Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Stephen A. Smith just picked Lady Vols to win their bracket.

Now where are the ESPN hates us screamers at?

I don’t know how I feel about this. The LVs seem to perform better when they’re not expected to. High expectations just haven’t worked out over the past couple years.

That said, I would love to see the team and STAFF embrace the hype like this program did for so long in March. All eyes are on them. Excited to see how they respond.

I don’t know how I feel about this. The LVs seem to perform better when they’re not expected to. High expectations just haven’t worked out over the past couple years.

That said, I would love to see the team and STAFF embrace the hype like this program did for so long in March. All eyes are on them. Excited to see how they respond.
One game at a time

Looks like all of our coaches are following her...

taliah scott
@thetaliahscott
·
Follow
After lots of thought and consideration, I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal. I want to say thank you to the coaches and staff. Also, thank you to the Arkansas fanbase for embracing me and to everyone who has supported me.

taliah scott

@thetaliahscott
·
Follow
After lots of thought and consideration, I have decided to enter my name into the transfer portal. I want to say thank you to the coaches and staff. Also, thank you to the Arkansas fanbase for embracing me and to everyone who has supported me.

Whoa. Scott was the crown jewel for Neighbor's future. Wonder what Poffenbarger is thinking?

Reactions: krichunaka
Ruby Whitehorn of Clem also entered the portal

Didn't Harper recruit her, or was that another Ruby? How tall is she? What's her history at Clemson?

Edit: Saw that she's a guard with 2 years left. Averaged 12 pts. but committed 103 turnovers vs. 51 assists last year. Only 27% three_point shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolFuture
Neighbors fired I’m pretty sure…

If so he would do well to find a mid-major job somewhere. He could land one that pays well and be comfortable. Like Smesko at FGCU.

Neighbors style with the threes and minimal interior play really lends itself more to a mid-major program. The size and physicality of the SEC have just been too much for his teams.

Even when he has had players with superior size and athleticism, like Dauda, he does not know what to do with them.

Last edited:
Now I could see Molly Miller to Arkansas. She has lots of connections in that area from her time at Drury.

Probably way ahead of ourselves as I haven’t seen anything official on Neighbors being let go. He’s a hometown boy, I know Arkansas was/is his dream job so always sad to not see that work out.

Now I could see Molly Miller to Arkansas. She has lots of connections in that area from her time at Drury.

Probably way ahead of ourselves as I haven’t seen anything official on Neighbors being let go. He’s a hometown boy, I know Arkansas was/is his dream job so always sad to not see that work out.
Just hard to believe the girls don’t know something when they all jumping ship

Random question but is there really not 1 SEC team in the WNIT this year? I combed through the bracket and didn't see any. No other postseason for the other teams that didn't make the big dance?

VN Store

Back