No more Million dollar coaches.

Unfortunately we’re way beyond the point of a credentialed coach coming here. We either stick with what we’ve got or keep trying and hope we eventually catch lightning in a bottle.
GBO!!

Which is what I'm saying. We may have to try catching lightning in a bottle. I hope its not sticking with what we got.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
What we should do is how they sign on players in the NFL.

Give someone a one year prove it deal.

You beat Florida this year we will back a dump truck with a milli at your doorstep same night with cash on the spot.

You beat Georgia will throw in a couple more.

You beat Bama and we will throw in even more.

Get us a natty and you own the university. For 5 years + millions.

If you beat one of the above you get an extension. Don't beat any of the above and you're gone at the end of the year.

Reactions: orange_glory
We got passed by when other universities decided to pay coaches higher salaries and bring in winners. Your idea is to go to a coaching salary cap? Am I reading this right?

I'm saying things are different now and things may have to change.

What we should do is how they sign on players in the NFL.

Give someone a one year prove it deal.

You beat Florida this year we will back a dump truck with a milli at your doorstep same night with cash on the spot.

You beat Georgia will throw in a couple more.

You beat Bama and we will throw in even more.

Get us a natty and you own the university. For 5 years + millions.

If you beat one of the above you get an extension. Don't beat any of the above and you're gone at the end of the year.

I like that but in the COVID era will all that money be sustainable. That's my point.

I like that but in the COVID era will all that money be sustainable. That's my point.

Well I just mean that's what we should have done and what we still should do but alas Covid so now it's definitely not an option until que balls contract is up and hopefully by then this Rona crap will be either gone completely or not as bad.

Do coaches suddenly become better if they are paid more? I think coaches either have it or don't. I get that if your good at your job you may get rewarded with more money.
The coaches get paid what the market is willing to provide. Success is college football is valued highly enough to support these salaries. Boosters, ticket Byers, and advertising purchasers make it so and it is only headed upward.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Let's use COVID as a reason. Lower attendance, less revenue, and smaller budgets. Let's get a bunch of local Tennessee coaches who bleed orange and know what the TN program means to this state, pay them less, and start saving money around here. Most coaches in this state would think they died and went to Heaven if they only made six figures a year. It would be a gamble but a low cost gamble.
I know some HS coaches who aren't this inept. We all do.

Not a million. Read the thread title. Still a crazy amount for a game.

Can't think of it was just a game, UTK football is a multi-million dollar organization / cash cow for the University.

If you paid someone six figures and they won a championship another school would offer more money and they'd be gone or we'd match and be right back in the same spot as now.

Hell, a new car cost what, $3000 when Neyland was coaching. Moronic post!

You could pay me $950K a year and I'd keep it within 3 scores of Kentucky...
I was 2-0 as interim HS coach, which was 2 more games of HC experience than Pruitt had when hired

VN Store

Back