Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I believe that poster was talking about if there was no basketball this year and it's Keyen's last season of eligibility. The NCAA could let players come back for an additional year if this season is cancelled.

it’s what they did this year so i guess it would be the same... maybe ?

it’s what they did this year so i guess it would be the same... maybe ?
That would be rough. What happens with scholarship #'s if a team is upperclassman heavy and has the same # of recruits coming in next year?

It's a shame for the players...truly a lost opportunity that they can never get back.

Reactions: krichunaka
That would be rough. What happens with scholarship #'s if a team is upperclassman heavy and has the same # of recruits coming in next year?

It's a shame for the players...truly a lost opportunity that they can never get back.

i’m sure they could make it work if they really wanted... you and i both know that. I don’t get paid enough to figure it out but i’m sure there’s a way.

✊🏾✊

And another start for Crystal Dangerfield. Even with Odyssey Sims back in the rotation.

In 29 minutes she was 9-12 from the field, 1-2 on threes, 4-4 on free throws (over 90%). She added 4 assists and only 1 turnover.
I still have Chennedy as ROY she needs to hurry back tho looks like Crystal is on a mission

You just can't teach 5'5"!

And another start for Crystal Dangerfield. Even with Odyssey Sims back in the rotation.

In 29 minutes she was 9-12 from the field, 1-2 on threes, 4-4 on free throws (over 90%). She added 4 assists and only 1 turnover.

“She’s just really good,” Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said. “That’s one of my most banged-up players, but you would never know it. When she’s out there between the lines, she’s hooping. It’s hard to do. It’s not like people don’t know about her at this point. She’s a starting point guard in the WNBA. … We just trust her, and obviously she played great tonight."

Last edited:
UNC picking up some nice pieces for the future. Will be interesting to see how good they can become.

Kara willl have her work cut out for her to keep pace.

That's right. Lots of attention on Duke and Kara and Banghart quietly doing the work.

Ivey got commitments early on from 2 highly ranked players but those players were heavily recruited by Muffet and were likely to choose ND anyway. Lawson is starting from scratch and playing catch-up. Lawson reached out to #1 Betts but couldn't crack her top 9. I'm sure Kara will eventually recruit well but it will take some time.

Hang in there Darth, things will get better for you.
Miserable-people-behaviour.jpg

Reactions: Benionsopinion
That deafening silence is from Kellie's recruiting apologists, whose reasoning looks more and more ridiculous every day...

I would argue that this young lady's decision doesn't reflect so much on Kellie or the dozens of other coaches who tried to recruit her as it reconfirms that Banghart is uncommonly good as a recruiter. When she was at Princeton she attracted players to a program that had done nothing for years, players who would previously have gone to Duke or ND or Stanford. Then she built and maintained a winning program.

She has been showing the same recruiting skills at NC. Time will tell if a winning program follows.

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
I would argue that this young lady's decision doesn't reflect so much on Kellie or the dozens of other coaches who tried to recruit her as it reconfirms that Banghart is uncommonly good as a recruiter. When she was at Princeton she attracted players to a program that had done nothing for years, players who would previously have gone to Duke or ND or Stanford. Then she built and maintained a winning program.

Then maybe Fulmer should have hired her, instead of the coach who had already proven she couldn't recruit at a high profile ACC school in NC...

He gets called out, and then as if he posted without prompting, he gets crap from a poster.
First off, he’s posted enough to deserve getting called out since we all know his routine.

Second, every time someone commits to not us, he bashes the coach. In his mind, we have 25 scholarships and should not lose a recruit. Every time something positive happens to the LV’s, he’s nowhere to be found. Same cycle.

Kellie has a great 2021 class which may or may not be done depending on what Hollingshead does come spring semester. There is going to be a HUGE BOOM (as coach Sully would say) for 2022, but I’ll digress on that . Wouldn’t want to excite Darth anymore . Go Lady Vols !

Like HUGE HUGE? like top 15 huge that’ll make people stop saying that Kellie can’t recruit type of huge ?

VN Store

Back