No more Million dollar coaches.

orange_glory

The Tennessee shade of Orange
Let's use COVID as a reason. Lower attendance, less revenue, and smaller budgets. Let's get a bunch of local Tennessee coaches who bleed orange and know what the TN program means to this state, pay them less, and start saving money around here. Most coaches in this state would think they died and went to Heaven if they only made six figures a year. It would be a gamble but a low cost gamble.

Lowballing always pays dividends at TN. Every time I have to google a coach we are considering I know greatness is just around the corner.

Its not so much about low balling but maybe trying to do things different. Its a different world we live in now. Things may have to change. Coaches and pro players are paid ridiculous amounts of money for a game.

Reactions: volbound1700
Didn’t Mike Hamilton try this already?

Did Mike hire a TN coach? When was the last time TN was good? Did they have a TN guy? I only mention less money because we live in a different world now. If COVID doesn't go away for awhile what will happen with those Million dollar contracts?

Did Mike hire a TN coach? When was the last time TN was good? Did they have a TN guy? I only mention less money because we live in a different world now. If COVID doesn't go away for awhile what will happen with those Million dollar contracts?
They will be paid based on their terms and conditions through their end date, barring any unforeseen bankruptcies or apocalypse.

Reactions: orange_glory
Do coaches suddenly become better if they are paid more? I think coaches either have it or don't. I get that if your good at your job you may get rewarded with more money.

Yeah your probably right but it is a different world we live in now.

You keep saying that but actually, not it's not. Things would have to stay bad for a few years for it to fundamentally change major college sports and the landscape.

VN Store

Back