Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

ever since Burrell has gone down so has my confidence in this team winning against Top 5 opponents🙃 I’d really wanna be riven wrong but if you win big games you gotta score more points

But don't worry. You said against too 5 opponents and Ind was #8 so the LV should be good right ?😉🤣

All jokes aside i feel you losing l Burrell is a big blow. But hopefully she can get back this year. Also, I expected this team to be better at the end of the season than the beginning so my vision is still the same in a sense.

But don't worry. You said against too 5 opponents and Ind was #8 so the LV should be good right ?😉🤣

All jokes aside i feel you losing l Burrell is a big blow. But hopefully she can get back this year. Also, I expected this team to be better at the end of the season than the beginning so my vision is still the same in a sense.

Indiana looked like top 5 to me but after their starting 5 it’s a huge drop off and that might come to bite them as the season progresses but we already beat this exact Indiana team so it’s all good😎

Wouldn't get to caught up in Stanford losing a game like this early. They lost to Colorado last season one of the worst teams in the Pac 12 and were Champions when all is said and done. We will see teams get better as the season progresses. Teams will get worse and some will stay the same.

Last edited:
Are coaches required to wear a mask this season. I don't think they are. Vince Schaefer set a new style for wearing a mask yesterday. Below his chin, hanging from his ear, wrapped around his head. very seldom did I ever see it cover his nose and mouth.

Are coaches required to wear a mask this season. I don't think they are. Vince Schaefer set a new style for wearing a mask yesterday. Below his chin, hanging from his ear, wrapped around his head. very seldom did I ever see it cover his nose and mouth.
Don’t think so Kellie wasn’t wearing hers at all

ever since Burrell has gone down so has my confidence in this team winning against Top 5 opponents🙃 I’d really wanna be proven wrong but if you wanna win big games you gotta score more points

True, but I believe every one on our team is playing harder than they might have needed to play when Rae was in the game, which can only make a lot of players improve more quickly. It was always a temptation to just wait for Rae to score, now they gotta do it themselves. Rae will have much more help when she comes back, than when she left, which is a good thing. 🙂

I watched the UK-Ind replay. UK has Howard and freshman Jada Walker will do well in SEC play but they don’t have the balance, size or depth necessary to be a title contender. Ind can score from all 5 positions and could make the FF depending on matchups. I was impressed with how well they hit the easy shot and don’t over complicate things to use Kellie’s saying.

As for Stanford-TX, Vic just gets the most out of his players. I was impressed with freshman post Moore and PG Harmon, who put on a clinic on pull up jumpers. Matharu saved the day and TX will be tough because they have speed, size and are committed to defense. I’m not too worried about Stanford because they won’t shoot 4/27 from 3 often but they do miss Williams at PG and seem to still be figuring it out. I’m sure they may have a different starting 5 and rotation by tournament time.

Overall, I enjoyed both games and it’s nice to see freshmen guards making such big impacts early for their respective teams.

Poffenbarger at UConn in the portal. She graduated high school early, joined them mid-season last year. This year out for sundry injuries. Talented, but end of the bench, so far.
Don't think she has played at all this year.

She played a total of 12 minutes last year.

Was ranked ~30 in the 2021 class.

Last edited:
Indiana looked like top 5 to me but after their starting 5 it’s a huge drop off and that might come to bite them as the season progresses but we already beat this exact Indiana team so it’s all good😎

I know you were being facetious, but your post did prompt me to go back to last year's box score to compare players then and now for both teams. We are a way different team now compared to who we were for that game against Indiana last season, while Indiana IS a nearly identical team except a year more experienced playing together and more obviously cohesive because of it.

The Hoosier team that drilled Kentucky yesterday is the same one from last year that excelled. Our team looks way different from last year's team.

Attachments

• BFD17B27-2DBF-4330-8D2D-3DA59C8C54DF.png
    BFD17B27-2DBF-4330-8D2D-3DA59C8C54DF.png
    263.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 6296A4E9-357A-479C-979C-E1E4665C99B4.png
    6296A4E9-357A-479C-979C-E1E4665C99B4.png
    266.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Volfan2012
I know you were being facetious, but your post did prompt me to go back to last year's box score to compare players then and now for both teams. We are a way different team now compared to who we were for that game against Indiana last season, while Indiana IS a nearly identical team except a year more experienced playing together and more obviously cohesive because of it.

The Hoosier team that drilled Kentucky yesterday is the same one from last year that excelled. Our team looks way different from last year's team.
Yes I know we are a completely different team and Indiana literally brought back everyone else from last season

Why in the portal now makes no sense it’s too late for teams to pick you up🤔
Some of them lose total interest in still having to practice hard and then sit on the bench for two hours. She can find a new home sit to next season and have a lot less to do. She is from Maryland wonder if you know who is on the prowl.

Last year when we played them caught them on a very bad three point shooting day for them. Then in the third quarter I believe Burrell went off and Davis brought it home. It was a high point for us to win on their court. I thought they might owe us a game in Knoxville guess not.

Last year when we played them caught them on a very bad three point shooting day for them. Then in the third quarter I believe Burrell went off and Davis brought it home. It was a high point for us to win on their court. I thought they might owe us a game in Knoxville guess not.
Yeah Rennia scored nearly all the points in the 4th completely took over like she did vs South Carolina …I really miss her if only she hadn’t gotten injured what could’ve been

Reactions: dapeak
Freshman PG Walker for Kentucky is a player. Leading scorer with 12 pts at the half

Indiana leading 38-32 after a midcourt 3 by Berger at the buzzer.

Remember i posted about her when i saw her HS team win the Nike Tournament of Champions in Brooklyn NY

Reactions: Amb3096
Zero surprise re: Poffenberger. She can see Bueckers, Fudd, Ducharme, Muhland Patterson ahead of her on the depth chart next year and that doesn't include this year with Westbrook/Williams still there. She's likely looking for a school to transfer to for the 2nd semester...maybe with a chance to play this year. Her other finalists were Oregon, Maryland, Missouri, Tennessee and Oklahoma...so maybe she'll give the LVs another look.

I'm more surprised by the fact that Mir McLean has decided to waste yet another year of college eligibility as a Husky cheerleader.

VN Store

Back