Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

You do realize he died almost 200 years ago? Stop this.

You can’t equate antiquated values and what was accepted in the 17 and 1800s to today. Asinine.

I don’t think having bi-racial nieces and nephews automatically makes her non-racist, but it certainly doesn’t put her in the same boat as 200 year old slave owner. Christ.

Don't have any clue about Pingeton herself, but Missouri has MAJOR, well documented issues going on with regards to race throughout the entire university and athletic programs.

Don't have any clue about Pingeton herself, but Missouri has MAJOR, well documented issues going on with regards to race throughout the entire university and athletic programs.

Yes, that’s a known fact. It’s not fair to lump someone in with that when we do not know the situation. Branding her a racist is totally uncalled for without any documentation.

Thomas Jefferson had biracial children. Stop this.
Ajiah Blackwell actions led to the treatment and punishments she has received, not the action of Robin Pingeton. Robin Pingeton had Ajiah on a pedestal as a freshman as the next best player in the SEC and fawned over her.

Reactions: VolBall09
Ajiah Blackwell actions led to the treatment and punishments she has received, not the action of Robin Pingeton. Robin Pingeton had Ajiah on a pedestal as a freshman as the next best player in the SEC and fawned over her.

Ok…

You do realize he died almost 200 years ago? Stop this.

You can’t equate antiquated values and what was accepted in the 17 and 1800s to today. Asinine.

I don’t think having bi-racial nieces and nephews automatically makes her non-racist, but it certainly doesn’t put her in the same boat as 200 year old slave owner. Christ.

I didn’t say it does but it’s just as apples and oranges an example as having biracial nieces or nephews. So don’t tell me to “stop this”.

Thanks you.

Looks to me like some of these coaches are planning to build their roster with transfers for next season. They had better get with it though.

Baylor is a team I am looking at and scratching my head. They lose so much this season and they just aren’t replacing it at the same level. They have a decent class but she cannot replace all those seniors with freshman. So far no portal commitments from them but only one transfer out.

Minnesota is another team. They have lost pretty much all of their quality players to the portal but have not replaced any of them. Really think they need to make a coaching change. Gonna be hard for them to fire their programs best player, but it’s gonna have to happen.

Ole Miss is another team I look at and can’t figure where they are headed. They are losing way more than they are gaining from the portal at this point. I commented several times this season that Yo has a bunch of redundant players. She has about 6 combo guards who play exactly the same and are the same size. If she’s counting on Puckett or Kitchens to come back and be their post they are in for a world of hurt next season. She was so confident about her portal recruiting, but looks to me like people have cooled off on that situation. Thought they had a lot of drama last off season. Players quitting and coming back etc. just not the environment most are looking for. Don’t think Austin really loved it there either. She certainly hasn’t made any comments that would help her former program attract another big name like her.

Last edited:
I have no idea why I bother responding to you. Yeah, sure. When Mimi suits up and plays for NCST next season, then it's a conspiracy that no one noticed.

To be fair you both were right. One time transfers do not have to sit out which is what he said . BUT, she graduated. I guess the part that was missing is that she is a graduate transfer which has its own set of rules. So yes she is a transfer but she is a graduate transfer @sisaq

Does mimi only have a year or is it two ?

Last edited:
To be fair you both were right. One time transfers do not have to sit out which is what he said . BUT, she graduated. I guess the part that was missing is that she is a graduate transfer which has its own set of rules. So yes she is a transfer but she is a graduate transfer @sisaq

two, because she sat out the year after leaving us

🙏 🙏

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Not quite, but close enough for government work I suppose....

"
@Amb3096 said:
Why would she sit out? She's a grad transfer.

@sisaq said:
The rule says first time transfer plays immediately. 2nd transfer sit out. "

@Amb3096 clearly made the grad transfer situation his answer. Which was correct of course. Only one of those two knew the difference.

Last edited:
Not quite, but close enough for government work I suppose....

"
@Amb3096 said:
Why would she sit out? She's a grad transfer.

@sisaq said:
The rule says first time transfer plays immediately. 2nd transfer sit out. "

Amb clearly made the grad transfer situation his answer. Which was correct of course. Only one of those two knew the difference.

I missed that he said graduate transfer and knowing that @sisaq has admittedly said his English isn't the best I was saying where he might have gotten caught up. So my bad and being the fact i know many government workers making 6 figures im in the wrong line of work if that's the case.

