Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

FrwWDlgWYAAUibh
Down to 4 players ?
love watching caitlin clark play

@youcancallmeAl What is your spin on the next round of the Lady’s tourney? You see any upsets?

Rooster, the only time I make sports predictions is when I have the Racing Form in my hands and then I put money on it. But I almost always lose said money, so If I can't predict horses with all that information at my disposal, I know I have no chance at predicting performance of human beings. I typically only follow UT closely, and tend to be more or less unaware of most other teams. Sorry but you wouldn't benefit from whatever I might think.

I hope all those higher seeds in the LV's way fall, tho.

Ok. This is just disrespect for Coach Yo's Ole Miss defense. Louisville has not been that good this year and I see Ole Miss shutting down Van Lith. Louisville goes as Van Lith goes and with a week to prepare, Ole Miss will shut her down. Pelton has it right. Louisville will be lucky to hit the 50 point mark in this game.
(8) Ole Miss vs. (5) Louisville

Seattle 4: Friday (10 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Adelson: Louisville
Creme: Louisville
Pelton: Ole Miss
Philippou: Louisville
Voepel: Louisville

Ok. This is just disrespect for Coach Yo's Ole Miss defense. Louisville has not been that good this year and I see Ole Miss shutting down Van Lith. Louisville goes as Van Lith goes and with a week to prepare, Ole Miss will shut her down. Pelton has it right. Louisville will be lucky to hit the 50 point mark in this game.
(8) Ole Miss vs. (5) Louisville

Seattle 4: Friday (10 p.m. ET, ESPN)
Adelson: Louisville
Creme: Louisville
Pelton: Ole Miss
Philippou: Louisville
Voepel: Louisville

Dak, I feel good about Ole Miss's chances, too. We both could be nuts, but other than Tennessee, they are also giving off a bigtime "we are on a mission" vibe, and I believe them. Win or lose, the Rebels have had an amazing season and I am happy for the program. Sure would love to see them get at least one more win, though!

I can't remember if it was raIsed on here or not, but I read a comment, after the interaction between Van lith of Louisville and the Texas player, questioning whether it was time to do away with the traditional "handshake" line. This kind of occurrence certainly strengthens the argument for doing that! My personal preference would be for teaching more respect and accountability to the present student-athletes in general.

Jim

I can't remember if it was raIsed on here or not, but I read a comment, after the interaction between Van lith of Louisville and the Texas player, questioning whether it was time to do away with the traditional "handshake" line. This kind of occurrence certainly strengthens the argument for doing that! My personal preference would be for teaching more respect and accountability to the present student-athletes in general.

Jim

I can see reasons for keeping it and for getting rid of it. Seems to me there are far more positive interactions than negative ones, though. When friends get to hug. When the winning coach consoles a distraught kid on the losing team and gives them encoraging words. I'd miss seeing those things, for sure.

I can see reasons for keeping it and for getting rid of it. Seems to me there are far more positive interactions than negative ones, though. When friends get to hug. When the winning coach consoles a distraught kid on the losing team and gives them encoraging words. I'd miss seeing those things, for sure.
This. While these unfortunate situations have happened and caused problems, most of the time you just see either a quick blow by or actual friends seeing and hugging one another.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I’m glad this is not being overlooked. Shutes is a senior, so maybe this is her last game, and she wasn’t worried about her team status. Parents shouldn’t have to worry about their daughters being sucker punched in the face by a basketball opponent. Of course, if she were on the Alabama football team, assault is overlooked.

Jim
How can you teach them without putting them in positions where they are supposed to be respectful and accountable? Maybe they can start tweeting good game rather than shaking hands too. Young adults need to be better than this.

Jim

Last night, a Memphis player punched a Bowling Green player in the handshake line.

I sure thought this Miami v. Nova game would be closer than it has been so far. I picked the Canes to win because they are quicker overall and have a better inside game, but I am surprised Nova is getting curb-stomped.

Reactions: travis929

VN Store

Back