played eight games thus far, none since January 3. Guirantes turned in big 30-plus point performances in close losses to Maryland and Iowa but did go cold (3-24 FG) in a loss at Nebraska. The outside shot continues to look good: 17-44 from deep this season after shooting about 39 percent on 96 attempts in 2019-20.
She can add to the crop of successful recent RU grads in the WNBA. Copper and Laney were great last season.

VN Store

Back