No tailgating this Saturday on city owned property

My family and I actually live here and don't just visit. We don't need or want large groups of idiots without masks gathering here.

Small groups I don't think they should disturb but ten or more? Nah it needs to be broken up.

I wouldn't want to be around large groups of "idiots" either..........mask or no mask. Outside in the sunshine, you don't need a freaking mask unless you're standing way to close to another person......like in their personal space.

I guess we could go to Walmart. Target, Home Depot or any grocery store because Covid doesn't go there.
Lol 😂 you mean it’s okay for 1,000s of people to visit a store and touch and breath on everything every single day but it isn’t okay for a group of people who know each other to get together and have a gathering with food and drinks to watch a football game? Lol (btw I’m agreeing with you, making fun of the others)

I'm for following the guidelines the drs and officials come up with to combat the spread.

The CDC have just updated the Infection Fatality Ratio of Covid based on current data. If these figures are the accurate fatality rates for groups. These figures suggest our lockdown strategy is completely unnecessary as Covid is nowhere near as fatal as we predicted.

So, do you listen to the experts when the TV tells you to, or when the data changes?

Attachments

• EjK29i9XgAUUnRY.jpg
    EjK29i9XgAUUnRY.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 45
Went to a restaurant with several close friends for lunch yesterday. The hostess ask for names, phone numbers, and addresses from us because the health dept required it. We all looked at her and each said "you've got to be kidding me? I wouldn't give my weight to the health dept much less my name etc.". She just laid down her pad and said "Follow me". We were given prime seating. It really is amazing what some will tolerate from their government.

The CDC have just updated the Infection Fatality Ratio of Covid based on current data. If these figures are the accurate fatality rates for groups. These figures suggest our lockdown strategy is completely unnecessary as Covid is nowhere near as fatal as we predicted.

So, do you listen to the experts when the TV tells you to, or when the data changes?
287538-526fb3e1b9348bc1233d6ec3d094dd61.jpg
Just to keep things accurate, here's the full chart that you show just one corner of:

CDC-Fatality.jpg

I'm not saying you're wrong in the conclusions you draw. Because the accurate info still supports your position. Just pointing out that you did NOT show the most accurate info.

Current best estimate by the CDC is that 5th column, the Scenario 5 column. And you'll note that the Infection to Fatality ratios are a little different there. For instance, 5.4% of folks over 70 years old who get the disease die of it, according to the best estimate. The data you provided says only 2.8% of folks that age who get the disease die. 2.8% up to 5.4% is a pretty big difference, if you're one of the people over 70.

I absolutely agree there's not a lot of difference between .002% and .003% for folks 0-19. And it's not even a huge difference, the .007% versus .02% difference for folks 20-49 years old.

But you should give the right info, if you're going to quote the CDC at all, I think.

Go Vols!

Governor Lee lifted all restrictions on businesses and social gatherings starting today. However, those larger local municipalities will enforce their own will because the law allows. smh. This is getting ridiculous. Though I hate UF, their state has a pretty solid governor.

Last edited:
Governor Lee lifted all restrictions on businesses and social gatherings starting today. However, those larger local municipalities will enforce their own will because the law allows. smh. This is getting ridiculous. Though I hate UF, their state as a pretty solid governor.
You left out, blaming the Federal Government for shutting everything down at the state and local level.

VN Store

Back