Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

If she hadn’t gotten dismissed abosolutely!

Sounded like inmates..(if u didn't arrest me) oh its never my fault. Players knows the rules and Intentionally violates it just to get kick out. Just like those parents who blames the juvenile department for their child wrong doing.

Reactions: brassie
Looks like we were not a finalist. Did we even recruit her?

Good question Rickster ! and my answer i don`t think so ? But i could be wrong just got back from a VA and NC had a chance to watch some players in the 22-23 class. But her name came up a lot and her stock is on the rise, Because she is in top shape now and now knows how to use her skills. Note she was being recruited by the likes of Uconn, Louisville, State, and more because she has the skills to be a dominant player at her position at the next level.

Athletes in fall/winter sports like, football and basketball, would face a May 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal. Spring athletes would have a July 1 deadline in order to gain immediate eligibility.

No more players can enter the transfer portal after today. It would mean sitting out if they decided to transfer after today.

Athletes in fall/winter sports like, football and basketball, would face a May 1 deadline to enter the transfer portal. Spring athletes would have a July 1 deadline in order to gain immediate eligibility.

No more players can enter the transfer portal after today. It would mean sitting out if they decided to transfer after today.

Good 👍 NCAA needs to set it bk to sit out

Last edited:
Speaking of Geno lol haha he sure did say Dawn was on the committee and had a voice about Nneka 🤣 Geno said if i was getting the blame so are you haha

1. USA basketball could put three teams out there and probably win gold, silver, and bronze because of the talent pool. 2. they screwed Nneka O and should be ashamed because of her commitment not just on the court but in her professional duties. 3. if she was continually told to wait her turn why didn’t they do that to another player? Who you ask (and no it’s not because she is from uconn ... naphesia collier) ... but look at her stats someone would say and i agree but in reality having her wait another cycle where she is (27 and could go for the next two to three). 4. Nneka is the only MVP to not make an olympic team oh but wait she was THE MVP for the freaking USA during the world championships. We won’t even talk about the injury talking point because we all know DT is back to playing but had a cracked sternum.

This leads me to the 3x3 which is a team made up of Stephanie Dolson (uconn), Kelsey plum (washington), Katie Lou Samuelson (uconn), and Allisha Gray (SC). if you wanted to bring naphesia into the fray replace Katie Lou with naphesia collier to get her in on the pool. Also, get Sabrina Ionescu in the mix she could have easily made the roster of Arike O who would thrive in this situation.

Geno defends U.S. roster amid Ogwumike snub

Speaking of Geno lol haha he sure did say Dawn was on the committee and had a voice about Nneka 🤣 Geno said if i was getting the blame so are you haha

1. USA basketball could put three teams out there and probably win gold, silver, and bronze because of the talent pool. 2. they screwed Nneka O and should be ashamed because of her commitment not just on the court but in her professional duties. 3. if she was continually told to wait her turn why didn’t they do that to another player? Who you ask (and no it’s not because she is from uconn ... naphesia collier) ... but look at her stats someone would say and i agree but in reality having her wait another cycle where she is (27 and could go for the next two to three). 4. Nneka is the only MVP to not make an olympic team oh but wait she was THE MVP for the freaking USA during the world championships. We won’t even talk about the injury talking point because we all know DT is back to playing but had a cracked sternum.

This leads me to the 3x3 which is a team made up of Stephanie Dolson (uconn), Kelsey plum (washington), Katie Lou Samuelson (uconn), and Allisha Gray (SC). if you wanted to bring naphesia into the fray replace Katie Lou with naphesia collier to get her in on the pool. Also, get Sabrina Ionescu in the mix she could have easily made the roster of Arike O who would thrive in this situation.

Geno defends U.S. roster amid Ogwumike snub

Barring injury, Collier will consistently be one of the best players in the WNBA. I initially thought she was deserving of a spot on the team, but only because I assumed that Nneka withdrew because of injury. If she was picked over Nneka, then that is total bullsH*t. Napheesa can have her moment next games...if all of those old ladies finally decide to pass the torch to the younger generation. But I fully expect Sue and Diana to be there for Gold #6 in their walkers.

There is zero justification for Katie Lou to be on the 3x3 team. Why was she even a finalist for the USWNT? She's been non-existent in 3 WNBA seasons playing for 3 different teams. Oh right...she went to UConn. The fact the she was a finalist but Arike wasn't just shows that it's all about who you know vs. what you do.

I hope more players either elect to pass on making themselves available for the National Team or opt to play for other countries a la Hammond or Vandersloot until they stop making it a UConn and Friends invitation-only club.

Barring injury, Collier will consistently be one of the best players in the WNBA. I initially thought she was deserving of a spot on the team, but only because I assumed that Nneka withdrew because of injury. If she was picked over Nneka, then that is total bullsH*t. Napheesa can have her moment next games...if all of those old ladies finally decide to pass the torch to the younger generation. But I fully expect Sue and Diana to be there for Gold #6 in their walkers.

