Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

You obviously disagree with Kara Lawson’s quote about Geno as a “great” coach. “Great coaches do more with less. He does more with more.”

Exactly..u got it. He can coach and beat everyone with atleast 4 to 5 stars in his team, otherwise, he's not gona win. U saw Kim won with that team, no way Geno could win with that kind of team.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
from a St Louis Post Dispatch article on remarks from the SEC Commissioner

In his opening statement to kick off SEC football media days at Nashville’s Grand Hyatt, Sankey never directly referenced the state of Missouri’s newly signed bill that addresses name, image and likeness. But he clearly alluded to the legislation that becomes law next month.

Sankey and his fellow conference commissioners long for national NIL standards instead of the current patchwork of regulations that vary from state to state, including some of the nation’s most liberal NIL laws in SEC states Arkansas, Missouri and Texas.

Missouri’s new NIL law, , allows Missouri high school athletes to earn endorsement money when they sign with in-state college programs and also clears the path for Mizzou’s in-house fundraising department to directly pay MU athletes for NIL purposes. Most alarming to some, Missouri’s law, like others in SEC states, prohibits the NCAA and conferences from investigating or penalizing Missouri colleges on matters related to NIL.

“The reality is our student-athletes deserve something better than a patchwork of state laws that support their name, image, and likeness activities, if support is the right word,” Sankey said here Monday. “Our student-athletes deserve something better than a race to the bottom at the state legislature level, as the efforts are made to create what are perceived as a competitive edge through state laws that are not overseen.

what is the likelyhood that the States with SEC teams are going to coordinate a unified approach to applying NIL funds to ensure equality?

First time I guess ever that I have see UConn almost be full of scholarships for 2024 already. I think they have two maybe three open slots and they will have a roster of 15 something I've never seen there.
Gandy is our second 2025 recruit. We still have only two for 2024, hoping on Sarah Strong. BTW, one of our freshmen, Jana ElAlfy from Egypt is the leading vote getter for the U19 World Cup MVP. Averaging 26 pt a game, with the last against China 38 points and 18 rebounds. She will fight with Ice Brady to start alongside Aaliyah Edwards.

Gandy is our second 2025 recruit. We still have only two for 2024, hoping on Sarah Strong. BTW, one of our freshmen, Jana ElAlfy from Egypt is the leading vote getter for the U19 World Cup MVP. Averaging 26 pt a game, with the last against China 38 points and 18 rebounds. She will fight with Ice Brady to start alongside Aaliyah Edwards.

Once the USA wins the gold pretty sure that honor is going to go to Joyce Edwards she has been balling out 🇺🇸

What’s the latest with strong? I see she is visiting NC St and LSU this fall

What’s the latest with strong? I see she is visiting NC St and LSU this fall

everyone thinks they have an inside track with Strong which means no one knows. I understand Geno is looking for 2 of Strong Carlton or Berry to finish out the recruiting.
First time I guess ever that I have see UConn almost be full of scholarships for 2024 already. I think they have two maybe three open slots and they will have a roster of 15 something I've never seen there.
UConn has 13 for 24 and looking for 2 more (strong, Carlton, Berry). Then 11 for 25 and 9 for 26. They have changed their approach in recent years. They used to offer late in the cycle but have been Offering very early. "The Big O" has already had 2 unofficial visits for 27.

Thats a bit presumptuous at this time. She is the Leading point scorer but she is averaging twice as many minutes as anyone on the US team
What does that have to do with it? I did not say anything about points. The Egypt team would be nothing without her. I'm sure if she was a LVOL freshman you would be whistling a different tune. My concern right now is she injured her leg in the second quarter and was taken off the court in a wheelchair. If this is the beginning of another #%&* season, well, I don't know how I would feel. Actually, I do but I can't say it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back