Again my bad, thanks for clearing that up. Now back to enjoying our beautiful first round pick yesterday 😍 i am just catching up on all the congratulations for Rae 🎉 🎉🎉

I missed that he said graduate transfer and knowing that @sisaq has admittedly said his English isn't the best I was saying where he might have gotten caught up. So my bad and being the fact i know many government workers making 6 figures im in the wrong line of work if that's the case.

Again my bad, thanks for clearing that up. Now back to enjoying our beautiful first round pick yesterday 😍 i am just catching up on all the congratulations for Rae 🎉 🎉🎉
No worries Va, 2022-23 season will be one for the ages I think, I am as excited as you are about the increased exposure on WBB now and tbh I wouldn’t doubt any possible outcome for the LV’s next season, they will be elite. I am anxious to see the final schedules for next season, there can’t be more than 1-2 conference losses for UT and depending on the OOC schedule y’all likely looking at a top 5 type team and a #1 seed for the big dance imo. SC and UT will both be wanting the #1 seed in the Greenville regional.

I had an interesting thought the other day when thinking on next season rosters for both the LV’s and Lady GC’s.

SC loses Henderson at PG and replaces her with Fletcher who is very similar to Powell in all ways. Fletcher will be a downgrade from Henderson at PG and Powell will be an upgrade at UT for the PG position. Advantage LV’s since they are upgrading And SC taking a step back from Henny.

SC returns their other 4 starters, and UT loses Dye and Rae. Seemingly in SC favor…. But UT replaces with Jackson and gets a healthy Horston back, so I probably call push there since Jackson was leading the conference in scoring and my thought is that whomever takes that final spot in the starting lineup for UT, whether it be Puckett or perhaps JoJo or possibly Pissot, it looks kinda like a push overall. Maybe even slight advantage to UT with Jackson, though Saxton coming back seems like a push.

Benches will be the decider. And also if UT still works the portal, which I think they will for a nice post player. Gonna be an epic year. I see the the UT/SC matchup tight as hell. Having Boston back one more season makes me lean SC ever so slightly based upon experience all around but I am a homer of course.

Can you imagine the game atmosphere when they meet next season? Gonna be off the charts. Has to be great for the game. As for OOC opponents that will be involved in the race for #1 seeds, I think UNC from the ACC is going to be worthy, perhaps Indiana, maybe Iowa, it’s early, but UT and SC might both get #1 seeds. Stanford cannot replace Lexi, UConn looks like Edwards is all they have in the post, unless Jhorka comes back strong, but still, they will have to be a perimeter team that cannot rebound with the elites, I never count them out though.

Last edited:
I had an interesting thought the other day when thinking on next season rosters for both the LV’s and Lady GC’s.

SC loses Henderson at PG and replaces her with Fletcher who is very similar to Powell in all ways. Fletcher will be a downgrade from Henderson at PG and Powell will be an upgrade at UT for the PG position. Advantage LV’s since they are upgrading And SC taking a step back from Henny.

SC returns their other 4 starters, and UT loses Dye and Rae. Seemingly in SC favor…. But UT replaces with Jackson and gets a healthy Horston back, so I probably call push there since Jackson was leading the conference in scoring and my thought is that whomever takes that final spot in the starting lineup for UT, whether it be Puckett or perhaps JoJo or possibly Pissot, it looks kinda like a push overall. Maybe even slight advantage to UT with Jackson, though Saxton coming back seems like a push.

Benches will be the decider. And also if UT still works the portal, which I think they will for a nice post player. Gonna be an epic year. I see the the UT/SC matchup tight as hell. Having Boston back one more season makes me lean SC ever so slightly based upon experience all around but I am a homer of course.

Can you imagine the game atmosphere when they meet next season? Gonna be off the charts. Has to be great for the game. As for OOC opponents that will be involved in the race for #1 seeds, I think UNC from the ACC is going to be worthy, perhaps Indiana, maybe Iowa, it’s early, but UT and SC might both get #1 seeds. Stanford cannot replace Lexi, UConn looks like Edwards is all they have in the post, unless Jhorka comes back strong, but still, they will have to be a perimeter team that cannot rebound with the elites, I never count them out though.

I’m excited for the matchup as well. Nice post rooster, thanks for the compliments and analysis. Love it.

Should be some really great basketball played by both teams.

Reactions: lvocd and Rooster1

VN Store

Back