No more Kentucky...

Or was it.....

Kentucky, duke, Kansas,

All have the same problem with offense ???

Well all of those coaches have had significantly more postseason success than Barnes so I’m gonna say it’s still offense with Barnes

Point still stands. They count, so it really doesn’t matter how many they had. Duke and UK in 2012 are the only 2 in the last 10-12 years.

Well I’m not asking for national titles, I’m asking not to blow 15 point second half leads and losing to 13 seeds in the tournament. If you think the problem was “well we had two one and done guys and that just doesn’t work anymore” then this is a silly argument

Well I’m not asking for national titles, I’m asking not to blow 15 point second half leads and losing to 13 seeds in the tournament. If you think the problem was “well we had two one and done guys and that just doesn’t work anymore” then this is a silly argument

Nice stretch. Never said that. But it’s pretty clear what the model is to have a better chance at post season success. Just look at the Final Four teams the last 8-10 years.

Two one and done guards aren’t exactly the recipe. You need veteran guard play, and it usually takes multiple seasons to develop a consistent shot. Rather have a one and done big man.

People get mad at the dumbest ****. Mad at blowing a 15 point lead. But not thrilled for the stretch where a 15 point lead was built. 40 lead changes with no big deficits must be the preferred way to lose. But then they’re mad at choking and not being able to close out a game.

Last edited:
We can’t blame this years struggles on Springer or Johnson. Team had talent issues from earlier piss poor recruiting years. I think both played very hard and committed. The team just didn’t jell and as the season went on the team looked more like a team without chemistry each game. Yes they beat Fla twice (a team missing their best player with similar issues). I wish both the best but Tennessee has had 3 “one and done” guys and it hasnt worked yet.

People get mad at the dumbest ****. Mad at blowing a 15 point lead. But not thrilled for the stretch where a 15 point lead was built. 40 lead changes with no big deficits must be the preferred way to lose. But then their mad a choking and not being able to close out a game.

We get it TGO, you don’t care about wins or losses

And the same ending In Knoxville and Austin will likely be the result
The bottom of the roster is being flipped and those 3-4 year guys brought in too...I also don’t think we will HAVE to rely on BHH...Chandler yes, but not from a scoring standpoint.

I enjoyed watching Springer and Johnson. They really gave strong effort. I enjoyed the envy of UK fans watching our guys excel and improve while overrated Kentucky players pouted and folded under pressure. COVID-19 year was definitely weird but the success of the 2 freshmen will give Barnes a recruiting edge for years to come. The 2020-21 team had some limitations but I liked the entire roster including guys like Pember and Gaines. I wish them all much success in NBA or with a bonus year in ncaa.

I enjoyed watching Springer and Johnson. They really gave strong effort. I enjoyed the envy of UK fans watching our guys excel and improve while overrated Kentucky players pouted and folded under pressure. COVID-19 year was definitely weird but the success of the 2 freshmen will give Barnes a recruiting edge for years to come. The 2020-21 team had some limitations but I liked the entire roster including guys like Pember and Gaines. I wish them all much success in NBA or with a bonus year in ncaa.

For any elite player whose primary question of a head coach is: "Can this guy get me to the League?" or "Can this guy get me a higher draft position?", Barnes has instant cred.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back