Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Sorry y'all, who ended up taking the coaching spot at MSST?

Doug Novak. He was only just hired Oct 12 as associate head coach. He’s now their interim head coach. Most recent stop was as HC at Division III Bethel College.

Seemed like a strange hire to me to start with and now he’s their head coach…

Doug Novak. He was only just hired Oct 12 as associate head coach. He’s now their interim head coach. Most recent stop was as HC at Division III Bethel College.

Strange hire for sure, but I hope for the sake of the players that he turns out to be a terrific hire.

Looking at the MSST exhibition box score I think they’re in trouble in the SEC. The loss of Carter will be their undoing. They do not have a center than can compete in the SEC. They could barely compete against Miss College.

Not sure how you were able to ascertain that (or much of anything) from a near 50 point win and +20 rebounding edge. Looks like the big they got from St. Johns played reasonably well...

Not sure how you were able to ascertain that (or much of anything) from a near 50 point win and +20 rebounding edge. Looks like the big they got from St. Johns played reasonably well...

It’s not gonna cut it. Promise. Farley will get wolled around in SEC play. She wasn’t a very effective rebounder at St. John’s.

Agreed.

He was a great tennis player here at UT. Apparently Pat thought he was a pretty good coach:

"He has had coaching legend Pat Summitt watch his practices. He has guided Anderson University to a Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Association championship. He has played collegiate tennis at Tennessee."

I could see them having some major recruiting issues. His assistant hire also had zero ties to women's basketball as a former NBA assistant.

Reactions: VolBall09
Agreed.

He was a great tennis player here at UT. Apparently Pat thought he was a pretty good coach:

"He has had coaching legend Pat Summitt watch his practices. He has guided Anderson University to a Carolinas-Virginia Athletic Association championship. He has played collegiate tennis at Tennessee."

I could see them having some major recruiting issues. His assistant hire also had zero ties to women's basketball as a former NBA assistant.

Just really odd situation all around. I knew he had a UT connection but wasn’t sure what. Thanks for that quote!

I’m guessing that’s how Nikki knew him?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Key needs a post player coach a former post player someone like a lisa leslie C. Parker ect someone that was a good offensive post player. Some that can teach her. She really to have a turnaround jump shot or a face up game.

Wow, was really expecting her to be a lock for Connecticut. Good pickup for UCLA!
A lot of UConn fans are scratching their heads. I don't know of any that expected her to sign with UConn, especially because of their stuffed roster. Everything I read on the UConn boards had her headed to Stanford.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back