No we are not wrong. We got robbed!

I thought another terrible call which ended up being potentially game changing was the offsetting personal foul penalties on the play prior to Hookers fumble. Purdue had already been called for an unsportsmanlike conduct and a late hit on Tillman out of bounds. Their D lineman was the one who came in late on that play.
Don’t know if it has been discussed, but that was the same officiating crew that the ACC suspended after they screwed up the Duke/Miami game a few years ago that ended with Miami scoring on a kickoff return where they lateraled about 10 times and they completely messed up the replay review.

Remember when they didn’t call this one on our final drive in regulation, when they called every single one on Warren burrel? Usually makeup calls take place but there was no reciprocation from these zebras.
View attachment 424764
How is this missed - he is the only receiver on that half of the field

How is this missed - he is the only receiver on that half of the field
Especially when they have called so many "questionable" PI's on us all night. When we were on defense, it was like the refs were looking for it every time the ball was thrown, yet they somehow missed a very obvious and blatant one is baffling, to say the least.

Don’t know if it has been discussed, but that was the same officiating crew that the ACC suspended after they screwed up the Duke/Miami game a few years ago that ended with Miami scoring on a kickoff return where they lateraled about 10 times and they completely messed up the replay review.
No didn’t realize that. Is it just a coincidence that’s now the second time in a year we’ve lost in games with horrendous officiating by crews who have previously been suspended?

Again, there's a legit argument:

Forward progress ISN'T at the whistle on MANY plays and everyone accepts that. It's the judgment of the officials where that it is, usually a line official. People can stop that nonsense right now. Guys often get pushed back and forward AFTER the officials determine forward progress and they spot the ball on that determination.

Fant grabbed him and pulled. That's not legal AND he appears to start moving again when Fant grabs him. It IS bang-bang but watch the video and for my money he's stopped before Fant grabs. LATER, a lineman plows into the back of the pile and he moves even more.

Two things: if Fant had made his block AND that lineman had gotten there earlier, we're not talking but drinking in celebration.

Edit: on reviewing the video, it's a Purdue D lineman who hits the pile from the side causing more movement.
Give it up - it’s like uncalled offensive holding - which by the way happens every play -

He likely wasn’t assisted as his arm slips off the ball carrier and it wasn’t called.

You are arguing that hey there was holding on the offensive line on some of the pass plays.

Neither relevant nor germane to what took place.

IT WAS A SCORING PLAY ! All scoring plays are automatically reviewed. AUTOMATICALLY REVIEWED!!!!! How then can a play which the refs say was not a scoring play, even if it takes a final determination upon review that the result was not really a TD, not at least be reviewed!
THAT PLAY HAD TO BE REVIEWED! EVERYONE WHO GETS PAID FOR THEIR SERVICE AND AGREED THAT A REVIEW WAS NOT WARRANTED SHOULD NEVER STEP FOOT ON A FOOTBALL FIELD AGAIN!

THEY MUST BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND FIRED!!!

Reactions: SobeVol
I posted the rule. No one seems to care. You can't pull a player, only push from behind.

SECTION 3. Blocking, Use of Hands or Arms
Who May Block
ARTICLE 1. Players of either team may block opponents, provided it is not
pass interference, interference with the opportunity to catch a kick or a personal
foul (Exception: Rules 6-1-12 and 6-5-4).
Interfering for or Helping the Ball Carrier or Passer
ARTICLE 2. a. The ball carrier or passer may use their hand or arm to ward off
or push opponents.
b. The ball carrier shall not grasp a teammate; and no other teammate shall
grasp, pull, or lift the ball carrier to assist in forward progress.
(A.R. 9-3-2-I)
c. Teammates of the ball carrier or passer may interfere with opponents by
blocking but shall not use interlocked interference by grasping or encircling
one another in any manner while contacting an opponent.
PENALTY—Five yards [S44].

Even worse. Fine, award the TD that was earned, then wipe it out and then penalize us and give us 4th down again. Bet we kick and then let the REAL game play out.

Give it up - it’s like uncalled offensive holding - which by the way happens every play -

He likely wasn’t assisted as his arm slips off the ball carrier and it wasn’t called.

You are arguing that hey there was holding on the offensive line on some of the pass plays.

