Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Agree Vandersloot has passed Sue and should be the PG for the next Olympic team. And should have been Finals MVP.
yeah I also felt Sloot made a very strong case for Finals MVP always has sense of plays seconds before they happen. Candace was mad at her after the game because she didnt let anybody know she was 1 rebound shy of a Triple - double yesterday which would have put her in a elite group of players in that category in the Finals.....she talked about how she wasnt highly recruited in High school and glad Gonzaga (now Oregon coach) gave her chance

Agree Vandersloot has passed Sue and should be the PG for the next Olympic team. And should have been Finals MVP.
Not gonna happen. Sloot plays under a different flag for Olympics/World Competitions (Hungary, maybe?). USA Basketball has no idea how to build a succession plan. When you keep trotting out the same players year after year after year for the Olympics, then the younger players that should be the future of USA basketball will make their own plans...like Courtney did and Becky Hammon before her.

@djtee I got you covered "This will be a great pick up for Kim and LSU" šŸ˜‚

All jokes aside this girl can ball and she will help them. Coming off an injury is why she is under ranked.

Thanks and yes she can ball i like the pickup for LSU she will make them a much better team she arrives.

Not gonna happen. Sloot plays under a different flag for Olympics/World Competitions (Hungary, maybe?). USA Basketball has no idea how to build a succession plan. When you keep trotting out the same players year after year after year for the Olympics, then the younger players that should be the future of USA basketball will make their own plans...like Courtney did and Becky Hammon before her.
Exactly, it will be very interesting to see how the next team is constructed.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Same with womenā€™s soccer team.

Need to go young no one over the age of 28-29 should even be considered. Gotta build a team for 2 cycles.

My money is on Skylar, Sabrina and Kelsey Plum getting a long, hard solid look. Skylar is getting older, but the next Olympics will be her opportunity to be the team leader...unless they trot out Sue and Diana again :rolleyes:

My money is on Skylar, Sabrina and Kelsey Plum getting a long, hard solid look. Skylar is getting older, but the next Olympics will be her opportunity to be the team leader...unless they trot out Sue and Diana again :rolleyes:
Sur and DT are done. I can easily see those 3 guards for sure if healthy. 3 very good choices.

Don't be surprised if you see DT again for sure, Sue is done but I think DT tries her best to be there at the next one and I don't see the committee being bold enough to tell her know. Interesting you didn't have Chelsea Gray returning and don't count out Paige, wont that be her rookie year in the league?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back