Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Bill Fennelly has done a fine job at Iowa State rebuilding a roster that was decimated by graduation and transfers. He deserves consideration for CoY though I suspect that Dawn Staley is a probable shoo-in for that honor.
I don't know, I never liked it in the past when Frese was mentioned for CoY for having dealt with all those transfers out. Whose responsibility was it to retain those players? What would their record have been if they hadn't run all those players off?

That said, they've done much better than I expected and they seem to be peaking at the right time. Though it seemed that way last year, too, when they won the Big 12 tournament, only to lose in the first round to Toledo. I still wouldn't be excited to play them in the first round this year.

I don't know, I never liked it in the past when Frese was mentioned for CoY for having dealt with all those transfers out. Whose responsibility was it to retain those players? What would their record have been if they hadn't run all those players off?

That said, they've done much better than I expected and they seem to be peaking at the right time. Though it seemed that way last year, too, when they won the Big 12 tournament, only to lose in the first round to Toledo. I still wouldn't be excited to play them in the first round this year.
I find it hard to blame the coaches for transfers. The transfer portal and immediate eligibility makes it easy, and sometimes it's best for program integrity to let players leave if they are unhappy...especially for things that the coach has no control over.

Perhaps Connecticut should be.

After all, they beat mighty Lehman 101-14 the first game this season, and they've only lost one game (Vanderbilt).

They've plowed through a challenging schedule filled with the likes of powerhouses Canisius, Rider, Stonehill, Quinnipiac, St.Peter's, Sienna, Niagara, Manhattan, Marist, Iona, and Mt. Saint Mary's. Beat most of them twice.
I doubt any big time coach will come here if they are in a good situation somewhere else at this time. I just mentioned this coach because of her success at Fairfield in only her second year, and her resume of her past experience. I'm just saying, if they make a change they should have many options, not just 2 or 3 that may be on the radar of DW. For the hell of it, here is her Bio:

-recruiting coordinator at Florida under Sue Semrau.
-recruiting coordinator under Vic at Miss St, securing the two top recruiting classes in Miss St history. Been to 2 final fours with Vic and was the main coach for Victoria Vivens.
-recruiting coordinator, later elevated to Associate head coach under Lindsey Whalen at Minnesota. Recruited 2 5 star recruits for the first time in their history.
As I also mentioned before, her brother is the head coach of the Washington Mystics, and her dad is the legendary coach, Mike Thibault. She grew up as a gym rat, and being Mikes daughter she was exposed to his teaching and film and recruiting work.

I just believe she has a tremendous upside and should at least be given a look. This could be a diamond in the rough. Just saying don't dismiss her because she is a mid-major coach right now, they have to start somewhere.

Anyone else tired of Mulkey and Staley? It’s not because they win, it’s just the way they present themselves
Have been. But I'm finding Dawn much less personally annoying this year. Seems more relaxed and less sternly serious all the time. Think she felt alot of pressure last yr to get the title for that class and feels much less w the daycare she has now. Seems to be enjoying the fresh start. Definitely her apology was better and I know she'll correct her team.

Kim, just dang. She's the crazy aunt in the attic.

Have been. But I'm finding Dawn much less personally annoying this year. Seems more relaxed and less sternly serious all the time. Think she felt alot of pressure last yr to get the title for that class and feels much less w the daycare she has now. Seems to be enjoying the fresh start. Definitely her apology was better and I know she'll correct her team.

Kim, just dang. She's the crazy aunt in the attic.
This is all I see whenever Kim is on the screen

c5fe2e7d6bfdf57dad26d520568f0100.jpg

YouTube video (Ejection, swinging elbow to face knots defender flat oN her)
Western Kentucky vs Utep
Refs ejected player for swinging elbow
If they ejected player for swinging elbow when ithey hit someone face more.
Players wouldn't swinging elbow to clear space.
H,Ave you @Majors Seen that video
Think video Three week s old not sure.

YouTube video (Ejection, swinging elbow to face knots defender flat oN her)
Western Kentucky vs Utep
Refs ejected player for swinging elbow
If they ejected player for swinging elbow when ithey hit someone face more.
Players wouldn't swinging elbow to clear space.
H,Ave you @Majors Seen that video
Think video Three week s old not sure.
You’re reaching. She pushed a player, not an elbow to the face, not a punch. Possible flop depending on how you view it..she wasn’t knocked out, she didn’t leave on a stretcher, she won’t miss games due to the push.

You’re reaching. She pushed a player, not an elbow to the face, not a punch. Possible flop depending on how you view it..she wasn’t knocked out, she didn’t leave on a stretcher, she won’t miss games due to the push.
Refs review Elbow elevated fOul .
Didn't said she Would miss a game
Was talking about player's swinging elbow to clear sp,Ace
My take if elbow it's face swing to- clear space.
That player should seNt to the locker room
Like refs did in Western Kentucky vs UTEP
Know this is different from frighting.
Do you think refs did the right call in that game.
Not trying to get long debate started
Just wanted you take on what the refs did in that game?

VN Store

Back