No Need to Worry…

It's what a coach is supposed to do when up 35-0.
Actually, it wasn't by design. He was asked about this in a presser and basically said the players failed to execute on simple assignments.

In all honesty, to me, it just felt like SC adjusted and we didn't

Reactions: DC_Vol
If you listen to what coach hype actually said... it was more along the lines of (not exact) "there were things we could have done better at the half, little things, that would make a big difference."

read between the misdirect.

Reactions: Voltrappedinfla
I like our defenses chances of getting a stop more than I like theirs, their defense hasn’t gotten a stop all year! Ours has!

Maybe we went conservative, but it’s not like they didn’t want to score in the third quarter. Especially that first drive right out of halftime. I feel like SCs defense is owed some credit for making adjustments out of halftime.
No. For some reason CJH decided to channel Johnny Majors. It was status quo to try and run out the game clock for the entire third quarter during his time there, even if we only had a limited lead. I guess he wanted to see how the team would react if we wanted to be conservative.

No Need to Worry…
dont-tell-me-what-to-do-amy-poehler.gif

I’ve read several discussions about the 2nd half of the South Carolina game where the play calling was too simple & conservative. Here’s why we shouldn’t worry and move on:

Let’s be clear, the only reason why JH called off the dogs early because he was trying to keep from more injuries happening. Remember, we still don’t have enough quality depth. He knew the game was out of reach with no chance of SC coming back.

I don’t expect Heupel to be conservative against Ole Miss if we manage to build a pretty decent lead depending on how the defense is playing.

And it’s been said over & over again that Heupel doesn’t like to use time outs unless it’s absolutely necessary. The Ole Miss defense is pretty bad so there’s no need to give them chances to regroup.

I expect Heupel to keep his foot on the gas for 4 quarters this weekend. The offense should continuing rolling with this up tempo attack.

I'd buy the injury thing if he would've taken a knee after SC took the final timeout instead of still running plays.

VN Store

Back