No tailgating this Saturday on city owned property

We usually park and tailgate at Locust Street Garage. I called, and you can park there, but they're not allowing any tailgating on city owned property, which is ignorance at its finest. Any recommendations out there as to where to set up a small tailgate?
Call Calhouns on the river

Reactions: Lane Train 4
We usually park and tailgate at Locust Street Garage. I called, and you can park there, but they're not allowing any tailgating on city owned property, which is ignorance at its finest. Any recommendations out there as to where to set up a small tailgate?
Downtown Grill and Brewery

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
For real. Outside and in the sunshine. Easy to social distance. Where's safer, a restaurant or a tailgate? Who are the idiots running Knoxville city government? You'd think they need the revenue.

Some idiot from California said outside picnics are bad so the rest of the nation's idiots jumped on board. Its a shame so many of them are involved in government....

I mean, there's no legal definition of "tailgating" right? 5 or 6 people standing around a truck isn't against any current policy in Knoxville. If you try to have 30-40 people together, you'll likely draw attention, but I can't imagine they can crack down on groups smaller than 10. If an officer comes up to you, simply say, "Hello officer. No, we aren't tailgating. We're having a nice day enjoying the weather outside." I can't think of any legal authority the city has to breakup something like that.

I am debating hanging out, inviting people. Just noon kick... Not sure

This makes zero sense. If people can get together and protest outside on campus multiple times over the summer then you can get together with friends outside your car and drink some beers and eat some food. What a joke.

People need to push out local officials in next election. Mayor Jacobs is the only one I would keep.

My family and I actually live here and don't just visit. We don't need or want large groups of idiots without masks gathering here.

Small groups I don't think they should disturb but ten or more? Nah it needs to be broken up.
Good post. I can confirm groups of 9 are incapable of spreading a virus.

VN Store

Back