Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Hard to say Amb, maybe the Saxton news wasn’t taken well?
I wonder if Dawn had the option to tell Victaria no?

In any event, she'd be better off having Victaria as a mentor to the young players vs. putting in big minutes...kind of like what Lele did this season.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
I wonder if Dawn had the option to tell Victaria no?

In any event, she'd be better off having Victaria as a mentor to the young players vs. putting in big minutes...kind of like what Lele did this season.
In an interview, Jordan Walker said it was a no brainer in her mind to come back, but had to consult the coaches. Said she was very happy they said yes. Don't know if the situations and eligibility are the same, but Walker definitely could have been told no.

I think Walker will fill the mentor role for the LVs, be the Keyen of next years team, minus the injury. Great opportunity for Future Coach Walker to learn on the job. I'm sure her role next year was discussed and agreed upon and was sealed with a kiss when they brilliantly sent Walker to be the player/hostess for Powell's visit. Powell said that signaled immediately there would not be drama and was a big factor for her decision. I think she and Jackson just want one season away from craptastic drama.

Great start for KJH on managing the portal madness.

Why would Dawn tell Saxton no? She's the better player?
Thinking less from the standpoint of placating Amihere (she's gone after next year anyway), but more about Cardoso, Watkins and Feagin. With Saxton coming back, there will be limited minutes to go around and Feagin in particular may not want to spend another year sitting on the bench. SC will need her once Boston and Co. graduate, so she's a player they probably can't afford to lose.

Thinking less from the standpoint of placating Amihere (she's gone after next year anyway), but more about Cardoso, Watkins and Feagin. With Saxton coming back, there will be limited minutes to go around and Feagin in particular may not want to spend another year sitting on the bench. SC will need her once Boston and Co. graduate, so she's a player they probably can't afford to lose.

Feagin, Cardoso, and Watkins knew when they signed that minutes would be scarce until Boston/Amihere/Saxton were gone anyway so don’t really see where this news would affect them. Amihere is the main One affected by Saxton. At this point Saxton is the better player. I love LA and hope she sticks around but Understand if she doesn’t. Im sure Dawn will do everything she can to keep Feagin And one thing Dawn will do is be honest With them…and their parents.

In an interview, Jordan Walker said it was a no brainer in her mind to come back, but had to consult the coaches. Said she was very happy they said yes. Don't know if the situations and eligibility are the same, but Walker definitely could have been told no.

I think Walker will fill the mentor role for the LVs, be the Keyen of next years team, minus the injury. Great opportunity for Future Coach Walker to learn on the job. I'm sure her role next year was discussed and agreed upon and was sealed with a kiss when they brilliantly sent Walker to be the player/hostess for Powell's visit. Powell said that signaled immediately there would not be drama and was a big factor for her decision. I think she and Jackson just want one season away from craptastic drama.

Great start for KJH on managing the portal madness.
So excited Keyen and JoJo were at the coaching seminar! 20 years from now….who knows??!

Feagin, Cardoso, and Watkins knew when they signed that minutes would be scarce until Boston/Amihere/Saxton were gone anyway so don’t really see where this news would affect them. Amihere is the main One affected by Saxton. At this point Saxton is the better player. I love LA and hope she sticks around but Understand if she doesn’t. Im sure Dawn will do everything she can to keep Feagin.

I get them stepping in once they leave but it makes a difference when you think you may play and then boom you wait a year again.

Feagin would play immediately back in GA

I get them stepping in once they leave but it makes a difference when you think you may play and then boom you wait a year again.

Feagin would play immediately back in GA

‘Feagin was starting to get more minutes toward the end of the year. She wasn’t expecting to start until those 3 were gone anyway so don’t really get your point. She would start at a lot of programs - they all would. We will see. Dawn is doing her end of the year stuff now so we should hear something from many of them soon.

‘Feagin was starting to get more minutes toward the end of the year. She wasn’t expecting to start until those 3 were gone anyway so don’t really get your point. She would start at a lot of programs - they all would. We will see. Dawn is doing her end of the year stuff now so we should hear something from many of them soon.

