Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Dangerfield is so much better than in college.

In what way? Shooting-wise she looks the same though more of her shots in college were 3s and she made a higher % of her 3s in college. Her passing was better in college mostly because her size is more limiting as a pro. A lot of passes she made in college are turnovers in the WNBA.

She was often over-shadowed by her teammates at UConn. Dangerfield, not Walker, was UConn's best player last season. UConn doesn't get beyond UCLA in the S16 in 2019 without Dangerfield. Her performance this season would have been overshadowed by Sabrina and Carter had they been healthy for the entire season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
In what way? Shooting-wise she looks the same though more of her shots in college were 3s and she made a higher % of her 3s in college. Her passing was better in college mostly because her size is more limiting as a pro. A lot of passes she made in college are turnovers in the WNBA.

She was often over-shadowed by her teammates at UConn. Dangerfield, not Walker, was UConn's best player last season. UConn doesn't get beyond UCLA in the S16 in 2019 without Dangerfield. Her performance this season would have been overshadowed by Sabrina and Carter had they been healthy for the entire season.
Did you watch the highlight film? Her ability to get into the paint and make drop shots and little jumpers and finishing at the rim is much better.

Did you watch the highlight film? Her ability to get into the paint and make drop shots and little jumpers and finishing at the rim is much better.

Did you watch her in college? She did all those things at UConn. All of them. It's not like her game changed in a matter of a few months. She deferred to other players at UConn but she made all those shots while there.

Find the link to highlights from UCLA game in 2019 at youtube and watch from the 3 minute mark. I seem unable to post it here.

pros, like college, comes down to coaching staff.
The improvement in Mercedes Russell is even more telling.
Crystal had good coaching in both, but her PG coach now must be better.

And you can see drop offs in skills as well.
Prediction:
Get ready for a dropoff in Chennedy Carter's game if there is not a coaching change

Coaching helps, but talent is far more important. It’s pretty obvious the best teams get the best talent out of high school. Then they don’t screw it up (see HW).

Coaching helps, but talent is far more important. It’s pretty obvious the best teams get the best talent out of high school. Then they don’t screw it up (see HW).
you lost me at: Coaching helps, but talent is far more important.

Jillian Hollingshead update
It should have been Gene Swindoll.

I just got an email from Gene:
+++
Doug,

I know she has cut MSU off her list, which is down to two schools. I didn’t mention in my post what two schools she is considering, though because I wasn’t told by my source who her final two schools are. I just know that it is two.

Gene
+++
Until I hear an absolute, I will trust my other source and as far as I am concerned, we're still in the hunt.

Agreed that she will become an all-star and likely MVP throughout her career, but Sabrina's problem is that her team absolutely sucks right now, and she might not have been able to get the kind of stats that people look for in a ROY. It'll take NY a while to build something solid around her.
Before the season I thought that but after watching Sabrina score 30 points in her second or third game, I figured she would excel in the W as well as she did at Oregon. However, I would not be surprised if Carter has a more successful career than Sabrina if she plays team ball during her career. She is hard to guard.

talent AND coaching!

As the great Pat Summitt said, "Don't take donkey's to the Kentucky Derby"...Without top talent, a team can only go so far....Without great coaching, talent can only go so far....

For years we watched a lot of fine talent fail under coach Holly....Her lack of implementing offensive fundamentals, especially against a zone defense, failed the Lady Vol Basketball Program...

This fan hopes Coach Kellie has the right stuff...

not discounting your post...just remaining "cautiously optimistic" until my source lets me know something.
I mean I was sure Morasha Wiggins was a shoe-in and bang, I got sideswiped,,,But I am staying with Jillian
until I can't

bigstock-Close-up-Of-Dented-Car-Doors-A-271656568-e1565819001680.jpg

what that she is down to UGA and UCLA? I wonder who the LV are in on for post players in the 2022 class 🤔

correct, those are the two she is rumored to be considering now.
2022 HAS to be a post player,although the transfer portal could come into play as well

My concern is that T Key does not feel the need to transfer next season to play with little sister....It may come down to how well she plays at Tennessee, and is she happy with the staff and her role here..

Stay tuned....
251518_20190611_WB_Headshot_AF_001.jpg

If you disagree with this, why is it that UConn, SC, Baylor, etc win the championships when they have top 5 recruits leading the way?

For the record, SC only has 1 championship. So they aren't exactly setting the world on fire like some of y'all claim. 🙄

And the connies haven't been to the podium since 2016

Reactions: NoBackBoard
My concern is that T Key does not feel the need to transfer next season to play with little sister....It may come down to how well she plays at Tennessee, and is she happy with the staff and her role here..

Stay tuned....
251518_20190611_WB_Headshot_AF_001.jpg

is that really a concern though. if you look at TN they have a coach that has really tried to understand and support her players and the things they believe in. She moved into the starting role last year and didn’t look back on giving up the role. She was also on pace to break the freshman block record last year... until covid 😩

i guess this year we will see if she is happy and see if her play improves. Our coaches seem to know how to motivate people so maybe her being left off the all- defensive team will ignite her fire and prove some of those people wrong.

she seems to be a more quiet demeanor type of player but from social media seems to enjoy tn and being apart of the vols leaders.

anyways i am curious to see how a more conditioned Kasi and Tamari will push each other!

VN Store

Back