Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

NO, he was taking a dig at the fact we didn’t get Key. Which is all good in my book because while it sucks I want players who want to give their all. Key is a REALLY good player but the fact he constantly keeps taking subtle digs at our recruits gets tiresome. Having Key MIGHT have helped but I’m not gonna say we are playing for second because we didn’t get her. That’s like saying anybody who doesn’t land Azzi is playing for a runner up spot. It’s asinine... they are really good players for sure but nobody is playing for second they all play for first.

So while you may give him, her, it a pass the LV are MY team and I can be objective and I appreciate the criticisms from other posters because there is truth in it.

So again, the post was really irrelevant. Say what you want, I will say what I want, and if you don’t like what I say you can block me. I’m not a sunshine pumper either and can deal with differing points of views. Anyone can state what they want in here but it doesn’t protect them from others speaking on it just as you did my post...
He might have been taking a dig by mentioning Key, but it wasn’t irrelevant to mention a 2021 player. That was my only point.

Idk what rock you’ve been hiding under but it happens all of the time now, kids leave. Not sure why you think SC is or will be immune to it.
The same reason you seem to think it will happen....you actually have to wait and see. Again...these girls know how this works and they all seem to be OK with "team" as opposed to "me". It's how Dawn operates and it's what they are buying into....can it change...yes...but doesn't mean it will change. Henderson sat on the bench and actually got more playing time and scored more points than the year before. Geno has been doing it for years and players transfer in...not out.....the girls want to win...but having fun is just as important....Dawn's girls have a lot of fun off the court...They post videos about themselves together all the time. It's hilarious to see how much fun they really have.

Reactions: SCspur
He might have been taking a dig by mentioning Key, but it wasn’t irrelevant to mention a 2021 player. That was my only point.

My point was mentioning a 21 player that has to deal with 20/21 and he talked about the season and losing is irrelevant. So while she is a 21 player she has nothing to do with the 20/21 season.

Ok so we will be playing for second the 21-22 season (which is not the title of the thread) and there after got it!

That’s my point. Cool proceed Rutgers 😏

They are all stars out of the gate...they remain stars through their whole careers. UCONN didn't have a mass exodus of stars and Dawn won't either. They all know the system...they all know they will get close equal time on the court. Her second teams play as many minutes as her first team and on some nights more. The entire country saw what this team did with our bench last year...and even the year Aja was a freshman, Aja was second team and played a lot. They want to win...and play. That's what Dawn knows and what she strives to do. These kids are not committing thinking they will play every minute. These girls have fun on and off the court. That's the secret....having fun and winning.

I was going to say that too.. When you have too many stars in one team, "transfer will be playing a drum for them to dance".

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
The same reason you seem to think it will happen....you actually have to wait and see. Again...these girls know how this works and they all seem to be OK with "team" as opposed to "me". It's how Dawn operates and it's what they are buying into....can it change...yes...but doesn't mean it will change. Henderson sat on the bench and actually got more playing time and scored more points than the year before. Geno has been doing it for years and players transfer in...not out.....the girls want to win...but having fun is just as important....Dawn's girls have a lot of fun off the court...They post videos about themselves together all the time. It's hilarious to see how much fun they really have.

UCONN has had plenty of transfers. At least be accurate.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I said what I said...you also can’t compare SC to UConn. You have 1 title, 1 that wouldn’t have been won if Mississippi State hadn’t knocked off UConn. I love Dawn, and what she’s building, but you SC fans are pretty delusional.

True...but that will not translate this quickly into a level to beat the top tier teams on a consistent bases. That is all I was saying. The home court advantage could make some more talented team falter but on a whole the program is not there yet. Tennessee is still behind some programs in the SEC as well as the national level. Holly gave Kellie a mixed bag to deal with and she has handled it well so far...but it's still not "her" team in the true sense.
You're correct...not until year 4 will it be totally her chosen players, but until then she can pepper in, just as she is now, the type of players she feels will get her there. That and the fact that it IS Tennessee and the name alone bring recruiting clout, it should happen at a fast pace.

