Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Arkansas looking pretty locked in....bringing the D (what little they have) and knocking in tough shots. Dungee is so fun to watch. Just tough, I think she’ll be a great player at the next level as well. She’s ready for the elevated physicality.

Last edited:
When is Ole Miss going to fire head coach Yolett McCuin? She's got a horrible record at Ole Miss of 23-50.

When is Ole Miss going to fire head coach Yolett McCuin? She's got a horrible record at Ole Miss of 23-50.

Surprisingly they are playing much better this season. Lot tougher team, she finally has some players available. Still a bottom half of the SEC team likely, but they’re gonna pick up a win or two they shouldn’t I think.

The first two seasons I think she literally had walk-on players starting. Inherited an absolute mess from Matt Insell (hey Matt) and then there was a mass exodus of players. She’ll probably get two more seasons before they make a move.

ESPN is becoming unwatchable. They’re trying too hard to make Paige the next big thing . She’s good but she’s not unstoppable . It’s so annoying how much they bring her up every game even if UCONN IS NOT PLAYING!
Yessssss omg I thought I was crazy for a second until my friend said something, he asked “Is she like the next big thing or something, they’re mentioning her a lot”

I was so outdone with the comparison to Sue Bird’s freshman year game against Arkansas! 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
Arkansas looking pretty locked in....bringing the D (what little they have) and knocking in tough shots. Dungee is so fun to watch. Just tough, I think she’ll be a great player at the next level as well. She’s ready for the elevated physicality.
Agreed, I love watching Dungee play!

Reactions: VolBall09
Yessssss omg I thought I was crazy for a second until my friend said something, he asked “Is she like the next big thing or something, they’re mentioning her a lot”

I was so outdone with the comparison to Sue Bird’s freshman year game against Arkansas! 🙄🙄🙄
Yes the sue bird comparison was disrespectful
And wayyyyyyy out of line she hasn’t done anything yet. She makes some good looking moves but nothing we have not already seen. The most impressive freshmen this season has been Caitlin Clark hands down . She plays like a pro right now! Needs to gain about 20 pds though imo

And wayyyyyyy out of line she hasn’t done anything yet. She makes some good looking moves but nothing we have not already seen. The most impressive freshmen this season has been Caitlin Clark hands down . She plays like a pro right now! Needs to gain about 20 pds though imo

Yeah Clark is the real deal. Triple threat point guard. Could play in the W now. Everything I’ve seen from her just looks NATURAL. Nothing forced, she’s a baller.

This is the slowest UConn team I’ve seen. I was thinking that when they played us and I see it again vs Arkansas. There is no dominant team in WCBB this year. It’s similar to the 2005 season. There’s about 20 teams with a legitimate shot to win the title.
Yes and we are one of those 20. I literally would **** my pants LMAO

Can’t turn Dungee off! Gonna have to have one game on the TV and one on the phone 😂.

Those first two drives after the half were nasty, nasty , nasty!!! Making Griffin look like she’s not even there. Tough shot MAKER not a taker.

This is the slowest UConn team I’ve seen. I was thinking that when they played us and I see it again vs Arkansas. There is no dominant team in WCBB this year. It’s similar to the 2005 season. There’s about 20 teams with a legitimate shot to win the title.

And crazy thing is we are one of them so far. 😬

Can’t turn Dungee off! Gonna have to have one game on the TV and one on the phone 😂.

Those first two drives after the half were nasty, nasty , nasty!!! Making Griffin look like she’s not even there. Tough shot MAKER not a taker.
I’m having the same conundrum! 😂 Arkansas beating UCONN by 9 now, hard to turn off!

I haven’t gotten the chance to see Clarke play but from the numbers I’ve seen, she’s impressive! I love Van Lith from Louisville!

Everyone has got to watch this Arkansas UCONN game. Arkansas was reaaddyy. Now Ramirez is torching them. Dungee dribbles around them in circles and then passing to the open shooter. She got them so out of sorts now their entire defense is STOP DUNGEE. I think they might get them!

Just looking at our game thread, I’m not even going to start watching! 😂 Im going to keep going back and forth with UCONN/Arkansas and Mississippi St/South Carolina, I can’t take watching us turn the ball over!!!!

Anyhow, Arkansas up 10 going into the 4th quarter! Hopefully they can pull this one out!

Just looking at our game thread, I’m not even going to start watching! 😂 Im going to keep going back and forth with UCONN/Arkansas and Mississippi St/South Carolina, I can’t take watching us turn the ball over!!!!

Anyhow, Arkansas up 10 going into the 4th quarter! Hopefully they can pull this one out!

I think Geno might b trying to lose. He appears to have benched ONO after she didn’t respond after the half. With Ednwards out and she only has two fouls...

Yep, dang. Maybe a chance but looks like they’re gonna drop another close game to a ranked team. Tough season for Arkansas. They will be extremely dangerous come tournament time though. They’re built for tournament play with all those guards.

VN Store

Back