Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

He has said on here that he doesn’t post on the Boneyard, so that’s how I found out. It sometimes feels to me like he’s playing the self-appointed role of missionary for Connecticut Women’s Basketball, coming here to preach the gospel of Husky to the sinful orange masses who need saving. lol

Just.... well... odd to me that someone who loves and defends and evangelizes for one program chooses never to mingle with others who share the same passion.

The BY is much like The Summitt, from what I heard. It's an echo chamber where only 1 line of thinking is acceptable. One of the nice things about this board is that not everyone sees eye to eye, which is kind of ok for me 😂.

As far as evangelizing...that's how the natives get fresh meat. The mods will take care of anyone that overstays their welcome, I think.

Reactions: Bret178
Why do y'all consider Dawn so classless?

personally, I don't think of her as classless...what I see is a rough exterior that looks like if she smiled her face might crack.
She is probably a wonderful soul, but that demeanor is looks de-meaner

That and the fact that she coaches anyone but the LV's is probably a factor for most

Personally I have worked with many with that demeanor,,,,e,g,,"Bri"...while the rest of my team would be sitting and cutting up, Bri sat alone and looked like if anyone interrupted her they would get bit

You are very wrong...he has gone out of his way to talk trash about Dawn...from crapping in her pants to many other things that have nothing to do with WBB. I dismissed him or her as an idiot but my curiosity was with why he hated Dawn...he doesn't trash other winning SEC coaches...just Dawn...so stand with him if you must but also know what you are standing in...I mean...with.
You’re right. He trashed Dawn and her players on a regular basis, a lot of which are personal attacks.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Does noone besides me think it peculiar that neither of our resident self-proclaimed diehard Connecticut fans (“NeedOrange” and “NewDog”) appears to own up to the fact that they are here ONLY to attempt to promote Geno/CT to potential recruits???

Does noone besides me think it peculiar that neither of our resident self-proclaimed diehard Connecticut fans (“NeedOrange” and “NewDog”) appears to own up to the fact that they are here ONLY to attempt to promote Geno/CT to potential recruits???
Because it’s not true?

Are you seriously suggesting that recruits read anything I post and if they did it would influence their decision on where to go?

come on....really?

Not really. And I'm not surprised they're here. If you wanted to "convert" a flock, would you "preach to the choir" or head to where the "heathen" are ?
Disclaimer:
In order to preempt any blowback,
I'm using the terms in quotes as metaphors. They are not to be applied to LV fans in a literal manner. Let's see if that works.

Not really. And I'm not surprised they're here. If you wanted to "convert" a flock, would you "preach to the choir" or head to where the "heathen" are ?
Disclaimer:
In order to preempt any blowback,
I'm using the terms in quotes as metaphors. They are not to be applied to LV fans in a literal manner. Let's see if that works.

UConn fans just love us lady vols. I've never seen any of our fan on their site commenting about lady vols. Is ok, they love us and can not do without us.

Reactions: mlindsay
Te'a Cooper named to the Dawn Staley Mid-Season Award List (what ever the heck that is).

View attachment 260367
The Dawn Staley Community Leadership Award is an annual Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) award given since the league's 2008 season, that recognizes a player who is an inspiration in her community and reflects Dawn Staley ’s leadership, spirit, charitable efforts and love for the game.

ALSO

The Dawn Staley Award was established in 2013 to "recognize the nation’s best guard in Women’s Division I college basketball".[1] It was established by the Phoenix club of Philadelphia, an organization established to recognize the achievements of outstanding male and female basketball players. The award was named after Dawn Staley, a Philadelphia native recognized as one of the nation's best guards in women's college basketball history. The organization establish a watchlist of potential winners during the year and at the end of the season selects the player who "exemplifies the skills that Dawn possessed throughout her career; ball handling, scoring, her ability to distribute the basketball and her will to win".[1]

And the Lieberman
The Nancy Lieberman Award, named for Basketball Hall of Fame legend Nancy Lieberman, was given annually by the Rotary Club of Detroit in the Award's first 14 years to the nation's top collegiate point guard in women's Division I basketball.

Louisville is without Elizabeth B.(home country Olympic team) but they have looked stagnant today. They have 17 turnovers so far.

Miss St. Wins by twelve ! That gives TA&M them 4 loses.

Yep, State helped Tennessee out when they turned up their defense then got busy erasing a 12-point deficit to get that terrific win.

Except for too many turnovers, A&M looked pretty good in the first half, even without Chennedy Carter. That worries the hell out of me. :oops: I would really love to beat A&M, but I’m suddenly feeling less confident we can pull off the upset.

Yep, State helped Tennessee out when they turned up their defense then got busy erasing a 12-point deficit to get that terrific win.

Except for too many turnovers, A&M looked pretty good in the first half, even without Chennedy Carter. That worries the hell out of me. :oops: I would really love to beat A&M, but I’m suddenly feeling less confident we can pull off the upset.

I also thought A&M looked great for the first 3 quarters and I expect them to make a deep tourney run when Carter returns.

We are going to get every team's best shot, especially on the road and yeah, if we have an off-shooting night (we're top 15 in 3pt %) we're likely to get beat, just like any other team.

If we were ranked based on our NCAA Tourney run, we would've have started there; not taken 5 weeks to get ranked. This team won 25 games, the MVC tournament, and made the Sweet 16, lost only 1 senior and you know how many preseason All-MVC players they had? 0.
Barely beat Boise? An NCAA team, on the road.

Barely beat Mizzou? A rivalry game. Anything goes.

Barely beat Drake? The MVC preseason favorite? Face palm there.

You're forgetting wins AT OU (who has beat LSU and WVU); AT South Dakota (top 25 team). Moral victories are worthless but for the record, we were leading Oregon State in the 3rd quarter by 8 before running out of gas playing our 3rd road game in a week in the Preseason WNIT.

UNI and Drake are both in the top 50 RPI.

You're right, our RPI did drop. To #2...

People want to act like non-P5 conferences are weak, so be it. At least do some research first. #7 conference right now. Teams who have be historically bad have turned this around, at least for this year. The conference earned 10 wins over P5 schools in the non-conference.

But hey, you keep calling them like you see it...

4th most Q1 wins in the country!

All the while being in a mid-major conference

Just rolled through Iowa for our 6th straight win in the state, including 2 vs Top 25 teams, and ending another Drake home winning streak

1.5 game lead in the #7 conference now.
RPI sitting lovely at #4.

Word was passed down that the Missouri State High School Athletics Association moved their state basketball tournament dates in Springfield, MO in March...This frees up JQH Arena for the NCAA 1st and 2nd round dates if the Lady Bears can finish the season out.

Coach Mox also broke the record for most wins by a 1st year MSU Lady Bears HC. Probably going to be a record that won't be broken again.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back