I see us going 24-6 with a couple of upsets both ways as a good barometer for this year...3 more wins and advancement in: offensive punch, game management and subbing with purpose.

I said what I said...you also can’t compare SC to UConn. You have 1 title, 1 that wouldn’t have been won if Mississippi State hadn’t knocked off UConn. I love Dawn, and what she’s building, but you SC fans are pretty delusional.
So...we beat the team that beat UCONN and you say that's why we won....lol....that would not be what you would have said if Tennessee had won the same way. I never get that someone could actually say UCONN would have won had we met them instead....but Miss St. beat them. It makes no sense....That team had already changed with Coates out into a very different team. I think they were faster and more problematic without Coates. It was a better team period.

You're correct...not until year 4 will it be totally her chosen players, but until then she can pepper in, just as she is now, the type of players she feels will get her there. That and the fact that it IS Tennessee and the name alone bring recruiting clout, it should happen at a fast pace.

I see us going 24-6 with a couple of upsets both ways as a good barometer for this year...3 more wins and advancement in: offensive punch, game management and subbing with purpose.
Very doable....and the brand is entrenched in WBB....so I agree with your long term assessment.

Exactly and UConn has decades of a winning tradition. SC is not in the same class, historically, as UConn.
...and that really doesn't matter. I will use my nemesis Clemson as a prime example....they are out recruiting the blue bloods now and they had only one title before. Those traditions are important but what the programs are doing in real time is more important. The place to go in college football is Clemson and now the place to go in WBB is South Carolina....tradition be damned.

So...we beat the team that beat UCONN and you say that's why we won....lol....that would not be what you would have said if Tennessee had won the same way. I never get that someone could actually say UCONN would have won had we met them instead....but Miss St. beat them. It makes no sense....That team had already changed with Coates out into a very different team. I think they were faster and more problematic without Coates. It was a better team period.
It makes complete sense...how many times has SC beat UConn? Geno has Dawn’s number.

...and that really doesn't matter. I will use my nemesis Clemson as a prime example....they are out recruiting the blue bloods now and they had only one title before. Those traditions are important but what the programs are doing in real time is more important. The place to go in college football is Clemson and now the place to go in WBB is South Carolina....tradition be damned.
Let’s make it very clear, it’s Dawn and staff, not because it’s SC. If Dawn leave, SC goes back to where they were. I believe the same thing will happen to Mississippi State now they Vic is gone.

Let’s make it very clear, it’s Dawn and staff, not because it’s SC. If Dawn leave, SC goes back to where they were. I believe the same thing will happen to Mississippi State now they Vic is gone.

We should know this isn't true, given how well Holly recruited once Pat stepped down. If a school continues to win, they will continue to get the top recruits.

You are saying that as a fact...you have no clue what would happen if or when Dawn left. The fan base and her pay at 2M makes it a dream job for any coach. I would not even suggest that either that would happen, or that Miss St will not be as good....you make a lot of assumptions.

It makes complete sense...how many times has SC beat UConn? Geno has Dawn’s number.
Geno had better players. He even said that at the end of the game when UCONN lost this season. He said.."We always had the better players and this year they had the better players." He admitted that and you want to spin it as "he had her number"...that is you being disingenuous!

Geno had better players. He even said that at the end of the game when UCONN lost this season. He said.."We always had the better players and this year they had the better players." He admitted that and you want to spin it as "he had her number"...that is you being disingenuous!
That Geno....playing the game...lol.

Yes more talent but better coaching too. Equal talent I’d take UConn.

Rutgers will kick both teams asses if they were playing next year.....lol.

Dawn is 1-7 against Geno. I would say that he had her number too.

If that’s what you believe, then you believe that they would have beaten SC in the championship game had they gotten past Miss State. Can’t have it both ways...either hypotheticals are allowed or they’re not.

VN Store

Back