Neither relevant nor germane to what took place.
“What do the go& da$@ Germans have to do with it”

Officiating has been getting worse for years, bad calls happen. I’m way more concerned at how terrible and slow the defense was. How we basically stopped playing that let a TE just run free for a TD. How we let a guy with 2 bad legs get behind our secondary over snd over …lastly that our offense fell asleep in the 2nd Q and out QB on 3rd and 3 decides a 25 yard pass is the best option. So many bad plays on our side and yes the refs were awful

I think what bothers everyone is you are advocating for a rule that was not Flagged on this play. You come off as a relative of the refs trying to come up with a reason they called forward progress stopped. In the ref's mind what you are advocating didn't happen because he did not throw a flag. Your persistence on this makes it seem like you're anti-Vol, just saying.
Not at all. I lost money, not much but a little, on the loss.

I thought the ref crew sucked all night but I don't think they were corrupt. Like the announcers, they weren't the A list guys.

I'll leave this discussion with no problem now. I'm not about "making you see you're wrong" because frankly I don't care which "side" wins the argument........ TN lost the game and that's never good.

You guys can have it. I'm done. I saw what I saw and you saw what you saw. Shake hands and walk off.

Not really a good point in a thread about how imcompetent the refs are; you're kind of proving his point.
GTFOH, you ignorant POS troll. Guess I should have used blue font for your moronic a$$. The point is, they jobbed us, making it up as they went along, then bring that AFTER THE FACT, and here you are defending it.

Not at all. I lost money, not much but a little, on the loss.

I thought the ref crew sucked all night but I don't think they were corrupt. Like the announcers, they weren't the A list guys.

I'll leave this discussion with no problem now. I'm not about "making you see you're wrong" because frankly I don't care which "side" wins the argument........ TN lost the game and that's never good.

You guys can have it. I'm done. I saw what I saw and you saw what you saw. Shake hands and walk off.
You are naive if you think that final outcome was not guided by corruption. And the ones saying it was Heupels fault are all probably Bookies. I can tell you that last night's game drew more action than any bowl game thus far this bowl season and roughly 90 percent of that action was all on Tennessee against the spread

No didn’t realize that. Is it just a coincidence that’s now the second time in a year we’ve lost in games with horrendous officiating by crews who have previously been suspended?

Uh, too much $$ being put on UT to not have this game officiated in this fashion by the “For Hire” officiating crew.

Just saying

Reactions: mpfvol
Just watched the video again and if Fant executes a halfway decent block, it's a near walk in TD.

How about we place blame at the source of the problem on the play. Watch the video. Someone on the interior misses #17 who hits Wright to slow him, Fant misses #7 who grabs Wright in the backfield.

Execute and this isn't a discussion.
If your talking about execution it was good execution. It was a touchdown point blank.

I posted the rule. No one seems to care. You can't pull a player, only push from behind.

Who May Block
pass interference, interference with the opportunity to catch a kick or a personal
or push opponents.
(A.R. 9-3-2-I)

It depends. Would you rather be happy, or right?

Who May Block
or push opponents.
(A.R. 9-3-2-I)
He didn’t pull him!

There should be a 30 for 30 on all of the Tennessee heartbreaking games.

Too many men on the field at LSU
The field goal screw job against NC
The forward progress Corral strip sack
The forward progress no touchdown
The 2009 game winning FG block against Bama
The 2000 Matt Mauck is a hero LSU SEC Champ game

Well anyway I could go on and on
Don’t forget Ole Miss game this year

Reactions: rocketskates
Let’s not forget that we also got jobbed on basketball against the Boillancers with a terrible foul call (touch foul at the buzzer) that cost us the elite 8.

Reactions: mpfvol
Robbed for sure. But if you just handle that last series correctly you’re kicking the game winning field goal. Not sure why you keep trying for bombs to the endzone when you only need 30 yards for a FG to win. Those sideline routes and slants were working just fine.

So you’re just going to totally discount the horrendous no call when Tillman was clearly held on one of those throws? Good Lord.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I mean watch the replay, he wasn’t pulled in. Kid was laying over the defender and stretched the ball out. Fant is barely touching him.
Everyone would be better off to just not reply to this poster they are going to keep saying the same thing over and over till its true hahaha just let them be.

The way I see it, if your going to have reviews then every gaol line play should automatically be reviewed like all scoring plays are supposedly. I just don't get why it always happens to us. I remember Florida game back in 90's where ball hit Florida player in the chest, through his arm and landed by his feet and it was ruled a touchdown! This isn't new, we get blatantly screwed all the time by officials. SEC would never allow it to happen to Saban.

VN Store

Back