No wrong doing (says UTK Chancellor)

Way to cheapshot the athlete. Nobody knows what happened, yet Butch gets the benefit of the doubt, not the player.

Newsflash....Crowder will be a VFL long after Butch has gone back to coordinating in the MAC. Be mindful....Butch, and every other coach who didn't play here, is a mercenary....a $4 million mercenary.

Lol. Not@ Crowder. But every school in the country has mercenaries then.

Last edited:
It didn't work out for him, so now he has no choice but to save face.

I doubt that Mack has wavier much from exactly what some of his latest tweets have indicated.

Wants the best for the Vols and wants nothing to distract from that.

Bashing a team member based on agenda as opposed to facts is as bad as doing the same to a coach.

Lol. Not@ Crowder. But every school in the country has mercenaries then.

That's true...and the point being their loyalty only goes as far as the paycheck. That won't be the case with the athlete.

These are the same people that exercised due diligence to hire Donnie Tyndall, correct? Idk if I'd trust their investigative skills

Reactions: 4 people
Why are we throwing the kid under the bus again? Sounds like he did nothing to substantiate the rumor. It was an argument that got overblown between a coach and a player. Appears both have moved past it since Mack still plays for Jones. So again why are we banging on the kid if Jones is fine with him?

Hey it's my opinion. We know that he got his starting job taken and cried. Players aren't supposed to argue with coaches. My position coach in college was a hard nosed ass hole, but we loved him cuz he made us better. Had we have smarted off or questioned his authority he woulda beat us! Lol... Football is a tough guys sport. Im just so tired of seeing players act like they are owed something. If there's someone better than you, chances are you won't play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Funny how the people invested in the rumor always fall back to "something went on", "we're not getting the whole story" nonsense once the rumor is debunked.

Yet if this were the AJ Johnson rape case, they'd expect a full apology by the victim and want AJ to press charges for slander.

Reactions: 2 people
What's buying the athlete's loyalty?

With a degree he will always have a tie to that University. You can act like your not bound to your alma mater, but we both know that's not true. Go ask a letterman his take on it.

I'm done explaining or defending my position on that. You and everyone are free to make whatever determination you wish. I've not been ambiguous in anything I've said on the matter.

You're very defensive considering I haven't attacked you. :hi:

Crowder has now said we need to move along. Regardless of what the university says about its due diligence, if Crowder wanted to pursue this,he would not have tweeted this.

I just wish that Crowder would have tweeted about the incident itself. Why not say that Butch never hit him?

Reactions: 2 people
Your pot shots are getting annoying. I think we get your position.

Hard to believe a Kentucky fan wants disruption to the Tennessee football program. Not sure why I'm not sold just because they said so.

With a degree he will always have a tie to that University. You can act like your not bound to your alma mater, but we both know that's not true. Go ask a letterman his take on it.

An athlete and coach are loyal only because they are getting something for their efforts. Just like an employee, how many are going to show up without a paycheck?

Remember I said athlete not alumni.

VN Store

Back