Nolte: Movies Are About to Suck Like ‘Captain Marvel’ for a Very Long Time

Franklin Pierce

Come on, we all know why Marvel’s Captain Marvel made a gajillion dollars…

It was the bridge feature between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, it was a crucial piece in the puzzle of a decade-long franchise that had captured the world’s imagination. But it still sucked, and the worse news is that it is a depressing preview of what’s coming…

To be clear, the obnoxiously woke, preachy, mean-spirited, sexless, and humorless Captain Marvel is not just a preview of what’s coming from the next phase of the Marvel franchise, it’s a preview of what we can expect from every movie (and TV show) for years to come.

Remember that scene where the joyless, intolerant, and bitter Captain Marvel assaults, robs, and threatens a guy for making a pass at her, and then steals his clothes and motorcycle? Remember the scene below where Captain Marvel proves she’s a thin-skinned bully, thief, and humorless *******…?

We’re going to see a whole lot more of that.

If you thought popular culture was sickeningly left-wing and preachy before, you haven’t seen anything yet. By next summer and the summer after, you’re going to look back on Captain Marvel as the good old days.

You see, Hollywood is filled with conformists, followers, Marxists, fascists, and cowards. That’s it. That’s all they got. Everyone else is blacklisted. And now that the Woke Taliban are demanding every piece of entertainment conform to the ideology of the far-left terrorists in Black Lives Matter, rather than entertain, everything produced out of Tinseltown for the foreseeable future will instruct and teach you how to think, speak, and behave — and shame you as a white supremacist if you don’t… Even if you’re black.

What this means is that evil is about to become good, and all the qualities that once defined Hollywood villains, boobs, and insufferable assholes are about to presented to us as heroic and virtuous — including, but not limited to:

Nolte: Movies Are About to Suck Like 'Captain Marvel' for a Very Long Time

I liked Captain Marvel. It helps if you shut your brain off and don’t go into a movie looking to be offended.

Captain Marvel was probably the worst standalone in the Marvel universe. As the initial post mentions, people had to watch it if you had been watching the Marvel/Avengers since they shocked the world with fantastic release of Iron Man. Nobody is craving for more Captain Marvel. To top it off, she made political statements going into the movie. Black Panther on the other hand was all that and a bag of chips, along with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy series. The last Hulk and Spiderman were right behind it. Every Avenger release were literally out of this world. Captain Marvel brings up the rear. I'm not sure how much I am going to watch going forward for multiple reasons but I'm a fan of Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson.

One of my first tests of how genuinely "woke" a person or organization is, is the goose/gander test. It's a pretty good indicator of whether someone is genuinely seeking equality, or is actually intent on reversing perceived inequalities--i.e. trying to reverse things and get the upper hand on their perceived oppressors.

So, I submit this for discussion.

What would the radical feminist SJWs be saying about this scene if the lead was a macho male overpowering and using violence against someone for unwanted "passes"? I suspect the SJW verdict would be that this **** is just more toxic masculinity, and culture won't be righted until we don't have films like this defining culture anymore.

Just imagine if Captain America used violence against--and mugged--a homosexual, just because the homosexual had the audacity to show some amore.

Oh, Geez...

But we flip the script (you're welcome for the pun, @McDad), and put breasts as the ass-kicking lead, and it's a victory for the women's movement. But I think that shows the soft underbelly of the radical left. If such responses show the toxicity of masculinity, but it is a virtue when women do it, then the actions aren't toxic. They're actually just saying that it's toxic to be a male, and virtuous to be a female.

For future reference, kids... The goose/gander test is pretty useful on calling toro caca when you start getting the scent of it, and just need a little help figuring out whose shoe its on.

You're welcome.

Hollywood get’s around 25% (and rapidly increasing) of their revenue nowadays from the Chicoms. I bet the Chicoms already think half of America consists of alphabet people.

I liked Captain Marvel. It helps if you shut your brain off and don’t go into a movie looking to be offended.

Me, too. Marvel was trying to create a stand alone female superhero character. Wonder Woman was an inspiration to little and big girls. You can't blame Marvel for trying to do something similar.

Me, too. Marvel was trying to create a stand alone female superhero character. Wonder Woman was an inspiration to little and big girls. You can't blame Marvel for trying to do something similar.

These characters are old. It's not like Marvel just pulled her out of their ass.

Fun fact, in the comics the extremely strong Wonder Woman was incapable of breaking free when bound by a man, be it leg irons or twine. How's that for inspiring little girls, lol

Captain Marvel was probably the worst standalone in the Marvel universe. As the initial post mentions, people had to watch it if you had been watching the Marvel/Avengers since they shocked the world with fantastic release of Iron Man. Nobody is craving for more Captain Marvel. To top it off, she made political statements going into the movie. Black Panther on the other hand was all that and a bag of chips, along with Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy series. The last Hulk and Spiderman were right behind it. Every Avenger release were literally out of this world. Captain Marvel brings up the rear. I'm not sure how much I am going to watch going forward for multiple reasons but I'm a fan of Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson.
I almost cried when black widow went off the ledge in end game😂

I know what you mean.... I’m a big movie buff....but it’s still kind of aggravating when you realize the message.

Did you guys know that “go ahead.... make my day”.... didn’t originate in a Dirty Harry movie?
It first appeared in Vice Squad... 1982.
From what I recall.... and I was young.... it was a pretty cool flick

I know what you mean.... I’m a big movie buff....but it’s still kind of aggravating when you realize the message.

The girl power message has never bothered me and it never will as long as I’m the one asked to retrieve items up high on a shelf or open the jar of pickles.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Come on, we all know why Marvel’s Captain Marvel made a gajillion dollars…

It was the bridge feature between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, it was a crucial piece in the puzzle of a decade-long franchise that had captured the world’s imagination. But it still sucked, and the worse news is that it is a depressing preview of what’s coming…

To be clear, the obnoxiously woke, preachy, mean-spirited, sexless, and humorless Captain Marvel is not just a preview of what’s coming from the next phase of the Marvel franchise, it’s a preview of what we can expect from every movie (and TV show) for years to come.

Remember that scene where the joyless, intolerant, and bitter Captain Marvel assaults, robs, and threatens a guy for making a pass at her, and then steals his clothes and motorcycle? Remember the scene below where Captain Marvel proves she’s a thin-skinned bully, thief, and humorless *******…?

We’re going to see a whole lot more of that.

If you thought popular culture was sickeningly left-wing and preachy before, you haven’t seen anything yet. By next summer and the summer after, you’re going to look back on Captain Marvel as the good old days.

You see, Hollywood is filled with conformists, followers, Marxists, fascists, and cowards. That’s it. That’s all they got. Everyone else is blacklisted. And now that the Woke Taliban are demanding every piece of entertainment conform to the ideology of the far-left terrorists in Black Lives Matter, rather than entertain, everything produced out of Tinseltown for the foreseeable future will instruct and teach you how to think, speak, and behave — and shame you as a white supremacist if you don’t… Even if you’re black.

What this means is that evil is about to become good, and all the qualities that once defined Hollywood villains, boobs, and insufferable assholes are about to presented to us as heroic and virtuous — including, but not limited to:

Nolte: Movies Are About to Suck Like 'Captain Marvel' for a Very Long Time
I thought it was all about money. Wont they produce whatever makes them money?
Maybe Fox News can branch off into movie production.
Tucker Carlson could be a secret agent fighting off the evil Dr. Soros and his antifa and BLM minions trying to take over the world.
They have a built in audience who would storm the theaters nightly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back