No Super Regional Hosts - Sites TBD By NCAA

I had never checked out the nerd cast before, if you wanna know why they choose what they do, give that a listen.

Reactions: feathersax
Whoever is doing this has lost their minds. No way either by ranking or RPI some of those teams are ahead of us. There was D1baseball article that said they would not have teams from the same conference putting each other out before CWS if at all possible. Plus who puts Vandy and Michigan in the same regional?
In 2018 the Super Regional had
Vanderbilt playing Ms State
Florida playing Auburn
Arkansas playing South Carolina

Hoping some of the less woke SEC schools tell the NCAA to pound sand on this. If Mississippian’s, and the fans of schools they host, want to pile into Dudy Noble or Swayze that’s their prerogative. Long past time for the nanny state to go back in the closet and quit thinking we need them to “protect” us.
NCAA recommends 50% capacity for baseball, softball regionals

If we win our next two series vs UK and Mizzou, we should be a favorite for a top 8 seed right? We would have a great overall and conference record as well as a top 5 RPI. Am I missing anything?

Some of the projections I’ve seen have us hosting but not top 8. If they’re picking in two weeks, we should be in great shape. I hope geography, history, and politics don’t play too much of a role.

If we win our next two series vs UK and Mizzou, we should be a favorite for a top 8 seed right? We would have a great overall and conference record as well as a top 5 RPI. Am I missing anything?

Some of the projections I’ve seen have us hosting but not top 8. If they’re picking in two weeks, we should be in great shape. I hope geography, history, and politics don’t play too much of a role.

My take as well, but tradition is a thing, the National folks are not enthused about as many as 4 SEC teams being in the top 8 IMO.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
My take as well, but tradition is a thing, the National folks are not enthused about as many as 4 SEC teams being in the top 8 IMO.

Yea 4 SEC teams isn't ideal for them. They will want someone out west and it seems like Notre Dame is a media darling in the eyes of the college baseball media this year. I think they are a lock based off of geography. ECU is also a popular pick, although they did split a series with UCF this weekend.

So I think Arkansas, Vandy, Miss St, TCU, Oregon, and Notre Dame are locks based off of geography and tradition. I think the other two national seeds are going to come down to UT, Texas, ECU, and possibly Arizona. We need to root against ECU as I think they are the most vulnerable to fall out of contention. Texas is obviously attractive and if it came down to Texas or another SEC team (especially it being UT), I think we'd be left in the dark. If Arizona continue to win, I could see them wanting two teams out West.

Obviously we need to continue to take care of business the next two weeks.

Yea 4 SEC teams isn't ideal for them. They will want someone out west and it seems like Notre Dame is a media darling in the eyes of the college baseball media this year. I think they are a lock based off of geography. ECU is also a popular pick, although they did split a series with UCF this weekend.

So I think Arkansas, Vandy, Miss St, TCU, Oregon, and Notre Dame are locks based off of geography and tradition. I think the other two national seeds are going to come down to UT, Texas, ECU, and possibly Arizona. We need to root against ECU as I think they are the most vulnerable to fall out of contention. Texas is obviously attractive and if it came down to Texas or another SEC team (especially it being UT), I think we'd be left in the dark. If Arizona continue to win, I could see them wanting two teams out West.

Yep, that’s the way I see it as well. What a good problem to have, right? And we need to root against Texas, just because...We ARE THE UT!

Take 2 out of 3 against Kentucky and it’s a lock

That would be unfortunate. Right now, we have double the number of Q1 wins than that of Texas, and they have lost 2 Q4 games (teams greater than RPI 200). In basketball, it’s a no-brainer. I guess tradition and bias can rear its head.

But, yes, we need to take care of business the next two series, and then at least win 2-3 the last two series.

That would be unfortunate. Right now, we have double the number of Q1 wins than that of Texas, and they have lost 2 Q4 games (teams greater than RPI 200). In basketball, it’s a no-brainer. I guess tradition and bias can rear its head.

But, yes, we need to take care of business the next two series, and then at least win 2-3 the last two series.

Gotta think about it with no dog in the fight man. Nashville is gonna be one. Texas could have two, it’s a thing.

This week's projected 64 field may be getting worse for us. It has us as 7 seed with #2 Virginia Tech, #4 Western Carolina, and #3 South Alabama. We don't want to see Western Carolina in first game. I know it should be different but they believe they can beat us. I don't think it would be close with Dallas on the mound but they would not be afraid to come to Knoxville.

Reactions: txbo
Here's the latest baseball bracketology from College Sports Madness. Here's how they think Tennessee's Regional will stack up.

7 Tennessee
North Carolina State
USC Upstate
Wright State

Bracketology

Reactions: StarRaider
Opening Regional I would like to see in Knoxville

5 Tennessee
Old Dominion
Georgia Tech
Army

I am glad the NCAA decided to make the Super's merit based, but I am still concerned that if we don't win this series against Arkansas the NCAA is going to use it as an excuse to not have 4 SEC Super hosts even though we would be deserving. Gotta get the series W this weekend to leave no doubt.

I am glad the NCAA decided to make the Super's merit based, but I am still concerned that if we don't win this series against Arkansas the NCAA is going to use it as an excuse to not have 4 SEC Super hosts even though we would be deserving. Gotta get the series W this weekend to leave no doubt.

Who are your four cuts for the regional hosts? I'm thinking that the lowest-RPI C-USA team (LA Tech or USM, most likely), Ole Miss, South Carolina and Pittsburgh end up getting the axe.

VN Store

Back