Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

So your willing to base that one player is better than another based on a sample of six games played this season while ignoring two full seasons that have already past. Your right I choose not to use you theory.

*You're. And that's not at all what I said. What I did say is the games now are far more relevant than the past, because now for the first time they are playing similar roles for their respective teams. Yes it's early, but so far one player has been significantly better whether you want to ignore it or not...

Reactions: mcannon1
*You're. And that's not at all what I said. What I did say is the games now are far more relevant than the past, because now for the first time they are playing similar roles for their respective teams. Yes it's early, but so far one player has been significantly better whether you want to ignore it or not...
Ok so if we can make a decision on her playing two games you have a point. What if she scores like 10 a game in the next two games then what happens to that average. The fact that she is averaging 23 and 9 rebounds in two games in not enough data to say she is gonna be better than Davis at the end of the season. Her points per shot is at 1.3 through two games and Davis has a 1.23 through four. For their careers Davis is enormously higher. To much to be decided and your not gonna see any WNBA scouts use your data as a decision as to who to draft. She may put up better stats than Davis this season and she may not. They haven't played anybody yet and neither have we not enough information even if you believe there is.

To much to be decided and your not gonna see any WNBA scouts use your data as a decision as to who to draft.

I agree Walker won’t be drafted higher because of stats, she will be drafted higher because she’s a better talent. YOU brought up career stats, as if the numbers they put up as freshmen has any real bearing on where they are now...

I agree Walker won’t be drafted higher because of stats, she will be drafted higher because she’s a better talent. YOU brought up career stats, as if the numbers they put up as freshmen has any real bearing on where they are now...
Your entitled to your opinion of course. I don't think she is a better player than Davis JMO. I do agree that they will beat Tennessee this year they have the better more experienced point guard and with the loss of Green we don't have enough quality defenders to guard them on the perimeter. As Horston gets better Davis will get better. Davis is already showing more skills than her first two seasons under Holly especially defensively. Walker looks like she has put in some work as well. As far as one being a lot better than the other doubt that will ever be true. Both look to be first round draft choices exactly where they will land still to be determined.

Texas, our future opponent, got crushed at home by Arizona, 83-58.
There's no way they'll be ranked when we play them. There's even a possibility that they'll have a new coach. No one does less with more than Aston.
I think Coach Aston will be lucky if she's still coaching the Lady Horns in 2020

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Reactions: djtee
I didn't watch the game but have a question regarding your quote of the broadcasters.
The refs were "really allowing them to bang away in the interior".
Does them mean only uconn was allowed to bang away or does it mean both teams were allowed ?

I was at the game. When Vandy made a couple substitutions midway through the third quarter and the game got much more physical, the refs allowed it, and I think it actually helped Vandy -- they cut the lead from 26 down to 13.

I was at the game. When Vandy made a couple substitutions midway through the third quarter and the game got much more physical, the refs allowed it, and I think it actually helped Vandy -- they cut the lead from 26 down to 13.

Fans who are unimpressed that UConn "only" beat Vandy by 13 points clearly didn't see the game. It was over in the third quarter, and UConn clearly took their foot off the gas in the fourth when it was never in doubt...

NIU put a pasting on Iowa today which, I guess, makes this a little less hurtful for us Mizzou fans. But all the new pieces in Columbia are not meshing. People might assume it's Cunningham's absence, but it's really something different -- although Cunningham and Porter are certainly missed, as is Akira Levy.
They’re going to be already...maybe not this year but they will be. When Shug Dickson is eligible and when the SC transfer is, plus Blackwell...watch out. The issue is someone else has to step up with Amber Smith. Jordan Roundtree is capable but she looks very timid. Just my two cents.

Unranked Gonzaga currently giving Stanford all they want AT Stanford. Cardinal up only 2 with a minute and a half left...
Should be an interesting year. Probably at least 8 teams with a legitimate shot at the final 4. Injuries will be a factor for some teams.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Texas A&M beats Rice by one point. Stanford struggles with Gonzaga know they always have a very good team. A lot of close games this season whomever can develop their players and get consistent both offensively and defensively by time league play rolls around has a great shot at a very high finish in the SEC. I don't see anyone in the SEC that is dominant and think everyone will lose at least two or three games in the league this year. Arkansas has looked as good as anybody and thought they would with five star Ramirez coming in this year.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
I watched the second half of the A&M - Rice game. Rice should have won but in the end the 6'9" Mulkey couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. They ran a play at the end to get her a layup and she missed it. A&M came down and missed a shot but got the put back which put them up one. Rice came down and missed a 3 at the buzzer. It was a heck of a game.

Texas A&M beats Rice by one point. Stanford struggles with Gonzaga know they always have a very good team. A lot of close games this season whomever can develop their players and get consistent both offensively and defensively by time league play rolls around has a great shot at a very high finish in the SEC. I don't see anyone in the SEC that is dominant and think everyone will lose at least two or three games in the league this year. Arkansas has looked as good as anybody and thought they would with five star Ramirez coming in this year.
I dont care for South Carolina and like Schaffer as a coach, and they both with Arkansas look fairly dominant so far. The SEC as a whole is down. I disagree and feel those 3 will be top 3 barring injuries. Having said that I think UT will be right there fighting for 3rd or 4th place.

I dont care for South Carolina and like Schaffer as a coach, and they both with Arkansas look fairly dominant so far. The SEC as a whole is down. I disagree and feel those 3 will be top 3 barring injuries. Having said that I think UT will be right there fighting for 3rd or 4th place.

SEC has probably 6 tournament teams: Arkansas, Kentucky, Miss St, SC, TAMU and Tennessee. Beyond that looks bleak. Georgia and Mizzou look like they'll be having down years, and I don't think any other teams warrant mention.

I watched the second half of the A&M - Rice game. Rice should have won but in the end the 6'9" Mulkey couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. They ran a play at the end to get her a layup and she missed it. A&M came down and missed a shot but got the put back which put them up one. Rice came down and missed a 3 at the buzzer. It was a heck of a game.

I also watch the game Rice should have won this also Ogwumike had 2 fouls in the 1st qt and that hurt Rice big time. As for 6'9" Mulkey she was awful.

VN Store

Back