Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

So Fulmer should have hired Banghart, who at UNC is making approximately what Kellie is making...yet, on the other hand, he should have been offering $13.8 million over 7 years if he was "serious" about. returning a "fading program" to "the elite."

Seems clear that the only consistent argument for one simultaneously holding the above contradictory positions is that Fulmer shouldn't have hired who he hired.

Unless that person is suggesting that Fulmer should have offered almost $2 million dollars per year to Banghart.

The dollar amount of Paydays don't determine success, it only guarantees that Texas will be paying a lot for their coach
Big names don't guarantee success either: Stephanie White

Coaching guarantees success.

Party on Darth
okkk they have too much confidence in him may turn out ok but won't be what they anticipated

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It's a crapshoot
you see it on every level

Coaches with lesser talent beating teams with better talent and lesser coaches
and
coaches with great talent getting beat by teams with better coaches with lesser talent

It is a chemistry thing most of the time
The coach has to gain the respect of all of the players and the coach has to command respect
and it can't be done by force or intimidation
They have to want to follow the coach

The coach has HC has to understand that they can't perfectly connect with every athlete on their team,, they have to empower and trust their assistants to do things or reach players they can't do or reach.
A kink in either facet and you have the proverbial "weak link" in the chain

This is why "one coach" can't succeed by themself
on every team there are multiple type of player-personalities
Some have to have their egos stroked
some have to be coddled
some have to have a kick in the pants
some are alpha and some are betas and some have the characteristics of both
If the staff isn't comprised of the right mix mix for the mix of players in the group...it won't work
Case in point CHW, she had alpha and beta player but no alpha coaches
and she rejected outside influences out of fear

Vic is used to coaching a certain mix of players...if he can't quickly mesh with the players he inherits, or lets them dictate the incoming players' mentality, he too will face the Stephanie White dilema

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
The dollar amount of Paydays don't determine success, it only guarantees that Texas will be paying a lot for their coach
Big names don't guarantee success either: Stephanie White

Coaching guarantees success.

Party on Darth
Schaffer earned that big payday with his success in building the Mississippi State program. I’d say it’s pretty close to a guarantee that he will be successful.

White had ZERO coaching experience in WCBB before Vanderbilt. The comparison with Vic signing with Texas is a bad one.

Schaffer earned that big payday with his success in building the Mississippi State program. I’d say it’s pretty close to a guarantee that he will be successful.

White had ZERO coaching experience in WCBB before Vanderbilt. The comparison with Vic signing with Texas is a bad one.
The comparison was in name-recognition, not prior experience

My cousin is in the Wubble!!!! Thanks for everyone’s prayers and well wishes. I’m a proud big cousin. She’s been quarantining down in FLA for the last 14 days, but today it’s officially official.
players have to quarantine for 4 days and be tested and cleared before entering the wubble so this was in the works for awhile then?

Vic’s name recognition is based on his success at MSST. Whites was based pretty much on her career at Purdue.

So, it’s way different name recognition in regards to hiring for a WCBB head coach.
I would argue that White's coaching career was more defined from coaching a WNBA championship team...but college is a whole different beast from the pros.

I agree with you though that Vic earned every penny of his contract based on how he turned MSST into a collegiate powerhouse.

I would argue that White's coaching career was more defined from coaching a WNBA championship team...but college is a whole different beast from the pros.

I agree with you though that Vic earned every penny of his contract based on how he turned MSST into a collegiate powerhouse.
I don't disagree,,,, I simply know that success doesn't gaurantee success (e.g.. Coach Gail Goestenkors for instance)

Unless that person is suggesting that Fulmer should have offered almost $2 million dollars per year to Banghart.

Unless that person is suggesting that, regardless of budget, the coaching "search" could have extended slightly beyond a pool limited to Pat's former players... 🤔

Why go outside of the "family" if you have one of the family members coaching beyond her level of athletes.
If Coach K can do that here, she will be exactly what we need.
We have the horses, just haven't had the right jockey

I don't disagree,,,, I simply know that success doesn't gaurantee success (e.g.. Coach Gail Goestenkors for instance)

Well, nothing is guaranteed. And although there are exceptions, a history of success is a reasonable predictor for future success, all things being equal. Didn't work out great for Gail, but I suspect Vic will take care of Gail's biggest shortcoming at Texas, and that is in recruiting. He's in his home turf, and will have a wealth of in-state talent to schmooze.

players have to quarantine for 4 days and be tested and cleared before entering the wubble so this was in the works for awhile then?
Yep. We had to keep it under wraps until it was officially announced by the team. I’m so happy that she at least got a chance to see what she can do in the league. She also signed with a team overseas for the winter season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yep. We had to keep it under wraps until it was officially announced by the team. I’m so happy that she at least got a chance to see what she can do in the league. She also signed with a team overseas for the winter season.

so how about our girl and getting the win last night 🤩

she was aggressive and got to the free throw line!

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back