My point is I wonder if Feagin was thinking she'd get a year to learn then play. This year was special and everyone accepted their roles. Part of that was because some players were new. Now they are a year into the system and i could see her or Cordosa wanting more playing time. If saxton is out and you play Boston at the 4 like Dawn did against TN that's taking away those minutes.

Regardless not TN problem we have depth and doesn't even look like we are done in the portal either.

Anyways, that was my point just to be clear.

Feagin, Cardoso, and Watkins knew when they signed that minutes would be scarce until Boston/Amihere/Saxton were gone anyway so don’t really see where this news would affect them. Amihere is the main One affected by Saxton. At this point Saxton is the better player. I love LA and hope she sticks around but Understand if she doesn’t. Im sure Dawn will do everything she can to keep Feagin And one thing Dawn will do is be honest With them…and their parents.

How is Amihere effected? She gets plenty of minutes. Especially if she is playing well. I don't know if starting is something that is important to her or not. If so Dawn could always start her at the point and move her around during the game. Amihere is already projected to get drafted in the first round. I would be shock if she transferred. Then again, I don't know her relationship with Saxton and if Saxton this decision caught her off guard. I know she is still on Instagram celebrating the championship and seems to be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: tchristensen22
Just saw this post from Amihere. Very cryptic. @Rooster1 , what do you think?

It was her testimony for remaining strong after two acl tears. I think she did it a day or two after the national championship. Pretty incredible determination from her to remain strong after all that. I think she will start and Feagin will get a lot of minutes. Saxton is only coming back to continue to lead and sure up a couple things in her offensive game so I doubt she gets more than 12 minutes a game.

Just saw this post from Amihere. Very cryptic. @Rooster1 , what do you think?

Personally I don't see anything cryptic at all. She is deeply religious. She has made plenty of post like this in the past. She is thinking the Lord for the platform she has. Looks like she is giving a speech or a lecture to a group. I could be wrong, but it looks like LA being LA.

It was her testimony for remaining strong after two acl tears. I think she did it a day or two after the national championship. Pretty incredible determination from her to remain strong after all that. I think she will start and Feagin will get a lot of minutes. Saxton is only coming back to continue to lead and sure up a couple things in her offensive game so I doubt she gets more than 12 minutes a game.

I agree with everything you said but Saxton will get more than 12 minutes. Especially since she is coming back to better her game and increase her draft stock. Amihere is already projected as a first rounder. LA can be moved around so she will get her minutes as well.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
She didn’t have to… Pat was white and how many black head coaches were there? Pat’s dad told her to do what? And she went out and got who? You can be biracial all day and still have issues with recognizing why what Dawn’s doing is important. I do agree it’s important to see representation where you are and to play where you are accepted and embraced not just tolerated for skillset. White coaches can do this including Kellie and I think she does it well but then you have Pingeton who apparently has different ways that she treats her white stars vs her black stars… and a lot of time the tougher treatment is due to thinking black bodies can take more physically and emotionally.
You do remember Pingetons nieces are Bi-racial and played for her, right?

if Dawn is going to try and showcase her game she is going to play more than 12 minutes a game. She allows aliyah boston to be aliyah boston. Aliyah is really good on her own but they team up so well.

The last time SC had a transfer guard from GT Dawn won a national championship. I believe Kaela Davis is still playing for Atlanta.
Kaela has not played in the WNBA for about 3 years now she was singed on a training camp contract by Chicago a few weeks ago but her making the team is pretty slim.

Thomas Jefferson had biracial children. Stop this.

You do realize he died almost 200 years ago? Stop this.

You can’t equate antiquated values and what was accepted in the 17 and 1800s to today. Asinine.

I don’t think having bi-racial nieces and nephews automatically makes her non-racist, but it certainly doesn’t put her in the same boat as 200 year old slave owner. Christ.

VN Store

Back