No more Rupp Arena?

I get that things aren’t perfect and nothing is but can someone please tell me where it stops?

It doesn't stop. Every early civilization captured and maintained slaves, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Europeans everyone. It was part of the spoils of war, losers become slaves of the winners. This was never more true anywhere than in Africa where the major tribes held millions of slaves. In fact, they sold their slaves to slavers from around the world for decades. To eradicate all evidence of racists and slavery all world history must be destroyed.

It doesn't stop. Every early civilization captured and maintained slaves, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Europeans everyone. It was part of the spoils of war, losers become slaves of the winners. This was never more true anywhere than in Africa where the major tribes held millions of slaves. In fact, they sold their slaves to slavers from around the world for decades. To eradicate all evidence of racists and slavery all world history must be destroyed.

Renaming a basketball arena is not destroying world history.

Not to mention it was blacks that sold other blacks into slavery that started the New World's slave system, and it was overwhelmingly whites that decided the millennia-long institution of slavery was probably a bad thing after all.

How are these facility names important when the kids complaining about slavery put on uniforms made by Nike who utilizes slave labor in China to make the uniforms. Same for Apple. That is about hypocritical as it gets.
Because, again, it's not about actual morals or anything meaningful. It's about power and destruction.

One always has to wonder why the most vocal of the goofballs is never found pointing out the injustice of the fully operational slave markets in places like North Africa where blacks are traded just like in 1800s America by Arabs. The reality is most of the people clamoring for this stuff are ignorant morons that have no experience in the world and just want to fit in to the crowd.

I have no clue I'm not a Kentucky fan but im tired of Folks b****** cause they are changing team names and arenas. America shouldnt honor any leader or memorial that hate a specific group of ppl that live in this country.

Then we‘ve got some cities and states to rename.

Reactions: hmhawk
Maybe they will finally change it to Corrupt Arena lol in all honesty they will probably get a sponsor like they did for football. Family dollar arena sounds good

Is it the right thing to do? I get your annoyed but why should we honor somebody that hated black ppl? Especially in a sport that is predominantly black.
You have no idea what the specifics of my gripes are. I see a slippery slope where all you have to do is imply someone hated black people to justify a totally different agenda. It’s been Rupp Arena since 1976. Just now it’s violating civil rights? He died a year afterwards...so this takes away HONOR? He was flawed but he also made that program legendary with his success. And you railed against another poster for concerning themselves with another program. Why you saying “WE”?

I have no clue I'm not a Kentucky fan but im tired of Folks b****** cause they are changing team names and arenas. America shouldnt honor any leader or memorial that hate a specific group of ppl that live in this country.
How does a memorial hate anything? It’s an inanimate object. And the leaders are dead.., so also no hate.

You have no idea what the specifics of my gripes are. I see a slippery slope where all you have to do is imply someone hated black people to justify a totally different agenda. It’s been Rupp Arena since 1976. Just now it’s violating civil rights? He died a year afterwards...so this takes away HONOR? He was flawed but he also made that program legendary with his success. And you railed against another poster for concerning themselves with another program. Why you saying “WE”?
Well you sound annoyed just saying. Look it doesn’t matter how long something has been named. If its wrong its wrong doesn't matter if we didn't think it was wrong then. Have you ever did something or created something and regretted it 5-10 years later? It happens. Folks didn't understand back then now they do and are taking action. Why be upset about it? If Neyland goes down cause of it oh well. Tennessee has a rich history of excellence we can just name the stadium after something else. People hate change I hate it too but if its for the right cause I understand. Your an intelligent man Ive enjoyed you on VN for years hope you understand my POV.

Reactions: NashVol11
Well you sound annoyed just saying. Look it doesn’t matter how long something has been named. If its wrong its wrong doesn't matter if we didn't think it was wrong then. Have you ever did something or created something and regretted it 5-10 years later? It happens. Folks didn't understand back then now they do and are taking action. Why be upset about it? If Neyland goes down cause of it oh well. Tennessee has a rich history of excellence we can just name the stadium after something else. People hate change I hate it too but if its for the right cause I understand. Your an intelligent man Ive enjoyed you on VN for years hope you understand my POV.
Can’t be as blasé about it as you. Just gotta hope there’s more who see it my way than yours. I understand your POV on this...I just reject it.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Can’t be as blasé about it as you. Just gotta hope there’s more who see it my way than yours. I understand your POV on this...I just reject it.
You're nicer than I am. To me there's no point of view to understand. We're seeing nothing but widespread, embarrassing fragility from a very vocal, very ignorant minority of Americans.

You're nicer than I am. To me there's no point of view to understand. We're seeing nothing but widespread, embarrassing fragility from a very vocal, very ignorant minority of Americans.
It sounds like the only ignorant person is you my friend.

VN Store

Back