There is zero justification for Katie Lou to be on the 3x3 team. Why was she even a finalist for the USWNT? She's been non-existent in 3 WNBA seasons playing for 3 different teams. Oh right...she went to UConn. The fact the she was a finalist but Arike wasn't just shows that it's all about who you know vs. what you do.

I hope more players either elect to pass on making themselves available for the National Team or opt to play for other countries a la Hammond or Vandersloot until they stop making it a UConn and Friends invitation-only club.

Also players like B. Laney should have been taken into consideration and M. Hines allen both can play multiple positions and there was enough time to readjust the teams. Allisha Gray has been steady i guess and maybe the 3x3 fits her game. But again you had players like Diamond, Sabrina, and Arike who all could have played together and been introduced on a national team level before maybe their switch over.

Also players like B. Laney should have been taken into consideration and M. Hines allen both can play multiple positions and there was enough time to readjust the teams. Allisha Gray has been steady i guess and maybe the 3x3 fits her game. But again you had players like Diamond, Sabrina, and Arike who all could have played together and been introduced on a national team level before maybe their switch over.

I've dismissed why Katie should have been a finalist, but the same is also true for Stefanie. She's past her prime and a mediocre player at this stage of her career, and there are a lot of younger players (like Hines-Allen) who should have been in the conversation before her.

I've dismissed why Katie should have been a finalist, but the same is also true for Stefanie. She's past her prime and a mediocre player at this stage of her career, and there are a lot of younger players (like Hines-Allen) who should have been in the conversation before her.

i just didn’t want people to say i was a uconn hater but yes there were better options (Dearica Hamby for one). i’m sure there are others who could be just as versatile... sigh

Hines-Allen is injured herself but your point still stands. As long as Geno is alive and UConn is revelant, UConn players (stars, mediocre, washed up) going to make up at 40 to 50% of the US rosters. Once again Geno commenting something after the fact in an attempt to martyr himself.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Hines-Allen is injured herself but your point still stands. As long as Geno is alive and UConn is revelant, UConn players (stars, mediocre, washed up) going to make up at 40 to 50% of the US rosters. Once again Geno commenting something after the fact in an attempt to martyr himself.

The fact that Hines-Allen got injured recently is why a player like her should have been named and replaced if necessary. Same thing with Nneka and it’s still BS no matter how relevant they are if there are better players they should be on it period!

Agreed. At this point, the UConn bias is so blatant in the USA basketball world. I would be surprised to see Sue and Diana suit up for another gold medal run. With the current committee in place though, I don’t see them passing up on Sue and D if they’re still playing.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Paige Buekers found her way on the next olympic squad. With the way she’s being hyped in the media, and the current committee in place…. Wouldn’t put it past them at all.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Paige Buekers found her way on the next olympic squad. With the way she’s being hyped in the media, and the current committee in place…. Wouldn’t put it past them at all.
I don't have a huge problem with Bueckers, assuming she maintains or exceeds her current level of play. She was NPOY as a freshman. Having her on the next Olympic squad is no different than Parker or Stewart making the team right after completing an outstanding collegiate career.

The fact that Hines-Allen got injured recently is why a player like her should have been named and replaced if necessary. Same thing with Nneka and it’s still BS no matter how relevant they are if there are better players they should be on it period!
Yup. Based on post-collegiate results, there are about 50 players more deserving than KLS to be on the finalist list...and that doesn't count the ones that made the final roster. And let's be honest...KLS was very good in college, but not the kind of good that translates to great at the next level. Pure and simple, she was on that list because she went to UConn. If she wasn't French, you can bet that Gabby Williams would have been there too even though she wouldn't be in the top 8 of the current Sky roster. Dolson hasn't fared much better. Why wouldn't Cheyenne Parker, Dearica Hamby, Natasha Howard, etc. be passed over for someone who has had 1 good year in the WNBA? Oh, I already answered in my 3rd sentence above!

Yup. Based on post-collegiate results, there are about 50 players more deserving than KLS to be on the finalist list...and that doesn't count the ones that made the final roster. And let's be honest...KLS was very good in college, but not the kind of good that translates to great at the next level. Pure and simple, she was on that list because she went to UConn. If she wasn't French, you can bet that Gabby Williams would have been there too even though she wouldn't be in the top 8 of the current Sky roster. Dolson hasn't fared much better. Why wouldn't Cheyenne Parker, Dearica Hamby, Natasha Howard, etc. be passed over for someone who has had 1 good year in the WNBA? Oh, I already answered in my 3rd sentence above!

haha we are on the same page and i’m glad you brought up players like Cheyenne Parker and Natasha Howard because they are ballers.

I’m still blown about Arike O.

VN Store

Back